ONE GALLON CHALLANGE | THCFARMER GROWERS 2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DanC520

DanC520

@Rebeccalovato777 @DanC520 had a really solid grow in soil imho
Coco* I have zero experience outside of coco with synthetic nutes.

Ok, now that I have full context, thank you. I thought I had a good run for my challenge plant, but yours solid too. Best thing about that one is the smoke. She smokes so well and tastes so good. I’ve had some good luck in that tent lately

Moshmen

Moshmen

it's two seperate plants, but their both clones of one mother.
This the second run in wool? So still prolly learning a bit if your like me ? Lol but they look nice and healthy and frost in up man nice work!

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
This the second run in wool? So still prolly learning a bit if your like me ? Lol but they look nice and healthy and frost in up man nice work!
ya, its the 2nd run for me and i hit totally new challanges with this run.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Coco* I have zero experience outside of coco with synthetic nutes.

Ok, now that I have full context, thank you. I thought I had a good run for my challenge plant, but yours solid too. Best thing about that one is the smoke. She smokes so well and tastes so good. I’ve had some good luck in that tent lately
you also had one with clay pibbles right?

E9noxis

E9noxis

Well, this challenge made me think I like growing in single gallons. I dont think I do. When my current 5 ladies are done, I'm going to do 2 plants in 5 to 7 gallons each in my 4x4

Next year I'm doing 5 gallons dug into the ground in my greenhouse. My males are showing me a lot about pot size and the difference between in and out door.

Maybe I'll do males in single gallons the 2x2.

But right now I feel I'm in limbo. I dont even want to finish this grow because I have better ideas. Don't worry. I'll wait til they're done to make my changes, but damn.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Well, this challenge made me think I like growing in single gallons. I dont think I do. When my current 5 ladies are done, I'm going to do 2 plants in 5 to 7 gallons each in my 4x4

Next year I'm doing 5 gallons dug into the ground in my greenhouse. My males are showing me a lot about pot size and the difference between in and out door.

Maybe I'll do males in single gallons the 2x2.

But right now I feel I'm in limbo. I dont even want to finish this grow because I have better ideas. Don't worry. I'll wait til they're done to make my changes, but damn.
lol, ever since you joinned you've had nothing but ideas 😂😂
Here is something easy for you to do while you carry out these gallon size differences.
Make sure after the harvest you take the root zone out of the dirt. If you let the dirt dry out than you can shake the dirt off. Than take a picture of the entire roots that was from othe 1 gallon VS the 7 gallon and compare them.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I definitely enjoyed participating in the challenge and learned a few things personally as well as a few things through the other participants. Going into the challenge I new that I didn’t have the best set up, I was hurting for tent space, vertical space, wasn’t able to use the best lighting, and really wasn’t happy with the seed stock that I used. I still pulled off a small harvest of decent bud, but now I’m thinking about trying again with all the optimal stuff lined up this time. So I don’t know when the contest is officially over, or if anyone would object to a round two but I’d be ready to pop another seed after Labor Day. Any objections? @PK1

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I definitely enjoyed participating in the challenge and learned a few things personally as well as a few things through the other participants. Going into the challenge I new that I didn’t have the best set up, I was hurting for tent space, vertical space, wasn’t able to use the best lighting, and really wasn’t happy with the seed stock that I used. I still pulled off a small harvest of decent bud, but now I’m thinking about trying again with all the optimal stuff lined up this time. So I don’t know when the contest is officially over, or if anyone would object to a round two but I’d be ready to pop another seed after Labor Day. Any objections? @PK1
i mean since you are growing inside, it's a different game play. i thought there was going to be some outside growers, hence why the deadline date.
You can always grow in a gallon like many other members and still have a journal.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

i mean since you are growing inside, it's a different game play. i thought there was going to be some outside growers, hence why the deadline date.
You can always grow in a gallon like many other members and still have a journal.
Ok cool, I had to go way back to read the original rules, I was unsure as to the official end of the contest. Figured it out:
The challenge is for the entire summer season 2022 and you may start at anytime.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Technically there’s 25/26 days left before the end of summer. So ya now way to grow another entry at this point.

Moshmen

Moshmen

lol, ever since you joinned you've had nothing but ideas 😂😂
Here is something easy for you to do while you carry out these gallon size differences.
Make sure after the harvest you take the root zone out of the dirt. If you let the dirt dry out than you can shake the dirt off. Than take a picture of the entire roots that was from othe 1 gallon VS the 7 gallon and compare them.
You can easily pull a QP out 3 gallon so why waste the dirt ? Soil is expensive

DanC520

DanC520

This plant more representative of what can be done in one gallon. I’ll get better pic when lights on today. She’s well over 50 inches.
38C97BFF A206 4CE0 898E 8161DF2462B3
6C657A34 20E0 4B86 B5A6 39AFD42FD8B8

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Week 5 of flower
ph problem is finally fixed. Took a while for everything to fall in place but i'm glad it worked out. Big thanks to @Aqua Man and @Dirtbag for helping me figure the ph problem out.
Currently res is at 5.7ph with 1.1ec and the rw are at 5.7ph with 1.6ec
2022 08 30 071147

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom