Ongoing Soil Grow

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Dude I’m trying to also decide that.. also with blueberry lol. Weird.. didn’t top the first one and prob won’t but topped the second. Clones. Just moved em into bigger pots. If I go over 450-475 ppms they protest but they also like lots of micros. Finicky bastards.
Wow blueberry season is coming. Got 3 myself, the bigger one at the back has crazy branch formation, not one node is the same. Topped once, none of the side branches are equal too :)
There is a little one at the front right. I’m optimistic about it being a freak too..
8570D9FA DAD9 4F03 B835 610A45A4D6E2

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Here’s a blueberry shlong. 7 weeks. This one topped itself early and has a bunch o these
Well i want to see colours this grow. Always get cold induced purpling at winter grows but not genetic. If these purple afghan kush and blueberries doesn’t show colour, then i don’t know what will.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Get those flower temps down last month. I've read numerous times, cooler temps help bring out the colors in a genetically able plant. Good luck. I had some purple wreck under LED in a cold basement in the winter. Buds had some dark dark foliage towards the end. Very much purps.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Update us with some pics of your other plants brethren?
Damn. I'm going down to the garden now. Haha. Gotta grab a few pics. Haha. I got my blueberry from canuk. First seed I've popped in over a decade. Up till now only gifted clones.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Tent is loaded with critical cheese, strawberry cough, and deathstar. The cheese and strawberry are so yellowed out, I'm not trying to do much with them but let em ride. Dry sift and edibles after a few select tops harvested and manicured for jars. The Deathstar is hanging in there. A few about to come out within the next week. One critical cheese looking nice gonna be my Christmas tree this year. Should be filled out for Christmas. Some new gals just rooted and transplanted to starter containers. That's about it right now. Been kind of neglecting the garden a little. Busy.

IMG 20181119 212334527
IMG 20181119 212316238
IMG 20181119 212243159
IMG 20181119 234424149
IMG 20181119 212055862
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Top or not to top? The Blueberry is ready for some initial attention. Approx 14"-16". I hope to use this plant as a mother for a few cuttings, then eventually flower it. I'm considering topping it very low, back down to leaving 4 shoots. This will create 4 main tops. I can then get one larger clone from the top and two small clones from developed side shoots.
Or, I supercrop the main stalk just above the lowest 4 developing shoots. This will allow the main to keep developing and more shoots to develope. I believe this is less stressful to the plant.
Anybody have any specific mother techniques?

IMG 20181119 234240439
Herbalise

Herbalise

Top or not to top? The Blueberry is ready for some initial attention. Approx 14"-16". I hope to use this plant as a mother for a few cuttings, then eventually flower it. I'm considering topping it very low, back down to leaving 4 shoots. This will create 4 main tops. I can then get one larger clone from the top and two small clones from developed side shoots.
Or, I supercrop the main stalk just above the lowest 4 developing shoots. This will allow the main to keep developing and more shoots to develope. I believe this is less stressful to the plant.
Anybody have any specific mother techniques?
I would bend her over as far as possible let her side shoots follow the top shoot even them out eventually just my 2cents lol

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I would bend her over as far as possible let her side shoots follow the top shoot even them out eventually just my 2cents lol
Yeah. Super cropping has worked great in the past for me. I think I can get more possibilities for clones by bending. Be in the garden tonight. I'll post the results.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I’m in calyx country babeh. Just past frosty mountain
This is your blueberry, right? Looks great. I'm waiting on the first two cuts to show root. Cuttings are vibrant and healthy after a week so I'm a bit confident. Plan on grabbing a few more cuts soon. Can't wait for some blueberry.

Top Bottom