One Pound One Gallon Challenge

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Ok, I've decided imma push this like a sleezy used car salesman. Dammit, I watched the greats build threads hundreds of pages long, full of insane depths and conversation.

I'll admit, the name sucks, I'm sorry. Can't change it now. But one's gotta admit... a plant producing this weight outta the alotted space... she's gonna be like Shrek's wife down stairs, if you know what I'm sayin...

And some clarification on the rules. You DO NOT need to grow only one plant in your space. However, the plant you submit to this, start to end, must be the only plant entered into the final, DRIED AND CURED WEIGHT.

Don't be coming in weight your just cut one ounce plant claiming it's a pound. Shit needs to be adequately dried and cured to qualify. Otherwise, the other trolls in this thread get to call you Princess Pinky for ever and eternity.

Just the rules people. I don't make em, just state em. Now quit reading and get to painting me foolish 😎
You can ask a mod to change the name, it has been done before 👍

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
UgaUgaUga the troll says

Alright. This is an idea spawned from pure testosterone, youthful exuberance, and downright competitiveness. Think the Solo Cup Challenge, upgraded.

The rules are simple:

- 1 gallon media
- 1 plant
- Must be the same plant documented from start to finish in this thread

You can use any media, any light source, any area, any genetics, seed or clone, any nutrients, any additives, PGRs, I don't care. Earn your place in history, and true trolling rights, by producing one pound (16 ounces, 440 grams) from one plant in one gallon of media.

I'll join the party once my current run is done, let's see what happens between now and then :D
1gallon no way you can get even an oz off a gallon more like a 1/4

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Does anyone know off the top of their head what's the biggest yield taken on a solo cup grow around here?

beluga

beluga

@One drop pulled 2.8oz off this:
947e9a67-17f9-47aa-b3fa-37caf51f3307-jpeg.1009098

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Idk, with those numbers a mainlined plant with 8 solo cup sized growth sites would easily surpass a lb. So in reality it wouldn't really be about the training of the plant it's all about how you overcome the root bound issues.

beluga

beluga

I would think fabric/air pots or aero/fogponics would probably take care of that.
I think the biggest issue is gonna be plant support. ScrOGs will take care of that largely. Anything independent of the growing container should suffice.
I was gonna have a go at making an LP aero solo cup for that challenge, but then I was promptly reminded as to why I don't like competition.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

@tobh you actually did it you poked bear you!

I WILL TRY the original challenge that trolly mctrollface said:
1lb in five gallon organic this year but the challenge y’all set is too extreme for this Hort haha

But I’ll be watching! We should get a proper over under going haha

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@tobh you actually did it you poked bear you!

I WILL TRY the original challenge that trolly mctrollface said:
1lb in five gallon organic this year but the challenge y’all set is too extreme for this Hort haha

But I’ll be watching! We should get a proper over under going haha
Could you link the original challenge?

beluga

beluga

is this photoperiod or auto? I am surprised to what it has provided in a solo cup.
I'm pretty sure photoperiod. Check out OD's images and follow the solo cups to their respective posts. I'd link, but I'm about to leave the office.

As long as you keep the roots watered, fed, and healthy, your shoot's limits aren't too constrained.
I'll eventually get around to doing a hydro solo cup experiment. Sure, the reservoir might be 20 gallons, but the root mass will still only be a solo cup - which tends to be the qualifier for most of those contests.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah, exactly. I think pulling a pound from 1 gallon is totally doable. It comes down to four variables:

1. choice of media. You're not going to do this in organic soil, or soil regardless. IDC what soil you use, I just don't see it as being a realistic media for this. Someone can prove me wrong (i like when that happens) but i just downright don't think it's possible with dirt.
2. keeping it watered/fed. Automation, and having it dialed in will be key.
3. training. topping, mainlining, scrogging, LST are all likely going to be used to maximize canopy spread/site production. Some demigod of SOG might be able to do it with one giant phallic spear that's 10' tall, but i think having enough sites is the main component to hitting the full cured weight
4. root pruning. the only media i can think that this wouldn't really be an issue with is coir, and in a fabric pot it would likely perform the best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom