Ok so im on my 4th ish grow and idk whats going wrong.

• Thread starter deviantbull95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

deviantbull95

Your plant's leaves are showing a calcium issue. Using any kind of groundwater can cause problems with calcium because of the groundwater's pH. Calcium is mostly available at 6.2 pH and you have to have a gentle breeze blowing air over the plants to move calcium from the roots to the top of the plants. I have an oscillating fan gently blowing air over the top of the plants. For the best results use RO water fortified with a little cal-mag and a good breeze.
Too much calcium or too little?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Too much calcium or too little?
a piece of advice,
#1-autos are not for new growers..
#2 autos can be soo finicky and they are on their own schedule weather you like it not..
#3- my opinion they are still crap to even bother with, maybe in the future it’ll be better, who knows and i don’t care..
you ain’t fixing nothing with those at this point..
your next grow you start here on the farm and the growers here will help you and guide you step by step to success

D

deviantbull95

a piece of advice,
#2 autos can be soo finicky and they are on their own schedule weather you like it not..
#3- my opinion they are still crap to even bother with, maybe in the future it’ll be better, who knows and i don’t care..
your next grow you start here on the farm and the growers here will help you and guide you step by step to success
I have already had three other very succesful grows this is the first time i have encountered major problems but i have also been trying to start a businuess that last year so i havent been as strong in my plant care for sure. I will be sure to post when i get the tent going again but i will be buying an ac infinity sytem before i set up again.im not scared of autos im a good grower in general but i know weed is not an in general plant i still have tonnnsss to learn for sure. Bit i will continie trying autos as well as photos i just need to have a little less of a heavy hand with the autos and get my environment zoned in properly. My other grows were also performed before i had major filtration put on our water system so the change in the water has really thrown me for a loop as to what i had gotten used to doing on this property. Now that i know what has gone wrong and a basic idea of how to fix it i think next grow will be much better.

D

deviantbull95

a piece of advice,
I do aporeciate all help and input being given it will be very nice to be a part of a community for my next go around. Thank you

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

pfffttttt......cal mag.....lol i thought we were all beyond this....
Calcium and magnesium are totally separate and should be treated as much. Using well water with great results, then filter your water and get bad results? How are you filtering the water? Have you had it tested? Sounds like you know the problem mate, also to be very clear unless your using RO or growing in coco you do not need any additional calcium, simply some Mg to facilitate uptake.

D

deviantbull95

pfffttttt......cal mag.....lol i thought we were all beyond this....
Calcium and magnesium are totally separate and should be treated as much. Using well water with great results, then filter your water and get bad results? How are you filtering the water? Have you had it tested? Sounds like you know the problem mate, also to be very clear unless your using RO or growing in coco you do not need any additional calcium, simply some Mg to facilitate uptake.
Im growing in coco and my water is basically ro at this point the way its filtered. There is nothing left in it so far as trace minerals and such. It goes through two very large filters one softens the water (without the use of salts)one cleans the water up.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

has your coco been buffered? ohhhh shifttttt, you got a filter then a softener? thats the problem mate. so coco is a whole different ball game, and filtered water with additional cal mag is totally needed as well as daily waterings. you read this thread? do you have a PH and PPM pen? this will be totally needed to run coco properly

D

deviantbull95

has your coco been buffered? ohhhh shifttttt, you got a filter then a softener? thats the problem mate. so coco is a whole different ball game, and filtered water with additional cal mag is totally needed as well as daily waterings. you read this thread? do you have a PH and PPM pen? this will be totally needed to run coco properly
Yeah i had the right tools all along just didnt recognize the problem and didnt even think twice about it when having installed the water filtration system. The autopilot part of my brain was like yeah pure water all the much better. Just didnt think about all the things my old water provided to the plants

FrankL

FrankL

Im growing in coco and my water is basically ro at this point the way its filtered. There is nothing left in it so far as trace minerals and such. It goes through two very large filters one softens the water (without the use of salts)one cleans the water up.
Water softeners which do not use "sodium chloride" (salt) use citric acid instead. Unless the incoming water and concentration of citric acid in the membrane are matched really well, you either won't get really soft water or you'll get an excess of citric acid. Hard water is a pain (my well water is well over 250ppm). RO is hard to produce in large volume, but is really the only way to address hardness without adding some salt or other compound. I'm always amazed by the guy who washes his car with water from his RO system and can't understand why he winds up with the same problems he had with his original water. Forget your blood pressure if you use it for drinking water...

Top Bottom