One stage vs two stage

• Thread starter THCCBD420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

THCCBD420

What's the difference between a one stage and a two stage vacuum pump if both can get me to -29.9?

T

THCCBD420

Can anyone give me a hand in looking to order my pump tonight and don't want to order the wrong one. Thanks.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I read somewhere here where @Graywolf said--
you don't need a two stage...

T

THCCBD420

I ended up getting a one stage 3cfm robinare bc I have a room I can isolate it In so noise isn't a big deal and a 2g vac chamber with lid. I got most of my info from gw basically spent a week just studying up and reading forums and get has come up the most often.

T

THCCBD420

We will see how it goes. Everything should be here over the next couple days I, doing small runs be this is all personal. Picked up a 10g tube earlier. Quick question though. If I'm going for shatter can I vac it with heat the whole time or should I still vac it to stable first? And I'm only using 7g in the tube bc that my constant but my buddy said I can fill that last inch of tube with a coffee filter before I seal off the end. I don't see why that wouldn't work but figured I'd ask by I'm still new to the bho scene

Graywolf

Graywolf

The coffee filter will work as a filler.

I shoot into a container sitting in warm tap water, and when the butane is visibly gone, I move to the vacuum chamber for the finish.

I use a thin <1/16" film at 115F and -29.5" Hg to rapidly remove the residual solvent, but leave the aromatic terpenes.

T

THCCBD420

That's right about what I planned on doing. Was gonna double boil spread it nice and thin vac it at 110.

Latest posts

Top Bottom