Only three leafs

• Thread starter Gunfanatic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

my plant has started only producing 3 leafed water leafs kind of courius about this one. Any answers out there. See the pic

Only three leafs
Rosenberg

Rosenberg

Cool! Nice mutation by the looks of it. Would be genetic.

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

I have thought that. It is happing on to plants of the same strain and mother. But I don't know. Hoping that this might spark a good debate.

Rosenberg

Rosenberg

You're saying it is or isn't happening to plants of the same strain? If it is, then it's a good indication that the trait is genetic.

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

It is gaping to the same strain. What do u thing this means. As a genetic trait? Goof or bad?

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

In my experience, unless it came out with nothing but 3 leafers from seed., they are root bound. I had a kush strain do that in veg, then exploded with 9 finger leaves when I transplanted her.

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

Ok we will see one of them I just transplanted about 4 days to a week ago. The other is still in the small pot from cloning.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
In my experience, unless it came out with nothing but 3 leafers from seed., they are root bound. I had a kush strain do that in veg, then exploded with 9 finger leaves when I transplanted her.
OK. I mistook his statement " has started" to mean it changed from a normal veg state to its current 3bladed leaf foliage. It could just be a phenotype. But being root bound or lighting issues can cause this trait in otherwise "normal"plants ime.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Ok we will see one of them I just transplanted about 4 days to a week ago. The other is still in the small pot from cloning.

How tall are those plants and how big is the pots?

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

What do you mean by phenotype? I did have a 3 month experiment with lighting that failed. I have been bringing them back to health. And lost some on that adventure. But now that I have given them the good light back is when I have seen this. They are abot 2-2.5 ft tall. They where in a 4 in pot. But I just put one of them In a 8 breathe able pot. She is looking good so far. If you want I can post pictures of bolth of them.

Amber

Amber

I could be wrong but I always thought the 3 fingers as a sign of a good kush strain. Purely good genetics.:cool:

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

I could be wrong but I always thought the 3 fingers as a sign of a good kush strain. Purely good genetics.:cool:
I have heard of a mutant 3 leaf kush that was said to "gush" with resin... But so far every 3 leaf I ended up with was a hermie or leafy piece of shit. I think its a good rule of thumb to keep anything different and watch it,close though, that's where great phenos are found.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
What do you mean by phenotype? I did have a 3 month experiment with lighting that failed. I have been bringing them back to health. And lost some on that adventure. But now that I have given them the good light back is when I have seen this. They are abot 2-2.5 ft tall. They where in a 4 in pot. But I just put one of them In a 8 breathe able pot. She is looking good so far. If you want I can post pictures of bolth of them.
Yes on pictures. I'm guessing they are seriously root bound.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Looks like it was on the brink of starting to flower. Maybe sitting in a shaded spot or possibly running like a 14-15 hr light cycle? They look nice and healthy is why it doesn't look like there root bound to me

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

Looks like it was on the brink of starting to flower. Maybe sitting in a shaded spot or possibly running like a 14-15 hr light cycle? They look nice and healthy is why it doesn't look like there root bound to me

I had 4 of this strain. 2 of them went in to flower. In the lighting experiment I had done. I explain what that was. To give a better idea.
I was given a LED aquarium hood. And I am getting great results for my clones. And newly rooting plants. So I decided to get more of the same hoods and replace my MH 1000w. Unfortunately after about 2 months of veg with this style of light. They get stringee. No meat on the plant and very little growth. So I let it go on as I built a new home for the plants. And brought them back under the MH light. They have been there for about a month. They are coming back to good health for the most part. I had to go through them all to pick the strong and off the weak and almost dead.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Them flat looking leaves that are kinda joined definitely aren't genetic. That's 100% re veg leaves, not to say that it couldn't throw three leafers. Repot them girls like they say and keep up with the new lighting. They'll be all back to normal before long

Latest posts

Top Bottom