Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong.

• Thread starter deviantbull95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

deviantbull95

So i have a five plant auto grow going... and all i know for sure is i have problems and have for a little while. All my buds are super small and popcorny .... its almost week 11 . I am doing it all organic with dry ammendments ...my lighting sched has been 24 hrs on pretty much the entire grow. I have trimmed Lst and topped the plants. I may have overdone the stressing with trimming and im guessing that has contributed to my small nugs and stunted overall growth but my plants have gone through the craxy random freezes we had this year as well so idk if its a temp thing a nutrients thing or lighting...the main thing i cant figure out is what the leaves are telling me im too new to this to know all the different symptoms and signs
Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong 7
. i thought it was rust mold at first but it kept getting worse and didnt act like mold plus i treated for mold dilligently and it never showed any signs of improvement.... long story short i have given up all hopes of this grow being worth anything to me. Im no longer worried about harvest or investing in the plants any further but i do want to identify what my problem actually is so i can avoid it in the future and or fix it before it gets this bad again in the future. Below are the most recent pics of the girls (today)
Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong
Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong 2
Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong 3
Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong 4
Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong 5
Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong 6

TSD

TSD

Pics aren't showing... but why are you topping autos? I'd say that's one reason for popcorn buds... Need more info on the grow. I personally think 24 hours of light is never a good idea, especially under stress. They need downtime to repair. Try to upload your pics a different way and give some more info, environment, temps, humidity?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Pics aren't showing... but why are you topping autos? I'd say that's one reason for popcorn buds... Need more info on the grow. I personally think 24 hours of light is never a good idea, especially under stress. They need downtime to repair. Try to upload your pics a different way and give some more info, environment, temps, humidity?
no benefit to 24 hours bro wasting $
did you top after preflowers?

chemistry

chemistry

So i have a five plant auto grow going... and all i know for sure is i have problems and have for a little while. All my buds are super small and popcorny .... its almost week 11 . I am doing it all organic with dry ammendments ...my lighting sched has been 24 hrs on pretty much the entire grow. I have trimmed Lst and topped the plants. I may have overdone the stressing with trimming and im guessing that has contributed to my small nugs and stunted overall growth but my plants have gone through the craxy random freezes we had this year as well so idk if its a temp thing a nutrients thing or lighting...the main thing i cant figure out is what the leaves are telling me im too new to this to know all the different symptoms and signs View attachment 1321880. i thought it was rust mold at first but it kept getting worse and didnt act like mold plus i treated for mold dilligently and it never showed any signs of improvement.... long story short i have given up all hopes of this grow being worth anything to me. Im no longer worried about harvest or investing in the plants any further but i do want to identify what my problem actually is so i can avoid it in the future and or fix it before it gets this bad again in the future. Below are the most recent pics of the girls (today) View attachment 1321874View attachment 1321875View attachment 1321876View attachment 1321877View attachment 1321878View attachment 1321879

Start a grow diary stating the way you grow, nuits, medium, light sorce, not all is lost. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

This fellow is trying, trying his best. Information is King & you can't replace experience come to mind in this trying grow. If I didn't have 4 years Agriculture & 1 yr. Horticulture I'd probably grow a run or two like this trying to learn. Keep learning and "Practice" meaning keep growing for experience.SS

D

deviantbull95

Hopefully the pics are showing now. The tent is a 6x4 my lights are mars hydro 1000 watts x2 i have a six inch inline exhaustfan. a large box fan at the top of the tent circulating above the lights. I have three small fans in the corners around the top pointing down at the plants. I have a medium oscillating fan under the canopy moving air. My dry ammendments have consisted of.. kelp meal ...seabird guano rabbit fertelizer.. some chicken fertilizer... worm casting ..mico.
When i treated for rust i used a pottasium soap with neem oil and did a foliar spray..... did that 4 times with a few days in between each time. My lights have probably been kept too high from the plants at most times cause ill be honest when they hit flower i put the lights at 100% and lifted em up as high as they go.. and kept the plants fairly heavily trimmed to make sure light was penetrating.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those leaves kind of look like they're being light burned, but I'm not sure at all. They also look remarkably shiny. Isn't there some sort of mite that makes leaves shiny?

D

deviantbull95

I have been growing in an outdoor building. I live in florida so i have been relying on natural humidity levels and the building has no climate control so temps have been up and down im sure everything is in a 4x6 tent in an insulated non climate controlled building (man cave) (she shed) (grandmas cabin) whatever you want to call it.

