• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will you participate in the March 2022 1 Gal Challenge

• Total voters
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

i think it was a bad seed, but that worries me on the other two i got :s
I popped three out of the same pack and one isn’t doing so hot, not every seed is guaranteed to be a winner, as far as I know 90%sucesful germination is the standard for a lot of seed companies.

Reactions: PK1
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Word, sometimes the shells are too hard to pop also. I scratch the navel on sandpaper on real dark hard seeds before soak. I think they call it scarification

E9noxis

E9noxis

Screenshot 20220312 170611 DuckDuckGo

I found this to be interesting. Any thoughts?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Maybe unbleached coffee filters as an alternative to paper towels.
I’ve started using unbleached coffee filters and had some success, but I always soak in a shot glass with well water in it for 24 hours prior to putting in the coffee filter and ziplock. From there it’s in a warm dark spot and checked daily.

E9noxis

E9noxis

My seed popped in 23 hours or so on a heating pad in the dark. (Papertowel/bag) I never did a presoak. I found them just popping through and buried them shallow. I dont think ot was important to wait for a longer taproot, right?

I saw someone one here I think that waited until the taproot was inches. Plural. I dont even know how it was possible

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

My seed popped in 23 hours or so on a heating pad in the dark. (Papertowel/bag) I never did a presoak. I found them just popping through and buried them shallow. I dont think ot was important to wait for a longer taproot, right?

I saw someone one here I think that waited until the taproot was inches. Plural. I dont even know how it was possible
Not that uncommon, the longer it’s left alone the longer they’ll get. I check daily because the taproot sometimes grows into the paper towel or filter and can easily be damaged when removing for planting.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I've had one push the shell off in the paper towel and the leaves were there. That's why i can't see it happening. Wouldn't it naturally try to progress?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I popped three out of the same pack and one isn’t doing so hot, not every seed is guaranteed to be a winner, as far as I know 90%sucesful germination is the standard for a lot of seed companies.
Word, sometimes the shells are too hard to pop also. I scratch the navel on sandpaper on real dark hard seeds before soak. I think they call it scarification
the seed sinks to the bottom of the cup with in seconds, that could only mean its already cracked open.
either bad seed or a tough mofo

Top Bottom