Omerta

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Omerta

Omerta

Tell you what... you dont learn quite as fast as when you have a bug chewing on your plants.

Reactions: Ina
Omerta

Omerta

I hope I never have to learn that fast LOL

Lol, ya it's not really that fun but it sure keeps me on my toes.

For example; l learned real quick why you are supposed to put the dish soap in the solution. It makes it able to be rinsed more easily. as it is the oil makes the leaves very shiny and water repellent. I hope it doesnt mess with the photosynthesis of the leaves. You guessed it I forgot to put the dish soap in the solution.
I really hope that this takes care of my thrip problem, and not kill my plants.

Ina

Ina

These red wires that you use it is better if you wash them carefully first(I guess you did) because once I didn't I think I got spider mites from them,not sure but they have that coverage where small pests like spider mites can live and after all the way from China...:)Everything looks fine!.I like the stones on the top of the pot!:)Is the cinnamon and/or soda working?I am really interested in these experiments!Baking soda and honey I used against some powdery mildew in my garden,they were working fine for that.Never tried soda for pest control... I usually use hot chilly pepper or tobacco spray(also small pests don't like garlic and onions,some essential oils can be used,some things they hate but doesn't harm the plants).Looks like you succeed to manage the thrips?I hope so!I'm more familiar with the mites and i hate them!:)Do yo clean everything else along with spraying the plants?When the clones are rooted and start to grow may be you should treat them at least once if the mothers got it.Just in case.

Omerta

Omerta

These red wires that you use it is better if you wash them carefully first(I guess you did) because once I didn't I think I got spider mites from them,not sure but they have that coverage where small pests like spider mites can live and after all the way from China...:)Everything looks fine!.I like the stones on the top of the pot!:)Is the cinnamon and/or soda working?I am really interested in these experiments!Baking soda and honey I used against some powdery mildew in my garden,they were working fine for that.Never tried soda for pest control... I usually use hot chilly pepper or tobacco spray(also small pests don't like garlic and onions,some essential oils can be used,some things they hate but doesn't harm the plants).Looks like you succeed to manage the thrips?I hope so!I'm more familiar with the mites and i hate them!:)Do yo clean everything else along with spraying the plants?When the clones are rooted and start to grow may be you should treat them at least once if the mothers got it.Just in case.

Good morning. I am cleaning everything as well as spraying the plants. Except I didn't even think of disinfecting the pipe cleaners! I hope I dont mites!

I'm gonna get a cup of coffee, and then I'm headed down to take a gander.

Omerta

Omerta

Ok... so I'm down here, kids are at school and I have coffee. I have seen no new damage or new bugs. The oil is being absorbed or drying out... I'm not sure which. Some of the leaf tips are turning super dark... could this be due to too much folier spray or baking soda burn? I mean I can cut it out and ignore it but I think I would rather understand and avoid it next time if possible.

Like always, any advice or wisdom you have for what's happening I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully,
Omerta.

20190123 093150
20190123 093214
20190123 094147
20190123 094232
20190123 094256
20190123 094306
20190122 225525
20190123 094329
20190123 093127
20190123 094352
20190123 093130
Omerta

Omerta

In the meantime I clean. Cant let the little buggers get a foothold again.

Omerta

Omerta

Ok... so I'm down here, kids are at school and I have coffee. I have seen no new damage or new bugs. The oil is being absorbed or drying out... I'm not sure which. Some of the leaf tips are turning super dark... could this be due to too much folier spray or baking soda burn? I mean I can cut it out and ignore it but I think I would rather understand and avoid it next time if possible.

Like always, any advice or wisdom you have for what's happening I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully,
Omerta.

From what I'm reading it looks like this might be boron deficiency... what do you all think?

Omerta

Omerta

So I fed some offbrand miracle grow at quarter strength of what the container said... and then I topped her and stuck the top in some wet fox farm with a solo cub on top. I hope this works. Right now I'm at 100% cloning failure. So I hope this way works for me.

This clone is 13 days old today. My youngest clones are 6 days old, no new growth showing for any of the clones. I'm so impatient. Lol. It's like playing chess with a master opponent who takes forever to move. Its hard to remember your strategy for such an extended amount of time. All I have to do is water and keep the soil moist but not sopping. If I had hair I would pull it. Watching clones root is worse than watching a pot boil with no control of the heat... anywho. Enough of that. I'm going to drink my coffee and sit with my mother plants they need love. And boron I think. I'm gonna go get some borax me thinks.

Sorry to those that read my ramblings... but thank you.

Respectfully
Omerta

Omerta

Omerta

This clone is 13 days old today. My youngest clones are 6 days old, no new growth showing for any of the clones. I'm so impatient. Lol. It's like playing chess with a master opponent who takes forever to move. Its hard to remember your strategy for such an extended amount of time. All I have to do is water and keep the soil moist but not sopping. If I had hair I would pull it. Watching clones root is worse than watching a pot boil with no control of the heat... anywho. Enough of that. I'm going to drink my coffee and sit with my mother plants they need love. And boron I think. I'm gonna go get some borax me thinks.

Sorry to those that read my ramblings... but thank you.

Respectfully
Omerta
"This" clone being the crunch berry #1 clone in the square pot.

Omerta

Omerta

I went to the Wally world and got some home remedy supplies. 11 bucks spent and now to learn. NPK and cal/mag. Also fels-naptha to add to my baking soda oil and water solution.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Thank you Meangrean420... so your name? Are you the hulks stoner cousin?
Sorry I just watched infinity wars. The hulk is on the brain. Lol.
Haha this name came off the top of my head. Funny story after I googled the name and found a Facebook profile for a dispensary or something in Colorado that had same name and had this profile pic. So I hijacked this funny profile pic from them :)

Omerta

Omerta

Haha this name came off the top of my head. Funny story after I googled the name and found a Facebook profile for a dispensary or something in Colorado that had same name and had this profile pic. So I hijacked this funny profile pic from them :)

That is hilarious. I kinda wanna head to Colorado and find this shop now.

Omerta

Omerta

Ok so this is bugging me. Everyday I come down to check on my clones and I'm always happy they still live but there is no growth. They are just chilling as is. Oi.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Haha

D4D7B371 2887 4545 80FF 082EABC3EDCC
Top Bottom