Oh... What did I do???

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lacey

Lacey

If it comes down to it, then flush and then replant in coco so you can continue using the food you have.
Or, replant in clean soil and get rid of the other food.
Replanting is not a option. These plants are about 9+ft tall.
the GG is about 5ft tall.

Ponky

Ponky

I think the reason why the soil temp is what it is do to the current heatwave in my area.
I'm more concerned with the water temps before they're used. As water warms up it releases oxygen and you need a certain saturation of it. So the water needs to be well aerated for watering to keep root rot and stuff away. The soil will be hit yes. But the feed water should be nice and oxygen rich and cool. Right around 70 if possible.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

And your roots need to be kept cooler so that they don't get heat lock which can lead to rot.

I think your best bet right now is to put tons of water thru them and then throw in 2 double handfulls of red wigglers.
Then wrap or cover the pot/root area with heavy cloth to block the sun from the soil.

You don't have a lot of options on a 9ft plant.

Lacey

Lacey

I went ahead and watered heavily, I am thinking it could be lack of water in this heatwave and the sudden change in fert. We normally don't water till there is run off, but if thats what we have to do, then we will. This is my first time growing, so I am still learning as much as I can. I am going to hold off on fert to see if the plants improve at all.
I did several readings on several of the ladies.
PPM is average 1500
PH is 6.3 on average. I didn't see any over 7.
Temp were 78-80f.

Should I water till there is run off?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I went ahead and watered heavily, I am thinking it could be lack of water in this heatwave and the sudden change in fert. We normally don't water till there is run off, but if thats what we have to do, then we will. This is my first time growing, so I am still learning as much as I can. I am going to hold off on fert to see if the plants improve at all.
I did several readings on several of the ladies.
PPM is average 1500
PH is 6.3 on average. I didn't see any over 7.
Temp were 78-80f.

Should I water till there is run off?
You are in soil so, normally I would say no. But you need to check for air pockets first. Get a really long spike nail and probe to the bottom of the soil looking for open pockets. You will feel them when you hit one. They will cave in after you pull the spike out and water. Then toss in a couple dozen red wiggler worms and quit worrying about runoff. You will likely have to add a bit of soil as well. Top dress it in.

T4PR00T

T4PR00T

We ran out of Maxisea and had a hard time finding it. So we got GH Maxigrow. We did 1 one feeding and 2 of out plants are struggling.
It kinda seems like most of our plants are having a issue all of a sudden but these two are the worse. Any ideas as to what it could be and how to correct?
I've been in this type of situation. Now I have a rule: whenever I attempt to add a new product and don't know the concentration of elements already in my grow medium, I add only 1/4 of the recommended dosage. I wait a full day, look for reactions. Then act again during the next watering period based on what I see. It's very easy to accidentally overdue your additives. Luckily, a good flush has always helped me overcome this common accident. I'm sure these nice plants will recover in time.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Good morning Lacey. I’ll bet you didn’t plan on growing a greenhouse full of anxiety when you started on this project. It comes with the territory.Assuming you whip them back into shape feed Wise, and maybe you’ve already observed this. It looks like your greenhouse lighting is contributing to an unacceptable amount of stretch. Maybe those nine footers would be a lot healthier at 6 feet. But that’s water under the bridge. Know if you live in the state of Jefferson like I do you have another month and a half to two months of veg still. Stretched plants won’t be able to support the bud load when that time comes so they are going to need help. That’s right, you. And unless you plan on setting up scaffolding to tend to the canopy you better develop a plan to bring them down to your or a more manageable level. That’s going to require a lot of room and a lot of work. But you can train them over and bring them down always a little at a time. Just something to think about because it’s gonna take a while.And for what it’s worth which isn’t much like the rest of this post, I would consider taking a few plants outside into the direct sun and quit pouring shit onto them and see what happens. Happy trails!

Lacey

Lacey

Good morning Lacey. I’ll bet you didn’t plan on growing a greenhouse full of anxiety when you started on this project. It comes with the territory.Assuming you whip them back into shape feed Wise, and maybe you’ve already observed this. It looks like your greenhouse lighting is contributing to an unacceptable amount of stretch. Maybe those nine footers would be a lot healthier at 6 feet. But that’s water under the bridge. Know if you live in the state of Jefferson like I do you have another month and a half to two months of veg still. Stretched plants won’t be able to support the bud load when that time comes so they are going to need help. That’s right, you. And unless you plan on setting up scaffolding to tend to the canopy you better develop a plan to bring them down to your or a more manageable level. That’s going to require a lot of room and a lot of work. But you can train them over and bring them down always a little at a time. Just something to think about because it’s gonna take a while.And for what it’s worth which isn’t much like the rest of this post, I would consider taking a few plants outside into the direct sun and quit pouring shit onto them and see what happens. Happy trails!
Good morning to you. So many people make it sound so easy. IT IS NOT! but since I am brand new (first timer) it is a major learning curve for me. But, I am not alone. My husband has grown in the past, it just has been several years and he is at work most of the time.... leaving me to figure this out on my own.
The greenhouse was for my veggies. Yeah, that didn't last long. Its a huge greenhouse 18X30X12(at the center). Our plan was to do a light dep for the more mature plants and do a indoor grow as well. I'm still waiting for the indoor room to be finished. So the smaller plants in the smaller pots will be moved into the indoor. Time is running out as the smaller ones are growing nice and fast.
I had 2 family deaths in less than a week and that set me back more. Hence the sudden change in fert. and I am thinking with the change of fert, 2 major heatwaves, lack of water (I was dealing with the 2 deaths) it messed up a few of the big plants. But once the indoor is done and the big girls are healthy again, they will be light dep.
There is lighting in the greenhouse and it was used in the beginning till it wasn't needed. We got the plants as clones and they were already stretched. We were given more clones to see what we can do with them because they were really stretched. The original cloner have been using the same fert product for years. He took clone from a clone from a clone etc all on the same fert. All of his clones were like sticks in the mud. I wanted to play with them(They were free, so why not) so, I changed the fert., changed the soil, and put them in grow bags. They are now bushy, not like some of my others, but a huge improvement as before. I am trying to keep the strain going because it is not a easy one to find.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on, sister! I spend the second half of the season recovering from Screwing up the first half. Sounds like you’ve got the gumption to pull it off! Be careful up on that ladder ! And good luck to you! Keep us posted.

