Only three leafs

• Thread starter Gunfanatic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XTC

XTC

You can't get a trait like this without it being genetic...phenotype is just expressed genotype....even if being rootbound is the cause of expression it is still genetic...it's just that the rootbound environment is causing the expression.

DC105

DC105

3 fingered leafs are OG traits. Take a look at anyones TK in veg or HPK.That's a good thing!!! Whats the strain again? Those that said kush traits ate spot on!

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

Got the pictures u asked for. Plant one. Not trans plant.

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

Oh yes. They are white widdow. I just transplanted the other one in a larger pot. That is why I have not posted yet. For that I am sorry. I have been enjoying the discussion that has been taking place. I really hope that that that have mutated into a super bud.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I gotta give it to you. That's the biggest plant I've ever seen inside of such a tiny pot! If you switch to 3-5 gallon pots you will have trees. Lol.

Peace

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

I don't need any trees. I don't have the room. But thank you. I take a lot of pride in my plants. Not that I know what the hell it is that I'm doing. The small pot is what they bolth were In. And I have a few other strains that I have pulled out of the same size pot. One of which the roots were wow!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like it was on the brink of starting to flower. Maybe sitting in a shaded spot or possibly running like a 14-15 hr light cycle? They look nice and healthy is why it doesn't look like there root bound to me
Them flat looking leaves that are kinda joined definitely aren't genetic. That's 100% re veg leaves, not to say that it couldn't throw three leafers. Repot them girls like they say and keep up with the new lighting. They'll be all back to normal before long
Guys, listen to stickyfing3rs. This isn't a phenotype, it's not a strain, it's a physiological expression of photoperiodism and the plant's confusions as to what stage of growth it should be growing. ANY cannabis plant will do this on the reveg. I've posted about the timeline and sequence in the reduction in number of lobes per leaf, and how it comes back over time when the plant is no longer 'hormonally confused' (photoperiod changes trigger hormones that control growth phase, vegetative vs regenerative aka flowering).

Essentially, if you've screwed up the photoperiod and you're seeing 3-lobed leaves, you've set a clock and a sequence that, in my observations, takes approximately 6-8 weeks to get the plant growing normally again. First, you see the 3-lobed leaves, then after about two weeks, you're going to see singles. Assuming the photoperiod has been corrected and the plant is still on a strong vegging light schedule (this is where I'll do an 18/6) after two weeks of singles it will begin to start throwing triples again. After another two weeks or so, again assuming no odd changes in photoperiod, the plant will begin to grow normal 5, 7, 9 or 11 lobed leaves (whatever is normal for that particular plant).

Photoperiodism, learn that term for today.

In the meantime, I feel another teaching thread coming up, because it can get time consuming reposting this same information over and over again. Don't let me forget to post a thread on flowering vs revegging timeline, k?

I haven't read the rest, I was just reading waiting for someone to tell Gunfanatic what's actually happening. :)

Any plant that's revegged can throw three leafers I promise you.
Can and will if its photoperiod is screwed up.
Can also throw single leafs.
Here, YOU get the cookie.

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

Thank you for that very informative post by seamaiden.

In all of your opinions what is better for veg lighting. 24hr or 18/6? I have always done 24hr.

FiveAM

FiveAM

18/6, saves money and I truly believe the plants need a dark cycle.

just my 2 cents tho.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Agreed, although, I actually interrupt the dark phase of the photoperiod. I think it's really simpler for indoor growers to just stick to the 'accepted' photoperiod norms.

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

I been wondering about the three leaf , my cuts from a mother with regular leaf growth are all 3 leaf. They are not root bound and they look great and even better than the mom but are Tri leaf.

hermit186

hermit186

Think of what day light savings time dose to us twice a year.:sleep:

ken dog

ken dog

I been wondering about the three leaf , my cuts from a mother with regular leaf growth are all 3 leaf. They are not root bound and they look great and even better than the mom but are Tri leaf.
A sure sign that your mother needs more light... Or at least a different Spectrum. I would go for blue, and get myself rid of all the red.

Top Bottom