Ogiesel (420)

• Thread starter StrikeitRich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StrikeitRich

K i got these seeds from a gram of bud i got from a certain dispensary... The bud was labeled as Ogiesel.

So far out of two seeds which both poped i got two dif phenoms for sure.
Ogeisels_11-22.jpg

Close up of pheno 2 big ass leaf
Indica_Leaf.jpg

Pheno 1
Phen1_11-22.jpg

Pheno 2
Phen2_11-22.jpg

I got two clones of them each put into the flower room to sex em out... Cant wait to see what i got.

Peace
Strike it Rich

S

StrikeitRich

Hair cuts?

Hey guys sorry no news yet on sexes clones should be showing soon, suprised at the diference of soil and hydro growth rates, i put the clones into big cups of soil just to sex em and keep mothers but it seems to take forever for them to start to settle in and start growing.

but starting to get cramped in clone and select veg room so i had to give em a hair cut and some trainin suprised at how sad it can make em look.

11-301.JPG

but hopefully soon ill have room in my flower room and start to train these two into their screens.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

DIY Carbon Scrubber

K well I made this bad guy for around $35 bucks. So compaired to the $150 u could spend at a Hydro store, I would say def. worth a try. Also I am able to replace tha Activated Charcoal within the filter itself so it has a Full lifetime guarante. Not bad, not bad at all.

DIYFilter1.jpg

Yes I'll be completly wraping the mesh with more of the blue furnace fabric, I just wanted to show yall a pic of it before i sealed it all up.

DIYFilter.jpg

Now all I gotta do is plug it in and smell... :)

Peace,
S i R
:harvest:

S

Shady Acres

is that fan blowing through the filter? you wanna pull the air through

i just grew the OGiesel, it's dank as hell. good luck with your grow

S

StrikeitRich

Suckin or Blowin?

Why would it matter either way if it was a stand alone filter? I could see backpressure being an issue if it was hooked up to something like a light hood or had a long run of ducting, but i'll just be putting it in my tent all by itself, as is. Please explain.

Thnks for ur wishes and I too am hopefull. It would be beyond nice if I got a Kush pheno and a Giesel Pheno with just the two seeds I got from the bud and also wouldnt it be ohh so sweet if they both where females...:)

Peace,
S i R

marski420

marski420

Pulling air through you're filter will make the filter last WAY longer.. Its improper to push air through a filter, You will have to change it a lot more frequently that way.

Best of luck with the pheno's my brother.. Hoping you get some dank.

S

StrikeitRich

K so it will last longer because.... I dont know I may just be well slow, or something, but i guess my concern lies with the idea of pulling air through it. If something where to get lose then its pulled through the fan and possibly damaging it, but I also am able to replace the carbon as much as I want I have an unlimited amount of Carbon, but being wastfull isn't my style. the reason that it lasts longer by sucking air through the filter is because it....? Vs. blowing air through it and causing it to....? either way its air moving across the carbon crystals so why is it better one way vs the other? If it blew air into the filter i wouldn't have to worry about it sucking any carbon crystals into it. Or u guys saying that the fan will last longer cause it can suck easier than blow? I do know that its better to have ur fan sucking the air through ur enclosed hoods for that reason, is it that fact we are relying on? I've honestly never had to run one so its just me trying to understand the fundamentals behind what is being said about either blowing or sucking the air through the filter itslef, maybe I'll try both ways and then understand better, I've always been the type to get it once I do it...

Ty for ur responses and i'm sorry if it seems im being difficult, but it's just me being a curious Tom is all.

Peace,
S i R

T

TreFarmer

surface area

K so it will last longer because.... I dont know I may just be well slow, or something, but i guess my concern lies with the idea of pulling air through it. If something where to get lose then its pulled through the fan and possibly damaging it, but I also am able to replace the carbon as much as I want I have an unlimited amount of Carbon, but being wastfull isn't my style. the reason that it lasts longer by sucking air through the filter is because it....? Vs. blowing air through it and causing it to....? either way its air moving across the carbon crystals so why is it better one way vs the other? If it blew air into the filter i wouldn't have to worry about it sucking any carbon crystals into it. Or u guys saying that the fan will last longer cause it can suck easier than blow? I do know that its better to have ur fan sucking the air through ur enclosed hoods for that reason, is it that fact we are relying on? I've honestly never had to run one so its just me trying to understand the fundamentals behind what is being said about either blowing or sucking the air through the filter itslef, maybe I'll try both ways and then understand better, I've always been the type to get it once I do it...

Ty for ur responses and i'm sorry if it seems im being difficult, but it's just me being a curious Tom is all.

Peace,
S i R
the outside has more surface area giving better life. Pushing through the inside is pushing through less surface area.

S

StrikeitRich

Surface area...