Rooke

Rooke

Heya Lacy, you’re absolutely right growing isn’t easy but you learn from your mistakes. We’ve all been there some you win and some you lose but you become a smarter grower in the end. Don’t beat yourself up because of it. Make an adjustment for them and wait and see how they react ex. Less nutes and proper ph going into them then wait it out watching your new growth then either less nutes or perhaps a slight increase. These plants are tuff given some tlc they will rebound for you Peace and good vibes coming your way!

Lacey

Lacey

Right on, sister! I spend the second half of the season recovering from Screwing up the first half. Sounds like you’ve got the gumption to pull it off! Be careful up on that ladder ! And good luck to you! Keep us posted.
I don't do ladders, since that HUGE plant is my husband's "other" girl, he will be dealing with her when it comes to anything that requires me getting off the ground. lol

Lacey

Lacey

Heya Lacy, you’re absolutely right growing isn’t easy but you learn from your mistakes. We’ve all been there some you win and some you lose but you become a smarter grower in the end. Don’t beat yourself up because of it. Make an adjustment for them and wait and see how they react ex. Less nutes and proper ph going into them then wait it out watching your new growth then either less nutes or perhaps a slight increase. These plants are tuff given some tlc they will rebound for you Peace and good vibes coming your way!
I am just needing to find my happy place with the ladies. I had a issue like this before, and I brought them out of it. I will do it again! We did a heavy watering last night and I will be spraying the greenhouse down throughout the day to keep it cooler. 4 vents 2 huge fans, wet sand on the ground and shade cloth. I will WIN this battle.

Lacey

Lacey

This morning pics.
Not looking any better. New growth is not looking good either. First 2 pics are Blueberry Muffin
Last pic is GG.
07 14 21
07 14 21 bbm r side
Blueberry muffin.
07 14 21 GG
This is GG

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Can you go over the environmental conditions, not sure if you did that already.

Lacey

Lacey

Can you go over the environmental conditions, not sure if you did that already.
Greenhouse with 4 ground level vents, 2 large fans at top to pull in cooler and fresh air. Sand flooring that I keep wet.
We have been dealing with very hot heatwaves the last couple of weeks. well over 100F.
I have been dealing with 2 family deaths last week, my back went out on top (I couldn't cool down the greenhouse because I couldn't walk). Ran out of my normal nuts and tried another. A week later, plants took a dive for the worse. I have no idea how hot the greenhouse got during me being down.
I did a flush 2 days ago (I think I didnt flush them good enough).

Strains that is effected the worse are
Blueberry Muffin
GSC
GG

Rooke

Rooke

Heya Lacey I’m just wondering if you can do your watering/ feeds early in the morning instead of the evening? Plants do way better being fed then.

Lacey

Lacey

Heya Lacey I’m just wondering if you can do your watering/ feeds early in the morning instead of the evening? Plants do way better being fed then.
I can do that, I was doing it in the evening because that is when my husband gets home and he can help me.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Greenhouse with 4 ground level vents, 2 large fans at top to pull in cooler and fresh air. Sand flooring that I keep wet.
We have been dealing with very hot heatwaves the last couple of weeks. well over 100F.
I have been dealing with 2 family deaths last week, my back went out on top (I couldn't cool down the greenhouse because I couldn't walk). Ran out of my normal nuts and tried another. A week later, plants took a dive for the worse. I have no idea how hot the greenhouse got during me being down.
I did a flush 2 days ago (I think I didnt flush them good enough).

Strains that is effected the worse are
Blueberry Muffin
GSC
GG

What is the RH? It looks like the heat is a major factor, could be a combination of things, but greenhouses are designed to trap heat so if you could get them out of there it might help.

Lacey

Lacey

What is the RH? It looks like the heat is a major factor, could be a combination of things, but greenhouses are designed to trap heat so if you could get them out of there it might help.
RH is 38% before I wet down the sand and water.
Unfortnatly, most of the plants are in till the end. They are in 25Gal grow pots and no way to move them. They wont even fit through the door.

Top Bottom