Ohpekush's First Grow Journal.

• Thread starter OhpeKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OhpeKush

Gained some height today, nothing much else. I'm gone until Satuday so I'm giving her about 3/4 of a gallon of water and then hoping she's alive when I get home. Really excited to see some nice growth when I get some Saturday.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Gained some height today, nothing much else. I'm gone until Satuday so I'm giving her about 3/4 of a gallon of water and then hoping she's alive when I get home. Really excited to see some nice growth when I get some Saturday.

Listen, you don't need to be giving the sprout so much water. it will take forever to soak it up and will cause more problems then good. I would do a fifth of a gal at most where your at, and just keep it a little moist until it gets some real roots that can intake a root drench. You have some time before nutes too, big 3 gal full of soil. Give it three or so nodes before regular watering.
Good luck and most of all, have fun ;)

O

OhpeKush

Listen, you don't need to be giving the sprout so much water. it will take forever to soak it up and will cause more problems then good. I would do a fifth of a gal at most where your at, and just keep it a little moist until it gets some real roots that can intake a root drench. You have some time before nutes too, big 3 gal full of soil. Give it three or so nodes before regular watering.
Good luck and most of all, have fun ;)

gotcha, ill see what it looks like when i get home tommorow

e/ Also the reason for the water was because i was going away for a few days. I didnt want it to die and have nothing i could do about it.

Last edited:
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

gotcha, ill see what it looks like when i get home tommorow

e/ Also the reason for the water was because i was going away for a few days. I didnt want it to die and have nothing i could do about it.

With the amount you gave it, it should be good for at least a few days probably more.
After the pot is totally dry (I would let it wilt ever so slightly to make sure she's fully dry) would just keep the top soil a little moist but not too moist. You should be fine, I only over compensate drying fully because one the biggest problems for first timers (including my first grow a few years back) was over watering.
Good luck, you'll do great

O

OhpeKush

Just another small update here, plant seems to be growing just fine and now that the third set of leaves are forming veg growth should start to take off. Gonna start nutes in about a week .

20161130 105130
20161130 105125
O

OhpeKush

Getting some wilt in one of the main leaves, should I water it or just keep an eye on it.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Getting some wilt in one of the main leaves, should I water it or just keep an eye on it.
Overwatering is still what it's sounding like to me imo.
For sproutling like that, shouldn't be getting so much mate.

O

OhpeKush

Overwatering is still what it's sounding like to me imo.
For sproutling like that, shouldn't be getting so much mate.

Nope just looked alot closer I see tons of these little white bugs jumping all over the place, what the hell could these be?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Well I'm just going to say-
Overwatering + pests
Overwatering a lot of times invite them in and give them a cozy dank place to breed.
Can you post a close up of the pests?

O

OhpeKush

Got a better pic. Can kind of see them need to close close though
They're white and jump really quick.
You can see the feelers on the head of them thats how you notice it in pic.

20161130 160850
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Sound and look like springtails, I'm going to let the soil dry out a bit.
Yeah not sure, white and jumpy doesn't ring a bell as far as a serious issue. I could be seriously wrong. Best thing to do is pick up some neem oil and give it a foliar spray. I use early in veg to use as a preventative measure. Definitely glad your drying it out. Over watering is an easy way to get root pathogens.

Top Bottom