K i understand that more surface area easier flow rates.... GOT IT...:)

TY

Peace,
S i R

Illmind

Illmind

lemme know how that works out, the diy scrubber that is.

S

StrikeitRich

Females?

Im thinkin Pheno 1 is a female... Dont quite know yet for sure enough to guess on the pheno 2...

SetupVeg2011-6.JPG

Should know for sure within 2 days... :character0029:

Peace,
S i R

blazer

blazer

Filter will work fine its just scrubbing room right not connected to nothing may loose some capacity though reason usually pull through filters is mainly not to affect airflow and velocity easier on fans to pull than push through filters maybe helps peace
Blazer

Got some ogiesel beans can't wait to pop prob wont happen till next year
Can't wait to see what u get hopefully there ladies!

S

StrikeitRich

Workin Good

Everything solid and working great. decided to have it blow through it just cause when i fliped it around and tried it the other way i saw no improvment with air flow, and this way i can spend 1$ on Carbon instead of suckin somethin into the fan and havin to spend 120$ on a new fan.

Setup2011-6.JPG

I also redid the mix on the nutes for the Ogiesels

PPM 600
PH 5.8
Temp 66 f

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

Sex?

what yall think?? srry blurry i know.

6-8sexin.JPG

Peace,
S i R

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Looks like a lady to me

S

StrikeitRich

Sex?

not so blurry.

Pheno 1 starting to show her self

sexin.jpg

Peace,
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

Hi S i R, just checking out your grow...that's pretty cool to get some unexpected beans...

The last pic above certainly looks female to me...

Good luck, Xrancher

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Hey bro, good show so far.. The reason you want to pull air from the filter rather than push is simple efficiency and the scrubbing of contaminants from the air.

here is some info from canfilters.com

Is it recommended to push or pull through the filter?
It is recommended to pull air through the filter, the reason for this is because the filters utilize the most surface area of carbon to clean the air and you use the most of the pre filter to block dirt and debris from entering your carbon pore structure. Another advantage of pulling air through the filter is that your going to have clean air running through your fan instead of air possibly laden with VOC’s, dust, and other airborne particles that could stick to the fan blades and create air resistance.

S

StrikeitRich

Ty all and Hopefully all will continue with as few Hiccups as possible.

It must of been some sorta fate getting them seeds cause as soon as I got everything set to start my first cuttings I was sitting down to enjoy a rip of some dank in the bubbler and as I was cutting it up, POp...POp... two mature seeds.. :) Couldnt of asked for better timein. :)

K and as far as some information on the Scrubber I made,

Dimensions from bottom up

* 1 8inch Tin or aluminum (whatever ducting is made of) End cap
* a roll of small as u can find wire mesh but still very self supporting
* 1 8inch double sided male fitting adapter thing
* 1 8 to 6 inch reducer thing
* a roll of blue furnace filter fabric and thread and neadle.

K, now to the part that is a little confusin. U need to make two cylinders out of the meshing one that is a tad bigger then 8 inches diameter and as tall as u want really. this is ur outer wall. now u gotta make an inner wall too. This is the harder part. U need to make it 6 inches in diameter to fit exactly into the 6 inch reducer on the top of the scrubber. so it also has to be longer than ur first cylinder but only with a 6 inch diameter. my reducer adds almost 9 inches or so additionally to the top of cylinder #1.

Look close
DIYFilter1.jpg

Stitch ur fabric onto inner cyclender (Long one) then insert and epoxy in place.

Tip: make it a little longer and the extra inch or half inch u get, take a pair of pliars and make a 90 degree bend at the bottom of the Long one so u have something to epoxy to the bottom of the end cap.

K now i used a strong epoxy resin type stuff to get it to adhear well to the metal but u could prob use silicon on something but make sure its ridgid enough to hold itself together. (thicker guage wire is what ud need if it wasnt)

Give it a day 24HRS to dry

then stitch on ur outer fabric to ur scrubber and then also wrap string around the diameter of the cylender to hold that on to the outside of mesh. I did a strand bout every inch, inch and a half or so. This is annoying and takes a while.

Now fill with the carbon up to the middle of the double sided 8 inch adapter and stuff the rest with A synthetic filter fluff matterial that looks like cotton but is not cotton ( DO NOT use cotton) unless u like moldies. Pack it down good and then add ur 8 to 6 reducer and tape it up. I use the reflective aluminum sided ducting tape. Now make sure if u do this that u plug it in outside and leave it running for 30 mins or so just incase some dust blows round from the carbon. (its dirty shit)

K now sorry if this doesnt make sense i just replayed what i did in my head and typed it as i was thinkin bout it. Also everything u can get at Menards atleast thats where i got most my stuff. Except the carbon that is from a fish supply store but i got a case of it from a buddy for 10 bucks back when i was breeding African Chiclids.

Peace,
S i R

Top Bottom