One Pound One Gallon Challenge

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
There was some debate about contest vs challenge. The title of the thread is "challenge" and it's initial intent was to have something ongoing that people could do at their own speed and jump in at any time.

Me personally, I'm swimming in seeds and wasn't looking at this competitively. Maybe competitive like golf though, me against the course kind of thing.

If those dudes ever come back around to the thread maybe they'll still do it. Idk. 🤷‍♂️
Well, I abandoned this thread when discussion got heated, and it seemed like it was being hijacked. I'm not into warring over inconsequential topics online. That being said, my offer still stands. The first to hit 1lb in 1gal take a pack of seeds from my personal collection. It's constantly growing and likely won't be a full pack, but I'll throw down for the first to hit this target. No competition needed, just a simple reward for bringing an end to the myth that root volume equates yields.

That being said, i've avoided this thread since then. I'm not a confrontational person and deal with a fair bit of stress IRL so I'm not about fighting with someone riding coattails and turning something fun into something like my day job.

Now that I've said what needs said... You have a damn fine plant sir! You very well may be damn close come finish. I'll finally be diving into this challenge myself as I'm approaching the final weeks on my current run and very well may just run 1gal instead of the 3gal I was planning on running, simply to dive into this and remove my foot from my mouth.

@Domon8n30 you hit 1lb in 1gal before anyone else, I'll send you seeds. Hell, if you need em, drop a brotha a DM. NM fam takes care of each other.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I wouldn't have even tried it unless I saw @Aqua Man mother hunt grow in the one gallons ...totally gave me the knowledge and confidence to do it. 👍

Gotta love this community ❤🌱
Yeah and did it better lol. Very nice... I tell ya after that grow the term rootvound has become bioscience to me. As long as they have enough food and stable environment I think they are good.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Well, I abandoned this thread when discussion got heated, and it seemed like it was being hijacked. I'm not into warring over inconsequential topics online. That being said, my offer still stands. The first to hit 1lb in 1gal take a pack of seeds from my personal collection. It's constantly growing and likely won't be a full pack, but I'll throw down for the first to hit this target. No competition needed, just a simple reward for bringing an end to the myth that root volume equates yields.

That being said, i've avoided this thread since then. I'm not a confrontational person and deal with a fair bit of stress IRL so I'm not about fighting with someone riding coattails and turning something fun into something like my day job.

Now that I've said what needs said... You have a damn fine plant sir! You very well may be damn close come finish. I'll finally be diving into this challenge myself as I'm approaching the final weeks on my current run and very well may just run 1gal instead of the 3gal I was planning on running, simply to dive into this and remove my foot from my mouth.

@Domon8n30 you hit 1lb in 1gal before anyone else, I'll send you seeds. Hell, if you need em, drop a brotha a DM. NM fam takes care of each other.
Never meant to offend you man, sorry if the things that I said were out of line. And again, I didn't want any seeds. I thought from the very beginning this would just be super fun and challenging. Also to prove that nothing beats auto feed coco...except maybe a good dwc haha.

🌱

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Yeah and did it better lol. Very nice... I tell ya after that grow the term rootvound has become bioscience to me. As long as they have enough food and stable environment I think they are good.

Growing in coco with heavy fertigation schedule is basically hydro growing. Roots won’t bung up like they would in other grow media. For sure removes some of the ability to bind roots, not saying problems couldn’t arise eventually. 🤞🏼

95 has set this one up to succeed. Good advice Aqua, and well executed @Grownsince95.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Please don’t even bring them up lol. They pull disappearing acts after coming off all pushy.
Please indicate where I was pushy? I was pushing against "competition". Timelines and all that bullshit is out of spirit for what this was inspired by. I had my reasons for abandoning this thread. Perhaps choose better words when claiming there was a "they" involved. You probably don't even know what inspired this thread; only a few people were there and I don't recall you being one of them. Now I'm back, and will be taking part as I am the OP on this thread.
Funny how the person who decided to make rules is not in the race...
I will be joining in a couple weeks. What about you? You have something else to say, or are you just another troll like the one that inspired this thread?
are you going to join? also, if you read the 11 pages he mentions that he is waiting for his current crop to finish. 😂
Thank you for clarifying this, good looking bro.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Never meant to offend you man, sorry if the things that I said were out of line. And again, I didn't want any seeds. I thought from the very beginning this would just be super fun and challenging. Also to prove that nothing beats auto feed coco...except maybe a good dwc haha.

🌱
No offense taken. Seeing this thread crop up in my notifications has thrown twinges since all that shit went down early on. The spirit was tainted, and I don't have the capacity for that shit. Mental health > internet fandom. I just ventured in here out of curiosity simply because it's kept going. Shouldn't have ventured too far, I've already again made a fool of myself, but it is what it is. Glad to see it returned to what it started as.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
No offense taken. Seeing this thread crop up in my notifications has thrown twinges since all that shit went down early on. The spirit was tainted, and I don't have the capacity for that shit. Mental health > internet fandom. I just ventured in here out of curiosity simply because it's kept going. Shouldn't have ventured too far, I've already again made a fool of myself, but it is what it is. Glad to see it returned to what it started as.
There could be a slight misunderstanding to what was said earlier. I thought @amekins was talking about the other dude...sequoia whatever who kept crashing threads

I could be wrong so I'll shut up now 🤷‍♂️

tobh

tobh

Supporter
There's definitely a slight misunderstanding to what was said earlier. I thought @amekins was talking about the other dude...sequoia whatever who kept crashing threads

I could be wrong so I'll shut up now 🤷‍♂️
Either way, clarity is important. Whoever that dude was can choke on a fat one. Either way, @amekins and @RowJimmyRow can speak for themselves.

If there's something to be said, say it. Otherwise, perhaps word choice and targeting should be more specific going forward in both their conversational posts.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Either way, clarity is important. Whoever that dude was can choke on a fat one. Either way, @amekins and @RowJimmyRow can speak for themselves.

If there's something to be said, say it. Otherwise, perhaps word choice and targeting should be more specific going forward in both their conversational posts.
And there's also something to be said for timely responses to those posts. I really wish we could have resolved this back then. I hate rehashing old crap ya know? 👍

tobh

tobh

Supporter
And there's also something to be said for timely responses to those posts. I really wish we could have resolved this back then. I hate rehashing old crap ya know? 👍
Not rehashing old crap, just making it clear if there's an issue with me, take it up with me. Your idea spawned this thread, and the rules were pretty clear. My cowardice kept me from timely response, I own that. Now I'm here, and my DMs are open if anyone has something to say. No need for disputes to be discussed publicly.

I'll give you the thread back now. Out of five pages, only found two issues that I felt needed addressed. I'll be joining the challenge soon enough 👌

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hahaha I actually forgot this was a challenge thread.😂
Turned into a @Grownsince95 grow diary!

the Grower have to hit the 454 out of the park to get the beans or a 306 batting avg get it done?😍

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
For some reason here it's 28g/oz up to 15oz but at 16 you just throw an extra 6g in there to make it 454g.
The 16th oz is 34g.

Latest posts

Top Bottom