Ongoing Soil Grow

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I keep it ghetto lol. It’s the o g in me. The last pic is my blueb. Just starting week 9. First 2 are sweetskunk c99 and c99

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Looks minty man
It's a healthy plant so far. One foliar of Epsom the first sign of a general lightening of the leaves. Believed it to be Mag def; seemed to do the trick. Taking some more cuttings next week. The stalk is streaking purpleish/red. Def or genetics? Does Blueberry typically show a lot of color?

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Lookin good brother. You doing a mass blueberry round with them clones? Can’t wait to see what’s next
Those clones pictured are a squad of 5 Deathstar. So far, I've topped two and leaving three single stalked for LST. I have a couple strawberry cough to keep the genetics alive and hopefully the two blueberry root soon.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

It's been a minute. Lol. So, clones are going. Blueberry Mama ready to retire to the flower tent. Few things rounding third in the tent. Couple more weeks. Cheese is cheesey.

IMG 20181228 210839484
IMG 20181228 210941887
IMG 20181230 005318548
IMG 20181230 005331352
IMG 20181230 005401475
IMG 20181228 205814153
IMG 20181228 205905196
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Do you let them die “on the vine”?
Last week of flower (roughly 8wk) I water very little. Usually let em ride till 9wks like that. They do begin to cannibalize and then I place them in a dark cabinet for 48 hours. Cut, hang dry, cure. Vine ripened for sure.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I will also add that I'm a water only guy with very little bottled nutes regiment. They do tend to get a little deficient towards the end.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Oh, and the one pic with the two stacked in the dry cabinet.... They were so stringy. Critical cheese that went unmanaged. Whispy sativa buds. Butter material.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Last week of flower (roughly 8wk) I water very little. Usually let em ride till 9wks like that. They do begin to cannibalize and then I place them in a dark cabinet for 48 hours. Cut, hang dry, cure. Vine ripened for sure.

I thought of doing something similar but chickened out. I was gonna just leave them in the pots until they were ready to be burped in jars. You know just let them dry in the pots. Would you rate your “vine ripened” buds better, same or worse compared to cut and hang dried buds?

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I can't say which way or the other. I've always allowed them to begin drying a bit in the soil. Dark period, then cut and hang. I believe in the slow and low method for smokable flower. Best cured slowly. It's just a game of moisture content in the flower once you have harvested. Environment plays a big role in how you go about the dry and cure. Your humidity levels are the variable in how fast or slow you harvest process should be.
Quick cut and dry is best for all the concentrates if you're not too worried about flavors. Not enough cure and I think you risk flavors and aromas, but live rosin press and solvent extracts I think you can push a fast harvest. I don't have much experience in consent rate processing though.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I can't say which way or the other. I've always allowed them to begin drying a bit in the soil. Dark period, then cut and hang. I believe in the slow and low method for smokable flower. Best cured slowly. It's just a game of moisture content in the flower once you have harvested. Environment plays a big role in how you go about the dry and cure. Your humidity levels are the variable in how fast or slow you harvest process should be.
Quick cut and dry is best for all the concentrates if you're not too worried about flavors. Not enough cure and I think you risk flavors and aromas, but live rosin press and solvent extracts I think you can push a fast harvest. I don't have much experience in consent rate processing though.

Yeah i have no problem with slow dry. My rh is like 55-60 and temps are 18C. I paper bag those suckers and let them dry for 2 weeks or so. They are so tasty after that slow dry. I can also do the same on the vine i think. Let the pot go bone dry and just never water again. Maybe even throw a paper bag over the plant and tie the end little above the soil. Don’t know man, i may try it. Just to see if it makes any difference. Overripe fruit thats been left on the vine are the sweetest usually and it may simulate something like that. Or it may just go moldy and disintegrate into nothingness :D

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I'm not sure about the bag thing too early. Too much moisture content and not enough air flow and mold is very probable. Especially with the plant still being in close contact with soil. Not sure though, keep an eye on it if you do try it. I get the over ripe idea too. Super ripe berries are great. Maybe try one plant vs another if you get the opportunity. Another thing I do is trim out as many fan leaves before I put them in the dark. Any fan leave I can cut at it's stem I remove. You're left with sticks and nuggets. Good air circulation.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I'm not sure about the bag thing too early. Too much moisture content and not enough air flow and mold is very probable. Especially with the plant still being in close contact with soil. Not sure though, keep an eye on it if you do try it. I get the over ripe idea too. Super ripe berries are great. Maybe try one plant vs another if you get the opportunity. Another thing I do is trim out as many fan leaves before I put them in the dark. Any fan leave I can cut at it's stem I remove. You're left with sticks and nuggets. Good air circulation.

Yeah definitely not right after lights out. Thinking like 3-4 days then paper bag. I think i’m gonna do it this grow. Using 1 gallon pots so the plants should be fairly small. I might just pick one or two and just leave it in the soil to dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom