O'kief Crop master tumbler

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Got my tumbler - loving it....but want to try to increase the quality. I'm not getting full melt - partial, or mini melt at best, but mostly burn. Buzz is wicked, stellar even, but I still want full melt purity.

I've got the 110 lpi stainless steel (approx 160u) drum, but wondering if I should lay out the extra for the 120 lpi drum (approx 120u I think). What drums do you have?

p.s. I'm smoking some sift right now and already I think the buzz is better than oil, but I need to smoke a lot more with different (and familiar) smokes to know for sure.

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Cleaning Your Dry Sift

Hey FastForward,

I would suggest keeping the 110 lpi and getting your self a Bubble Box or a dry sifting screen set. With this you can take the resin powder from the Tumbler and clean it up on the stack of screens with a card to the quality you want.

Aqua Lab Tech

IMG 0037
Billygoat

Billygoat

Got my tumbler - loving it....but want to try to increase the quality. I'm not getting full melt - partial, or mini melt at best, but mostly burn. Buzz is wicked, stellar even, but I still want full melt purity.

I've got the 110 lpi stainless steel (approx 160u) drum, but wondering if I should lay out the extra for the 120 lpi drum (approx 120u I think). What drums do you have?

p.s. I'm smoking some sift right now and already I think the buzz is better than oil, but I need to smoke a lot more with different (and familiar) smokes to know for sure.

I'd like to say i've got the Heavy Duty 150gm in the stainless steel 110lps screen. I really have yet to run it. Loaded it to a buddy and he's been using the hell out of it. Guess, I've got to buy another one. lolol. I think I might be going back to bubble bags any ways.

Didn't like the way the unit was built and had some issues with drum bolts breaking and motor being under rated. Run it for all most two days straight and was melting the plastic on the container. Not made for what we do with it.

Any ways, if I ever get my unit back. I'll finally get some pictures. Good luck with your unit. I think they could have been made better.
Take care,
BG

K

Karma Genetics

Mila's one's are good, they can go on for long times, and can even fall on the ground.

F

FastForward

If the value of the euro wasn't in the toilet right now I'd have ordered Mila's, but they're insanely expensive for UK people atm with the exchange rate so bad (with shipping around 400 quid, compared to about 250 for the OKief).

I completely agree about the design flaws. From watching YouTube videos it seems as if Mila's has support at BOTH ENDS, whereas the OKief is only one. I had troubles with the design of my tincture tumbler for the same reason, so I was surprised to find OKief with the same design. Mila's has magnetic easy open drums, OKief has annoying wing nuts. Also, mine doesn't keep the drum perfectly level, so the balls end up at one end.....something I imagine doesn't happen with Mila's.

Design bits aside it does what it says on the tin! Just don't run it for more than 45 minutes without a 30 min cooldown (hence your plastic melting). The motor runs hot and needs a cooldown....which is fine for little ole me.....but medicinal and commercial growers will find it too inconvenient having to cool it down all the time.

If the euro ever comes back down to a 'normal' level I definitely want one of Mila's, but for the meantime this is a fantastic 'my first tumbler' !!! Now I have to get some screens ;)

B

bluejay

Do you guys that are having overheating problems(motor,plastic friction)..Are you running it directly in the freezer...

My DYI made one goes straight for 24 hour cycles in the freezer and I used 80 micron dick blick screen and have almost no plant material contam.....

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Green Harvest

Mila's one's are good, they can go on for long times, and can even fall on the ground.

The Pollinator made in Canada by Green Harvest is licensed by Mila to make and sell the Pollinator has made alot of improvments to the Mila Pollinator.

I would suggest getting a Canadian made Pollinator over a Dutch made one.

Aqua Lab Tech

P 150
tiedye611

tiedye611

The Pollinator made in Canada by Green Harvest is licensed by Mila to make and sell the Pollinator has made alot of improvments to the Mila Pollinator.

I would suggest getting a Canadian made Pollinator over a Dutch made one.

Aqua Lab Tech

thanks for the good info

Billygoat

Billygoat

Thanks AquaLabtech, I'll give them a check. Damn Buddy, is killing my unit and I haven't even got to use it. lolol Guess that's what friends are for. :)

For the post above. No, they are not running it in a freezer. I think I'm going to pick up one of those washing machine kits and give them a try for a bit. Then I'll look into another kief machine from Canada.

Thanks for the info everyone.
Take care,
BG

C

chuco

You can use bubble bags or isolater bags as dry sifters by placing the material in the bucket and placing bag over the bucket and shake over glass, scrape up the gold and enjoy.

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Agricultural Pollen Extractor

We will be selling this machine very soon:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1pVUIezuKc[/YOUTUBE]

Aqua Lab Tech

F

FastForward

That is badass ALT....I think I've said this before, but it's so nice to see someone updating a really old design finally. Any indication on pricing yet, or drum micron sizes?

I'd love one but I fear shipping to the UK will cost a fortune :(

Billygoat

Billygoat

Sorry everyone,

Been working very long days and very late. From the reports from my buddy using the unit. I got this from him. It's a piece of junk. This is for those looking to run the unit 24/7. If your looking for a small personal use. Then I guess the unit is fine. If I was to drop the money all over again. I would buy a unit from Mila the Pollinator or try one of the units linked above.

Thanks for posting the link to that new unit. One thing I like from the start. There is a draw to access the pollen. I hate going into the container. This is a much needed improvement over old designs, maybe I'll try one of these new units. Since I lost my old unit to my buddies and it's harvest time almost.
Take care,
BG

Edit: Killer unit AquaLab. I might just have to buy one of these units. One things everyone should know. You want the drum supported on both ends. This is a must. How much is this unit going to run AquaLab?
Thanks

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
That's what I'm talking about!! I have been waiting and waiting for an updated unit of pollen extraction and it has come. $500 bones is not bad either for a quality machine.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks everyone,

I'm tired of all the ice and work with bubblebags. Shit, I've got a brand new 5 gal set i've never used.

Hey Billy ya still got them bags:)

:passingjoint:

GTD

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey Billy ya still got them bags:)

:passingjoint:

GTD

Morning Danny,

Nah, gave them to TK. I wasn't using them and didn't plan on it at the time, so I gifted them to TK. Sorry, he wanted a set so, off they went.

I hope all is well. Haven't talked to you in a little bit. I hope the family is doing well.
Take care,
BG

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Ape

They ship from So California.

Aqua Lab Tech

Top Bottom