Oh... What did I do???

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lacey

Lacey

We ran out of Maxisea and had a hard time finding it. So we got GH Maxigrow. We did 1 one feeding and 2 of out plants are struggling.
It kinda seems like most of our plants are having a issue all of a sudden but these two are the worse. Any ideas as to what it could be and how to correct?

Oh what did i do
Oh what did i do 2
Oh what did i do 3
Rooke

Rooke

Heya Lacey, did you start off at 1/2 strength? It looks like it’s a bit to strong a feed? Check your runoff?

Lacey

Lacey

Heya Lacey, did you start off at 1/2 strength? It looks like it’s a bit to strong a feed? Check your runoff?
No, we did full strength because the guy at the garden center said it was the same thing as Maxsea. It was less NPK than Maxsea.

Lacey

Lacey

My GG is doing this. She is 2 plants away from the other pics I posted.
Same soil, in same size grow pot in the same greenhouse. They were fed Maxsea and did amazing! Then ran out and couldn't find it, so I got GH Maxigro. Fed it once on the 4th of this month, regular strength as directed by the guy at the grow shop. He said it is the same thing, nothing to worry about. This week we are seeing issue after issue since we used GH Maxigro. I was able to get Maxsea again(thank goodness).
Whatever it is, it is impacting almost all of my plants.
They did NOT look like this 2 weeks ago.
What do you all think?

Image0
Image12710
Image22711
Rooke

Rooke

Has their uptake been normal? Do you let them get dry before feeding them ?

Rooke

Rooke

They might be locked out. Can you catch some runoff check ph and ec. It could be something else hopefully someone will chime in @ Aquaman @ Chemistry

Lacey

Lacey

Has their uptake been normal? Do you let them get dry before feeding them ?
We dampen the soil before we feed if it needed.
This past week their uptake has been greater. We are having to water more with the heatwave.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You shouldn't listen to what the hydro store guys say. You should know what the EC of your nutrient solution is with Maxisea so you could of matched it with MaxiGro. That is the best way to grow, by knowing what you are giving your plants.

Full strength MaxiGro is like 2000 ppm or somewhere close to that, which is gonna be very high for most plants.

EDIT: So I just looked up Maxsea and the directions say use 1 tablespoon per gallon, Maxigro is 1-2 teaspoons. So Maxsea is actually alot stronger than Maxigro which is probably the issue.

Last edited:
Rooke

Rooke

Might also be something that you did or environmental airflow etc

Lacey

Lacey

They might be locked out. Can you catch some runoff check ph and ec. It could be something else hopefully someone will chime in @ Aquaman @ Chemistry
I can try to catch some runoff. but the grow pots are on sand its not the easiest thing to get.

Lacey

Lacey

Might also be something that you did or environmental airflow etc
none of that has changed, other than the horrible heatwave we are dealing with. But I also spray the greenhouse down to keep it cool.

Rooke

Rooke

I don’t see any perlite in your soil on that one gal are you using for drainage and the oxygen in your soil?

Lacey

Lacey

You shouldn't listen to what the hydro store guys say. You should know what the EC of your nutrient solution is with Maxisea so you could of matched it with MaxiGro. That is the best way to grow, by knowing what you are giving your plants.

Full strength MaxiGro is like 2000 ppm or somewhere close to that, which is gonna be very high for most plants.

EDIT: So I just looked up Maxsea and the directions say use 1 tablespoon per gallon, Maxigro is 1-2 teaspoons. So Maxsea is actually alot stronger than Maxigro which is probably the issue.
I am trying not to panic. This is my first time growing and I keep listening to the wrong people! I am currently cussing myself out at the moment. How do i fix this?
I do not have a meter than reads PPM/EC. I will go and buy one today if I need to.

Lacey

Lacey

I don’t see any perlite in your soil on that one gal are you using for drainage and the oxygen in your soil?
They are in grow pots. there is perlite shortage in my area. Go figure.
Some have perlite and the ones that don't get watered with oxygenated water.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I am trying not to panic. This is my first time growing and I keep listening to the wrong people! I am currently cussing myself out at the moment. How do i fix this?
I do not have a meter than reads PPM/EC. I will go and buy one today if I need to.

Get the equipment you need first and check the nutrient strength of both maxsea and maxigrow at the rates per gallon that you were using. That way you know what you were giving them, then report the info back so we can try to help. It's very difficult to give advice without knowing the numbers and I don't want to say its this or that because it can cause more issues.

Lacey

Lacey

Get the equipment you need first and check the nutrient strength of both maxsea and maxigrow at the rates per gallon that you were using. That way you know what you were giving them, then report the info back so we can try to help. It's very difficult to give advice without knowing the numbers and I don't want to say its this or that because it can cause more issues.
I am getting ready to head to town to get the pen thing. I will report back with the numbers. thank you so very much.

Lacey

Lacey

I got a HM Digital Com 300 it does ph, ec, tds and temp. I am doing all the "pre use" stuff now. I will let you know what the numbers are a little later....If I do this right. lol

Top Bottom