ONE Gallon Challenge | Open For Discussion | Challenge starting March 1st/2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will you participate in the March 2022 1 Gal Challenge

• Total voters
DanC520

DanC520

When does it end? I won’t be ready to germ from scratch and/or take cuttings for a few weeks.

Reactions: PK1
Observationist

Observationist

i just took 3 fresh cuts tonight,in a cup of water rn, are those acceptable to enter with? sorry dont know the guidelines id have to read through all these pages.

• Haha
E9noxis

E9noxis

A few hours early but I think they count. I mean, who's gonna complain?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Need a challenge where Dwc and rdwc can be a part of. Without root pruning it seems impossible. I'm sure I could do it by manually cutting the roots. I would, have to have an external res and return line, 3 inch lol.. Doubt that counts. An aero guy might get away with this, but this seems catered to passive hydro systems.

Perhaps they can do a 3 month from dry seed to harvest challenge in say. 1x1 or a 2x2. Like I don't see this as a growth rate competition, more as a who does coco the best.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I have a couple hours until I start XD germing
A big bang auto from greenhouse

Good luck everyone!
When does it end? I won’t be ready to germ from scratch and/or take cuttings for a few weeks.
You can start it at anytime after the 1st of march. I am going to put the create the journal now.
i just took 3 fresh cuts tonight,in a cup of water rn, are those acceptable to enter with? sorry dont know the guidelines id have to read through all these pages.
1st page 1st post. not difficult

Need a challenge where Dwc and rdwc can be a part of. Without root pruning it seems impossible. I'm sure I could do it by manually cutting the roots. I would, have to have an external res and return line, 3 inch lol.. Doubt that counts. An aero guy might get away with this, but this seems catered to passive hydro systems.

Perhaps they can do a 3 month from dry seed to harvest challenge in say. 1x1 or a 2x2. Like I don't see this as a growth rate competition, more as a who does coco the best.
you can join with rdwc and start when you are ready.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ONE GALLON CHALLANGE HAS NOW STARTED!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Observationist lol, i was saying keep your none challenge conversations here but post twice a week about your challenge in the journal that is for the challenge. does that make sense?

Observationist

Observationist

@Observationist lol, i was saying keep your none challenge conversations here but post twice a week about your challenge in the journal that is for the challenge. does that make sense?
Lol ok my bad

• Haha
T.chef

T.chef

This type of grow off has alot of advantages and disadvantages. Starting a seed now vs a cut is not even comparable . U can top the cut while it's rooting and start training it earlier ....it should be like the other grow offs , everyone gets 2 rooted cuts all the same .... Finished into a 1 gallon

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You can start it at anytime after the 1st of march. I am going to put the create the journal now.

1st page 1st post. not difficult

you can join with rdwc and start when you are ready.
I dont think a 3 inch return line on a 1 gallon bucket would be accepted would it?

Otherwise to only have 1 gallon of water in the room, well the roots will clog the return lines unless its 3 inches. I mean im sure I will have an aero setup by next year this time, ill for sure be joining then ;) But idk how rdwc can even join this and it be fair for everyone else. I will gladly tap a 3 inch line into a paint can and wing it, but thats way more than one gallon of water inside the tent.

E9noxis

E9noxis

This type of grow off has alot of advantages and disadvantages. Starting a seed now vs a cut is not even comparable . U can top the cut while it's rooting and start training it earlier ....it should be like the other grow offs , everyone gets 2 rooted cuts all the same .... Finished into a 1 gallon
I dont clone. Don't exclude me!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I dont think a 3 inch return line on a 1 gallon bucket would be accepted would it?

Otherwise to only have 1 gallon of water in the room, well the roots will clog the return lines unless its 3 inches. I mean im sure I will have an aero setup by next year this time, ill for sure be joining then ;) But idk how rdwc can even join this and it be fair for everyone else. I will gladly tap a 3 inch line into a paint can and wing it, but thats way more than one gallon of water inside the tent.
the water and feeding doesn't have to be in one gallon. Only the plant and its roots do.
I dont clone. Don't exclude me!
me neither. I started from seed too
if you play your game right it takes clones 7 to 12 days to root and it's about the same for starting from seed.
There is a little downside to start from seed and thats the seedling stage which clones are easier to handle.
either way its for fun and giggles.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@1diesel1 any idea what happend to this post i made?

SmokeRings900

SmokeRings900

I thought i make this open forum and we can all discuss about the 1 gallon challenge that is coming up. MARCH 1st
There will be a separate section just for the candidates to post their weekly grow post. I will also add a doc drive link for candidates to enter their name.
The challenge will start March 1st which should give anyone new or exciting grower time to figure how to enter the contest and get their gear ready.

I am working on price for the top three contestants and the main rules will be posted on the main challenge journal. However, for now we can all discuss about it here.

Rules:

On the one gallon challenge journal we shall only post our weekly process. We can discuss everything else here in this post.

The challenge is one gallon. However, if it's a bit less or more than its okay. As long as it is not over by extra gallons.
The clone cutting or seed germination should be done on the 1st and your 1st post shall be about you, your setup, and whatever cannibals plant you are growing. lol!
Substrate and the method of growth is all up too you.
How do we enter?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Aight bet, So I can start a dry seed today? That's what everyone else is doing?
the water and feeding doesn't have to be in one gallon. Only the plant and its roots do.

me neither. I started from seed too

if you play your game right it takes clones 7 to 12 days to root and it's about the same for starting from seed.
There is a little downside to start from seed and thats the seedling stage which clones are easier to handle.
either way its for fun and giggles.
My seeds are way bigger than my clones. I pump that light up on them seedlings, which was counter productive on them clones. I guarantee if I do a side by side, the seeds grow taller. Perhaps it was just the way I tried to root them, but they were rooted in 12 but there was no massive growth up top. 10 days from germination is even way different than 10 days from dry seed lol. I get it though, yall aint trying to be that picky.

I guess ill start one of my 6 seeds today. Totally random strain/seed. Whats the veg times lol? Sorry PK for making you do all the reading for me. You do make me feel like quite a dick cause of yea. . .anyways. I appriciate you clarifying, and I was actully not wanting to wait another 2 weeks to start seeds. But yea whats that veg time?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Aight bet, So I can start a dry seed today? That's what everyone else is doing?

My seeds are way bigger than my clones. I pump that light up on them seedlings, which was counter productive on them clones. I guarantee if I do a side by side, the seeds grow taller. Perhaps it was just the way I tried to root them, but they were rooted in 12 but there was no massive growth up top. 10 days from germination is even way different than 10 days from dry seed lol. I get it though, yall aint trying to be that picky.

I guess ill start one of my 6 seeds today. Totally random strain/seed. Whats the veg times lol? Sorry PK for making you do all the reading for me. You do make me feel like quite a dick cause of yea. . .anyways. I appriciate you clarifying, and I was actully not wanting to wait another 2 weeks to start seeds. But yea whats that veg time?
im planning on vegging for a month or two. i might also be topping 3 times. Single plant with 20 or so tops

Top Bottom