Ohpekush's First Grow Journal.

• Thread starter OhpeKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OhpeKush

Hey guys! First time grower here, been reading alot and learning for a few months before I feel ready to dive in.
I will be posting pictures frequently and help/advice or just hopping by to say whats up is fine by be!

I'm using a 150W sunsystem HPL as the grow light.
I'm growing Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
I got 1 plant going under a 150W sunsystem light. I have some Botanicare ready for when I need to nute.

Here are some starting pics, feel free to tell me what i'm doing wrong or if you have any tips!

Ohpekushs first grow journal
Ohpekushs first grow journal 2
Ohpekushs first grow journal 3
Ohpekushs first grow journal 4
O

OhpeKush

Auto flowering weed needs to be planted in the final pot. They finish in about 10 weeks and transplant stress will greatly stunt their growth.

It is one of the auto quirks.

Like running 18 to 6. Or 20 - 4 lighting constantly.

Ah fuck, I have a 3 gallon fabric pot, should I swap or is it too late now to disturb the seed?
Or should I just toss the seed and start a new one

O

OhpeKush

I would soil up the 3 gallon on and gently out it in from the cup. If you just popped the seed it shouldn't effect it.

3 gallon fabric pots work really good.

Yah I planted it last night but I just tossed it in the soil so I doubt it's rooted or anything yet. I'm gonna make the swap tonight.
Only reason I started in this was because I read I should use different soil for flowering.
I'm using happyfrog potting soil at the moment.

Another noob question, when I plant just the seed do I want to put a fair amount of water in the fresh soil or leave it for a little?

gwheels

gwheels

Put the soil in the 3 gallon pot and water the soil well. Let it seep out if the fabric pot (the water). Then plant your seeding there.

I like about 20 to 30 % perlite mixed with Good organic soil.

Then you should be rocking it.

An be careful with nutrients. Autos can be more sensitive to burn.

O

OhpeKush

Put the soil in the 3 gallon pot and water the soil well. Let it seep out if the fabric pot (the water). Then plant your seeding there.

I like about 20 to 30 % perlite mixed with Good organic soil.

Then you should be rocking it.

An be careful with nutrients. Autos can be more sensitive to burn.
Sounds good! I'll update some pics when I make the swap.
Yah I'm gonna go really easy on the nutes since this is my first grow and i'd rather have a smaller harvest than none at all.

O

OhpeKush

So I took the advice of some of you awesome folk and I made the switch.
I nearly had a panic attack because I couldnt find the seed in the solo cup, so I dumped and filtered it really carefully.
Found the seed and she already had her little taproot! Pretty awesome since I just planted it !

Here is the updated pot, I just dropped the seed in a small divot and covered her up. Sprinkled a little water over her and now we play the waiting game~!

e/ I will move the pot closer to the light once she breaks soil.
No the fan is not on and I don't plan on having it that close once I get to using it.

20161118 151615
20161118 151625
O

OhpeKush

Still no sprout, hoping I didn't hurt the seed with the transfer.
When I planted it in the solo cup there was no taproot yet, when I moved it yesterday it was just starting to show.
Could that have bothered it or should I was a couple more days before worrying.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Keep it moist, if it dries out completely after it cracks its done.

O

OhpeKush

Keep it moist, if it dries out completely after it cracks its done.
Yah I've got a bottle that I poked some small holes in the cap and I've been just sort of keeping the top moist if I feel like its needed. Not alot at all.

Your good, she will poke up next day or do.
STR8

Awesome, I got a little anxious and just wanted to check so I moved the soil around with a toothpick and I clipped a long white root, so somethings going on under there. If I damaged the seed with the toothpick I'm gonna chalk it up as a learning experience because I know that was incredibly dumb. Once I noticed it was a root or something I just covered it back up with the dirt. I dont think I damaged it at all .

Top Bottom