D

deviantbull95

Those leaves kind of look like they're being light burned, but I'm not sure at all. They also look remarkably shiny. Isn't there some sort of mite that makes leaves shiny?
I think the shiny comes from when i treated with potasium soap and neem oil. Thats when i noticed them getting shiny .... deff not light burn i wouldnt think... there is alot of space between the lights and plants. And hasnt changed in awhile this problem developed fairly long after my lights were put in position

TSD

TSD

You can also get light burn from using neem during lights on or even in the days following of you used a ton. You should always lower the light intensity when the ladies are feeling sick and after spraying... which since you are on 24 hours I assume you didn't spray in the dark. You shouldn't really use neem in flower either, hopefully you avoided the buds.
Getting your environment dialed in is pretty important if you want the most from your plants, and running 24 hours of light with no environmental control is a suicide mission if I'm being honest. I don't think all is lost if you get things under control, maybe. May the force be with you.

D

deviantbull95

You can also get light burn from using neem during lights on or even in the days following of you used a ton. You should always lower the light intensity when the ladies are feeling sick and after spraying... which since you are on 24 hours I assume you didn't spray in the dark. You shouldn't really use neem in flower either, hopefully you avoided the buds.
Getting your environment dialed in is pretty important if you want the most from your plants, and running 24 hours of light with no environmental control is a suicide mission if I'm being honest. I don't think all is lost if you get things under control, maybe. May the force be with you.
I did spray in the dark i only returned the plants to the tent once dry. I didnt avoid the buds cause i was told it didnt matter.... i am going to be doing some work to my building and putting in a mini split so i can control the environment in the building and will be switching to an ac infinity automation setup to help me keep tabs on the environment. Im pretty sure its not a light thing. I only say that because i was careful to keep an eye on not getting water on leaves under light or any foliar spray. And the problem developed long after the lights had been in final position and power. I really thought it was rust mold at first cause thats how it presented all except for i couldnt get any spores to rub off at all when checking. I was careful to disinfect my tools when removing leaves for treatment disposed of the refuse in a fire to make sure it couldnt spread and treated dilligentley and it just never responded to anything i did. But when i kinda gave up treating it not knowing what it was thats when it got worse to the pics posted.they are almost at 11 weeks total growth time so i just dont know if i have the time to save them in any meaningful way.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I already dont plan on smoking anything from these plants as it sits anyways
happens brother
last year i veg in 5 gallon containers and decide to rather plant in the earth to increase yield right, so after tansplant i feed fish mix and they decided that night to look for fish under the roots of my plants and dug them all up fucn sad

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

@deviantbull95, Have you used a cal-mag amendment? If the problem is not due to light stress, the discoloration of the leaves could be a nutrient deficiency. It's often recommended to add cal-mag when the plants are in the early flowering stage. This is especially true for LED lights.

D

deviantbull95

@deviantbull95, Have you used a cal-mag amendment? If the problem is not due to light stress, the discoloration of the leaves could be a nutrient deficiency. It's often recommended to add cal-mag when the plants are in the early flowering stage. This is especially true for LED lights.
I re-ammended the soil with my previously mentioned amendments no cal mag specifically ... and thats one of the things i was considering was a calcium deficiency. I honestly just dropped the ball this time plain and simple i didnt keep track of paramaters. i didnt test water. cause im on a well with a pretty substantial filtration system and just didnt even think twice about it. And i overstressed the plants with too muvh foliage micromanaging. I just dropped the ball.

TSD

TSD

I re-ammended the soil with my previously mentioned amendments no cal mag specifically ... and thats one of the things i was considering was a calcium deficiency. I honestly just dropped the ball this time plain and simple i didnt keep track of paramaters. i didnt test water. cause im on a well with a pretty substantial filtration system and just didnt even think twice about it. And i overstressed the plants with too muvh foliage micromanaging. I just dropped the ball.
Mary Jane can be a cruel teacher lol, nothing wrong with mistakes as long as you learn from them.☺️

D

deviantbull95

Mary Jane can be a cruel teacher lol, nothing wrong with mistakes as long as you learn from them.☺️
This is true
I Tried my damndest to fix the problem at first but without poper identification i think i was simply treating the wrong issue wich probably didnt help overall

Trixie

Trixie

Your plant's leaves are showing a calcium issue. Using any kind of groundwater can cause problems with calcium because of the groundwater's pH. Calcium is mostly available at 6.2 pH and you have to have a gentle breeze blowing air over the plants to move calcium from the roots to the top of the plants. I have an oscillating fan gently blowing air over the top of the plants. For the best results use RO water fortified with a little cal-mag and a good breeze.

Top Bottom