One full 8x8...

• Thread starter Average
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Average

Average

This is what happens when a commercial greenhouse operator has a spare room at home. As if I didn't have enough on my plate... thank jebus for a wonderful hard working and knowledgeable girl friend.

So with a little spare time in my life, I wanted to share experiences and some techniques learned over the past 20 years. During that time I have run little 20'x10' and 40'x10'houses, but in the past few years I have played in 300'x 20' to 120'x60' and up to 120'x120' and 120'x480' greenhouses. This results in huge harvests... enough to make one almost hate marijuana... almost.

Funny part is, I never get enough of the end product to smoke what I want, so I started my own at home. This is an attempt to document the important stuff.

Here is the breakdown.

Clone/veg room...
4x4 no-name tent
Hydrofarm T5 led
Walmart humidifier
50 cube Mondi trays/domes
Heat mats w/ thermostat

Flower room...
Gorilla lite 8x8
12 Thrive Agritech Boost LEDs
6" maxfan with canfilter
Active-Air 16" fan
Walmart humidifier
10" trays
A LOT of adjustable hangers...

Soil...
Grow store seedling mix in 2gal velcro pots.

Nutes...
General Organics Cal-mag
Age Old grow, bloom, marine

Strains...
Lemon Kush, OG Kush, and one we will call Secret Cookies. Not a common practice but I don't like waiting or wasted space, so they're double planted in the 2gal pots for maximum canopy usage.

I skipped the boring clone part... Woody stalks and typical practices. One month in the tray then plugged in forever home. Started with the 4x4/T5 and planned everything around the 100 clones. Just bought things as the plants needed them. The flower tent and lights were a decent investment but totally worth it. It raised my power bill $16! I have miscounted a few times but there should be 97 plants in the space. That happens when working with thousands all day. 7x7x2-1=97... Yeah 97 clones lived and 94 are now thriving. A few got out paced and covered up.

At 60 something days since they were cut. Fresh crop of clones cut tonight and now ready to flip. Might remove some for outdoor but still undecided.

Cheers

One full 8x8
One full 8x8 2
Average

Average

Kinda fucked the dog... Guessing I didn't mix my nutes long enough last night? It was a healthy feeding and got signs of too much nitrogen in 10-15 ladies. The first to be fed. Good thing we took the clones. Lol... it was going smooth.

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Plants and set up look nice. How long you veg them in 2 gallon pots? And if you’re busy did you ever consider hands off organic growing, just add water/bacteria?

Average

Average

They have a little over 40 days in the pots. This was their 3rd feeding. I would've flipped them in 72 hours if they all looked healthy. So used to nutrient injectors that I rushed the basics. That will happen after a few beers and an afternoon at the lake.

Please send me a link on hands off... All about less is more.

Kepp89

Kepp89

nice.

hey, question. do you have 2 plants in each pot? and is your only benefit that you water that many less pots? i have a bigger tent starting soon. i like this 2 plants per pot thing i think unless i'm seeing shit

Average

Average

nice.

hey, question. do you have 2 plants in each pot? and is your only benefit that you water that many less pots? i have a bigger tent starting soon. i like this 2 plants per pot thing i think unless i'm seeing shit

Yes... 2 girls... 1 cup... for different reasons. Filling the canopy in less time and I had the clones. The amount of water used is relative. Less water is used initially but they demand more later.

Now it's a traffic jam in there so hand watering is getting harder. I might set up a drip system to save my knees and back.

I have done 3 per pot and might go that route next time with slightly larger pots.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
nice.

I have tried to grow 2 plants in a 5 or 6 gallon bucket for 30 years, and EVERY time, the two plants were smaller than the single plants, regardless of how much stuff that was dumped on them to prevent any deficiencies. I seem to remember from a long time back, that roots tend to diminish other plant's roots, causing less growth. When two plants are in the same bucket, they are both smaller...maybe about 10-15%. This is from experience and not from a book, although I know that I heard about root intolerance many years ago. FWIW.

Average

Average

Totally agree with you but size of plant isn't the goal. Using all the clones and a full canopy in less time is. Indoor and greenhouses are completely different animals so for sure it's an experiment.

House pictured below had 3 plants per 5gal pot. Yield was similar but veg time was far less. I've only done this with end of season gardens when time is limited. Just a few times... with 4-5 thousand plants.

IMG 20180623 200153797 LL
roach

roach

Looking very good, it's nice to see that I'm not the only one prefering the forrest of green style :p

And I get the idea of more than one plant per container to reduce veg time, it might give a smaller yield per harvest, but over a year it means you can get 1 extra harvest.
My Wifi clone is done in 53 days it yields a little less than the other wifi's I grew out, but they took around 70 days to finish, I used the same reasoning as you and get 1 extra harvest a year.

Average

Average

A week in to flip and the evening heat is starting to push my temps up to 90.7° for a couple hours then settles to 87° by mid cycle until lights out. Pretty happy with this setup and the summer heat waves.

Netting and more undercarriage pruning in the next week. Cheers!

IMG 20190614 235118589 HDR
The Jewels

The Jewels

Gorilla lite 8x8,,,
12 Thrive Agritech Boost LEDs,,,
. It raised my power bill $16! ,,,

You are flowering 64 square feet with 360 watts.
,,,and that is only if your fans run on love.

Also, you are 14 plants over 96 inches ?
The finished plant is less than 7 inches wide?
I guess with under 6 watts per square foot, that should be adequate.

Average

Average

You are flowering 64 square feet with 360 watts.
,,,and that is only if your fans run on love.

Also, you are 14 plants over 96 inches ?
The finished plant is less than 7 inches wide?
I guess with under 6 watts per square foot, that should be adequate.

Ummm... 12x130=1560

I'm guessing you're responding to a different thread or reading and math isn't your favorite.

The Jewels

The Jewels

No, this is your thread.
I checked the math before I responded.
My math was accompanied with units.

Number of dollars, amount of watts, hours of utilization.
130 is a number. Is it a measurement?
What unit of measure shall we apply?

Reading comprehension, not unlike linguistic prowess, is a gift.
T' what were you infering?

Average

Average

No, this is your thread.
I checked the math before I responded.
My math was accompanied with units.

Number of dollars, amount of watts, hours of utilization.
130 is a number. Is it a measurement?
What unit of measure shall we apply?

Reading comprehension, not unlike linguistic prowess, is a gift.
T' what were you infering?

130 watts... 12 lights... Equals 360 watts by your math? Brilliant!

14 plants over 96 inches? Each plant has 7 inches? WTF are you talking about? Plants aren't contained they go where they want crossing paths along the way. Seems like you are self smarted... Move along Mickey Mouse.

Anyway... 25 days in. Lighter with the lemon and full 4x4 with the next round.

IMG 20190701 235229125
IMG 20190701 235308930
IMG 20190701 235454299

Latest posts

Top Bottom