ONE Gallon Challenge | Open For Discussion | Challenge starting March 1st/2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will you participate in the March 2022 1 Gal Challenge

• Total voters
E9noxis

E9noxis

The three plants are finishing up. The one gallon is under way. I have space and time. I can screw around with a branch on the side while everything else works itself out.

It's not going to interfere with anything. And if I want to actually try a clone in the future, I'd like to have a base of the understanding.

In other news, my baked apple has had zero change in 2 days. No height or leaves or anything with any change. I'm losing faith in it. I'm more than happy to let it try, but I have a backup dosido germinating now.

If it catches up and/or surpasses the apple, it's the one I'll be doing for the one gallon.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
The three plants are finishing up. The one gallon is under way. I have space and time. I can screw around with a branch on the side while everything else works itself out.

It's not going to interfere with anything. And if I want to actually try a clone in the future, I'd like to have a base of the understanding.

In other news, my baked apple has had zero change in 2 days. No height or leaves or anything with any change. I'm losing faith in it. I'm more than happy to let it try, but I have a backup dosido germinating now.

If it catches up and/or surpasses the apple, it's the one I'll be doing for the one gallon.
it doesn't matter which one you bring in the challenge or how many plants. you can have both of them if you wish.
I also didn't know you are finishing a grow. lol, looked like you are just experimenting and not gaining a harvest.

if it makes you feel better, my wedding cake hasn't even shown a root tab yet. im thinking it might be a bad seed

E9noxis

E9noxis

Thats upsetting. I always get really anxious during germination.

I updated my "Are these ready to flip" thread.

Are you allowed to change my thread title reflecting it as a grow diary?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I’m going to veg this plant until June 1 then she will go outside to finish flowering.
I will be light depping her when the time comes to finish out before the dreaded mold moves in around the end of September/October.
DA9B7C4A ADCC 4156 AE55 BC7575587175

E9noxis

E9noxis

Going into day 3 of no growth.

3/07
20220307 135529
20220307 120239

3/08
20220308 123326

I added soil to bury it deeper as suggested I do for the transplant. I'm not transplanting so I would just add to the top anyway.

3/09
20220309 122848
20220309 122751

And thus...
20220309 122800

Whats going on? How can I help her?

E9noxis

E9noxis

Lower the light
I've wondered.
I lowered it to about 7 inches to the plant.
I've also increased light to 50%

20220309 124159

But it stretched like that immediately while I was using the propagation light.
20220305_212010-jpg.1224512
20220309 124719

So I guess I had that light too high too. But why hasn't it shown any growth? I would have accepted a slow grow. But to hault it completely confuses me

20220305 212010
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I've wondered.
I lowered it to about 7 inches to the plant.
I've also increased light to 50%

View attachment 1224511

But it stretched like that immediately while I was using the propagation light.
20220305_212010-jpg.1224512
View attachment 1224514

So I guess I had that light too high too. But why hasn't it shown any growth? I would have accepted a slow grow. But to hault it completely confuses me
In your initial introduction you said you were reusing leftover soil, did you use nutrients with this soil on your prior grow? If so your soil might be “hot”.also what is your rh could be too low?? I’m just grasping at straws here but trying to help.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Heres my mix.

1.5 cubic feet coco coir
8 quarts peat moss
15 lbs organic worm castings
1.5 lbs rice hulls
7 quarts 3/8 pumice lava stones
1 gallon biochar with mycorrhizial fungus
1 gallon super soil organic concentrate
1.5 cups azomite trace minerals
3/4 cup happy frog all purpose fert
2 cups bat quano

I had just under a gallon left so I added more castings and guano to make up the difference. If this kind of thing matters, you may he on to something and I'm making the same mistake with my plan b.

Rh currently 31

D

DreZ.GanjaFather

can we still participate if we haven't posted?
I took some clone cuttings on the 1st. still waiting for roots due to cold Temps in garage where my cloner is

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Heres my mix.

1.5 cubic feet coco coir
8 quarts peat moss
15 lbs organic worm castings
1.5 lbs rice hulls
7 quarts 3/8 pumice lava stones
1 gallon biochar with mycorrhizial fungus
1 gallon super soil organic concentrate
1.5 cups azomite trace minerals
3/4 cup happy frog all purpose fert
2 cups bat quano

I had just under a gallon left so I added more castings and guano to make up the difference. If this kind of thing matters, you may he on to something and I'm making the same mistake with my plan b.

Rh currently 31
Soil could be too much for a seedling, humidity should be higher if possible, I don’t know if anyone else has any input?

E9noxis

E9noxis

I'm bringing over a little humidifier and I'm getting a fan for breeze.

I made some coco and pumice (I do t have perlite on hand) I'll pull the seed pod out of the soil and surround it with this mix. Then when it's ready I'll plant it in my soil.

My only question is, will the 4 inch diameter around the stalk cause a problem being just coco? Will it affect the how I water it? I mean after it's surrounded by the soil?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I'm bringing over a little humidifier and I'm getting a fan for breeze.

I made some coco and pumice (I do t have perlite on hand) I'll pull the seed pod out of the soil and surround it with this mix. Then when it's ready I'll plant it in my soil.

My only question is, will the 4 inch diameter around the stalk cause a problem being just coco? Will it affect the how I water it? I mean after it's surrounded by the soil?
Good point, I’m using a seed starter with a humidity dome and plan to transplant to final one gallon container after I see my 3-5 set of leaves. You might want to use a smaller container at the start just for that reason, because the soil mixture your going to use sounds awesome, your gonna want as much of that soil in the one gallon as possible.

E9noxis

E9noxis

20220310 101223

I did what I said. But it's crooked now. I'm hoping she straightens up. My seed starter dome is at my other grow. I keep not bringing it.

If this doesn't work, and if my plan b seed doesn't start (I started it in the pod off the the side rather than germinating in paper towels) I'm trying again.

Doesn't matter that I'll be 2 weeks behind. You guys will wait for me? Start all yours over. Keep it fair. Hahaha

I suck at this part so bad

PK1

PK1

Supporter
View attachment 1224801
I did what I said. But it's crooked now. I'm hoping she straightens up. My seed starter dome is at my other grow. I keep not bringing it.

If this doesn't work, and if my plan b seed doesn't start (I started it in the pod off the the side rather than germinating in paper towels) I'm trying again.

Doesn't matter that I'll be 2 weeks behind. You guys will wait for me? Start all yours over. Keep it fair. Hahaha

I suck at this part so bad
dude, you are doing things wrong. too much light makes the plant go side ways. she is pulling away.
Your T5 lights was too less and this light is to much. Raise this light to 30 inch and put the intensity down to 10%
Grab something that you can push in the dirt and around the stem to keep it upwords. It needs support
like this
2021 12 12 215502

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@E9noxis you can also use your t5 and just lower it so the plant doesn't become stretchy.

E9noxis

E9noxis

She went sideways when I changed the material surrounding the pod from soil to coco. I believe you about the too much light thing, but this isn't that.

And, I was at 12 inches at 30% and it wasn't enough. 30 inches at 10% won't be anything. I'm not sure that's the right move

Top Bottom