Ok to tie down plant a bit?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

I have my first outdoor plant growing good. Its about 4 ft tall at this point and its starting to rise above the other weeds in the area. Can i Tie it down or bend it over at this point? Im getting 14 hrs 7 min of daylight at this point and decreases by approx 2 min a day. Will this afftect the plant when it starts budding if i tie it down? Also.. Im in the midwest in illinois. Can any experienced growers tell me when these might be ready to pick? Figured you guys with experience with outdoor plants harvest them the same time every year..

Haggardass

Haggardass

you can gently slowly bend it down maybe just bend it a few inches a day so the plant doesnt notice to much and then hopefully your yield wont suffer are you in flower yet? I know your asking about when it starts budding but are you in the preflower stage yet? ive trained in flowering with my indoor plants and didnt suffer to much from it. what strain are you growing. i started flowering about two weeks ago. harvest can go anywhere from begginning sept to late november i believe. just depends on the strain

mikeb437

mikeb437

I think its a pineapple kush. Feminized seeds. I got a couple freebie seeds when i bought my white widow last year and this is the only one still alive from what i got. Ill just try to slowly bend it over. I didnt notice it starting the flowering process but ill be watching it closely over the next few weeks. This is outside so i have no control over sunlight,,,

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Like Hagardass said gently bend her when you tie her! I was a little too rough on one of mine and split her right down the middle. I just pressed it back together where it was split and not much harm was done. Good Luck to ya.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Like Hagardass said gently bend her when you tie her! I was a little too rough on one of mine and split her right down the middle. I just pressed it back together where it was split and not much harm was done. Good Luck to ya.

Same happened to me split the drunk right down the center just tied it up and all was well then a rat or something chewed it a few weeks later and I went out to find two plants down on there sides

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Thats enough to make a grown man cry!! I had trouble with skunks or something digging holes next to my plants. They killed four plants before I bought some chili powder and black pepper, I mixed them together and sprinkled it around my plants and never had any more trouble.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Good idea I have tons of jalapenos I harvested can never eat em all might just run them in a blender with a little water and pour it around. Gonna go check them in a day or two ill throw pics up on my thread in my Sig

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

That's a good idea Haggardass. Them little rodents won't like the smell or taste of jalapenos. Hope it works for ya and looking forward to seeing the pics.

Top Bottom