One Plant 4x4 Scrog Grow Orange Widow

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

You were able to fill out a 4x4 in 7 weeks?
All in nine weeks from popping the seed and cupping. I count veg weeks from the time they are bagged, still counting them as seedlings otherwise. Topped twice, fimmed and viola’ 🙂 My scrog top stands at twenty four inches. Not unusual timing for my plants at all, I normally start flower at six to seven weeks, I was just amazed at the size and canopy of this Lady.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

My pic is not showing... try this again.
FB6A3A96 9694 4046 8FA6 DCD339F04108

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@Aqua Man how do I delete a duplicate post? I used to have a button to do that, can’t find it now. I uploaded a pic and it did a duplicate 🥺

Zombierider

Zombierider

Howdy there Cannagranny! Didn’t see your grow diary, following! Yeah I can’t believe that plant is 9 weeks from seed. I have 2 in my 4x4 going so they should fill it in no time if one plant took only 9 weeks, assuming my genetics keep up :p. Also, I guess 450 watts is enough for that 4x4? I’m starting my seedlings under an HLG 100 but am shopping around to light up the 4x4 properly. Happy growing!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Howdy there Cannagranny! Didn’t see your grow diary, following! Yeah I can’t believe that plant is 9 weeks from seed. I have 2 in my 4x4 going so they should fill it in no time if one plant took only 9 weeks, assuming my genetics keep up :p. Also, I guess 450 watts is enough for that 4x4? I’m starting my seedlings under an HLG 100 but am shopping around to light up the 4x4 properly. Happy growing!
Hey Zomb! Don’t know if Trader told you or not, but I dropped my iPad and shattered the screen. Have a new one now. Nine weeks max, not an unusual time range for me. I have this one cloned so the next run should be even quicker. She has a beautiful canopy on her, will update pics this eve. In answer to your question, the TS3000, has been an excellent light. As you have seen my flowers are gorgeous and the heat is a non issue. You must remember that lighting and chemical companies are a business set on selling you products. You will find through the years as I have a majority of it is hype. I set that light at sixty five percent through veg and amp her up come flower time.
Hope all is well on your end, life is good here, extremely busy as you know summertime is the busiest time for me. It’s a flurry of constant rentals, vacationers and lousy help!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I set that light at sixty five percent through veg and amp her up come flower time.

I've been thinking about this lately as I do something similar - slowly ramp up intensity throughout veg and then hit 90-100% intensity somewhere around week 3 or 4 of flower. But in nature...that's not how the sun would be working. It would actually have the highest intensity/DLI during the vegetative phase and then as the months go by you would be getting less sunlight and intensity as you reach the end of flower. So why do we do it the opposite when we grow indoors? 🤔

Need smart people like @N1ghtL1ght @Moe.Red @Aqua Man @Observationist to chime in on this.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been thinking about this lately as I do something similar - slowly ramp up intensity throughout veg and then hit 90-100% intensity somewhere around week 3 or 4 of flower. But in nature...that's not how the sun would be working. It would actually have the highest intensity/DLI during the vegetative phase and then as the months go by you would be getting less sunlight and intensity as you reach the end of flower. So why do we do it the opposite when we grow indoors? 🤔

Need smart people like @N1ghtL1ght @Moe.Red @Aqua Man @Observationist to chime in on this.
Because we can play god. The DLI is much different in nature as intensity can be from 2000-130,000 lux over a day. Just ask the farmers some years are better than others. So if we manage to do well keeping the rest of factors in order we can hopefully improve the overall results… much easier said than done

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Xlent question and one to ponder. Been outside for many years with no thought to that, when I took the grow indoors I went to the vets of those grows. I just followed their direction. Old adage, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it, would apply in my case. 😊 They are happy, I’m happy. I really suck at Mother Natures job, but I try hard! 😊
Also gives me fodder for an experiment, and explains why when using a cheap home method of growing using cfls that the light goes from 6500k in veg to 2750k in bloom. From bright bright daylite whites to dimmer yellows mixed two to one with the 6500k.

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You are asking the right questions. My only answer is continuing experimentation. I’m not sure I will ever be happy with 100% solid answers. There are just so many variables “knowing” seems impossible.

I’m building a system this weekend that will answer some questions like these tho

I want to know just how far you can push the cannabis plant. I got a lab where I can figure it out in the making. I’m measuring everything. And now I have proper control over lighting. I have custom software control plus data collection on every environmental setpoint. This next year should be fun.

This was from a few weeks ago.
5A198CCC DC5C 4C55 A6FB F98EFB969B3B

There is a bit more but too soon to show that just yet. Stand by science based growers lots more to come.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Because we can play god. The DLI is much different in nature as intensity can be from 2000-130,000 lux over a day. Just ask the farmers some years are better than others. So if we manage to do well keeping the rest of factors in order we can hopefully improve the overall results… much easier said than done
Simulate the climates where it grows the fastest during veg, then simulate the climate where it grows fastest during flower. Or a colder environment to see how it does there. Like one strain can be grown 100 different ways. Now is that better than nature. . Idk. . my thoughts are nature always knows more than us. Therefore we are likely to run into very complex problems. Like perhaps we lack beneficial pests that wont allow us to achieve the same results as if we had them.

I guess we grow to fit our goal, and everyones is different so everyone might not get the same results. I say we focus on results that 80% can achieve. . and leave the hard stuff to the techy guys like aqua and moe.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Simulate the climates where it grows the fastest during veg, then simulate the climate where it grows fastest during flower. Or a colder environment to see how it does there.
Then there is the analogy of the bodybuilder. No amount of moving him from Rome to Denver to Africa will express the genetic potential they hold as a 12year old. It’s way more than just environment. Very variables. Much complex. Big puzzle. Much fun.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Then there is the analogy of the bodybuilder. No amount of moving him from Rome to Denver to Africa will express the genetic potential they hold as a 12year old. It’s way more than just environment. Very variables. Much complex. Big puzzle. Much fun.
Id like to try grafting a mother. Wonder how a slow pheno does when bolted onto a fast pheno. I wont be using illegal steroids though.

If I had tools id like to see how phenos that are use to growing in cold climates grow in warm ones and vice versa.

I seen you talking about tissue culture and did some studying. . pretty nifty stuff. Its like cloning, but on a micro level. Never thought you could keep a plants genetics going forever in a penny sized area.

Like could we breed a tomato plant that has thc. . im sure we will one day thanks to guys like your with all your fancy equipment. Imma just wait for the results and apply them lol. . so much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom