ograskal's nute schedule...

• Thread starter oldhand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oldhand

good afternoon I just thought I'd post this up (if it's ok with you raskal??)... I had this post saved from another forum, which I won't name... I really dig how simple & effective this recipe is... the only thing I would change personally, would be the addition of some organic blackstrap molasses & maybe some purple maxx... just my 2 cents tho :) :)

Originally Posted by ograskal
"Hey wassup fellas ...Thanks for the nice replies everybody...I'm really diggin this Afghani Kush...Nice Chunky Stinky frosty Buds....Its been awhile since I've smoked her but I will be smokin some shortly as soon as she's all dried up....Smoke report soon.....And heres how I grow....I've posted this up Numerous times here on ***** so here it goes once again for those who missed it......Its really VERY SIMPLE....I strictly use Foxfarm OCeanforest soil with approximately 30-35% more perlite added to the mix....Yes, I use fresh soil evertime...For Veg, Foxfarm Growbig> 1 capful per gallon> every watering.....For flower I use TigerBloom and BigBloom combo > 1 cap TB and 1.5 caps BB per gallon> almost every watering....If the plants look like they need more, I simply add a little more GB during Veg or TB during flower....If they look like they need less, I feed less...For the last 2 weeks or so I give straight water....Thats all...Really simple..Nothing but Foxfarm Soil and Nutes....Been doing this for years now and my plants love it....~ogr"

O

ograskal

good afternoon I just thought I'd post this up (if it's ok with you raskal??)... I had this post saved from another forum, which I won't name... I really dig how simple & effective this recipe is... the only thing I would change personally, would be the addition of some organic blackstrap molasses & maybe some purple maxx... just my 2 cents tho :) :)

Originally Posted by ograskal
"Hey wassup fellas ...Thanks for the nice replies everybody...I'm really diggin this Afghani Kush...Nice Chunky Stinky frosty Buds....Its been awhile since I've smoked her but I will be smokin some shortly as soon as she's all dried up....Smoke report soon.....And heres how I grow....I've posted this up Numerous times here on ***** so here it goes once again for those who missed it......Its really VERY SIMPLE....I strictly use Foxfarm OCeanforest soil with approximately 30-35% more perlite added to the mix....Yes, I use fresh soil evertime...For Veg, Foxfarm Growbig> 1 capful per gallon> every watering.....For flower I use TigerBloom and BigBloom combo > 1 cap TB and 1.5 caps BB per gallon> almost every watering....If the plants look like they need more, I simply add a little more GB during Veg or TB during flower....If they look like they need less, I feed less...For the last 2 weeks or so I give straight water....Thats all...Really simple..Nothing but Foxfarm Soil and Nutes....Been doing this for years now and my plants love it....~ogr"

Hey thanks alot bro..And for the record I just started using blackstrap mollases a month or two ago...Cant say i really see a difference though but i know its got to be doin somethin....When you flush do you also use the Blackstrap??...Thanks..~ogr

O

oldhand

I have heard of peeps doing both... I think using straight water the last 2 weeks is the best bet as I personally want the taste of the bud to be as close to it's natural state as possible, if that makes sense hehe... raskal another question I had for ya... do you do any foliar feeding? if so, can you elaborate a bit? you're kush plants always look so vibrant & healthy! also, what kind if pest problems do you deal with down in the san fernando valley & how do you deal with them? many probs up here in the rocky mountain range come from whitefly, spidermites, aphids, & to a lesser extent thrips... particularly during the hot & muggy parts of summertime... predatory bugs do pretty well up here in the warm season, especially ladybugs... I've been looking into trying out the "SAFER" brand omri certified pest & fungus sprays as I'm kinda on an organic kick right now lol... thx for quick reply & peace!

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Hey OG, its at the end you'll notice the dif with that Blackstrap. Like many others, been using this line for a long time, including the Blackstrap, and it really brings out some great flavours and helps to process out those last few nutes having all those sugars in the plant for when its time to flush. Not like i need to tell you anything, just noticed you havnt seen much from it yet is all.

ape1337

ape1337

CRAZY about OG kush
Supporter
nice post oldhand.. i rem when i first started this hobby/passion i always looked to raskals threads and did whatever he did with soil because of his results. Works great for me, can't go wrong with FFOF and chunky perlite. Have you ever tried pbp raskal? also have you ever thrown in worm casting and pulverized dolomite lime?

O

ograskal

nice post oldhand.. i rem when i first started this hobby/passion i always looked to raskals threads and did whatever he did with soil because of his results. Works great for me, can't go wrong with FFOF and chunky perlite. Have you ever tried pbp raskal? also have you ever thrown in worm casting and pulverized dolomite lime?

Hey Wassup ape..Just got back from the Hydro store and bought some PBP Grow and PBP Soil Bloom and i will start using them next week on a few of my plants to see how they work..No i've never added anything to my FFOF soil except the extra Perlite..I'm really to lazy to start adding and mixing up things , the mixing in of the Perlite is enough work for me..LOL..I like things real simple..With the PBP line I will only be adding the Blackstrap Mollases and Maybe some Cal'Mag if they look like they need it...~ogr

O

ograskal

Hey oldhand, If i ever see any pests I just go to Homedepot and Pick up a few HotShot No pest strips and that usually does the Job..~ogr

fractaLz

fractaLz

Thats funny. I use the same exact soil/nutrient regimen, and I also am giving PBP a go

S

shwagsplashin

great thread! i've been thinking of getting back into the dirt and now i'm convinced. can't wait to put some ograskal beans in the dirt. any auctions in the works?

S

shwagsplashin

please ignore my question, just seen the answer in another thread.

O

oldhand

Raskal, how about foliar feeding? Do you do any foliar feeding? If so, what do you use, how much, and when? Like I said before, you're kush plants always have an amazing vibrant look/aura to them that I associate with good herb... I'm sure you must give them alot of love... I can personally say that playing chill classical music to plants is a big plus... they just love it!!

O

ograskal

Hey wassup bro...No i dont do any foliar feeding at all....I used to several years ago but didnt see much of a difference so i just stopped doin it!..sorry for the late reply!..~ogr

Red Reign

Red Reign

When you say 'capful', are you talking quart or gallon bottle caps? I'm going to try a few plants in FF soil on the next round.

true grit

true grit

Nice...I always wondered if a standard, simplified schedule was best. Seems that some put a hell of a lot into feeding schedules but I don't always see anything dramatically different (besides $$ spent). On top of that, I feel much of it is in the genetics...kind of like pure bred dogs. Ha. Hate to use that, but I've found that amazing pups that grow to great pure breds do so because of breeding- not what you feed, or how you excerise...but the breeder. And seems you can back that up!

D

dancetochaos

Hey Og will you please keep us updated on how you like the PBP Grow and PBP Soil Bloom? THANKS

J

JeffSpicoli

yea, im very interested to hear what you have to think about PBP compared to FF

O

ograskal

Hey wassup fellas...Been using the PBP nutes for a little bit now and everything looks great...Cant really tell the difference between ther FF and PBP though...They both work great..I recommend Both!...~ogr

Latest posts

Top Bottom