Ontario, Canada, Outdoor Growers Thread

• Thread starter mrsmarybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Foe - It's a leaf hopper. They are vectors for cannabis and other viruses and bacteria. They suck and very difficult to get rid of. A few usually not too bad but some years they can get overwhelming. They don't prefer cannabis but they spread disease. Like a tick for animals.
I'm in Upstate NY we haven't really seen too many thankfully. Pinch him dead and wash your hands after dont touch your plants until washing hands.

THC_DALLAS

THC_DALLAS

Hi guys I was wondering if my plant might be a hermi or if this just swollen calyx ?

921B18F3 A3E9 48E2 8691 3CFE890F3ABC
Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Not Hermie and not swollen calyx you still have a ways to go for the swollen calyx bud gettting there. I'd guess 3 or more weeks to go. Lets see if we can make to the end before wet weather.

Firsttimegrower2020

Firsttimegrower2020

Hey guys wondering what you would all recommend for mildew? I’ve tried watered down apple cider vinegar, watered down milk and a product from my local store called firmanater I bieleve.

been wiping down the leaves daily for the past three days and it still won’t go away. Hasn’t made it onto the buds from what I can see but I just don’t know anymore. Very disheartened after all the work I’ve put in. Thanks again

EE011364 FE6F 4A03 B350 67C29D66EC98
6603E4F1 1B82 495C 929C F7003F0E3694
kevinfever

kevinfever

i use 1/2 tbs baking soda 1/8 tsp dish soap in a 2 liter water bottle and mist once or twice a week seems to slow it down but never kills it. i also remove badly infected leaves carefully so i dont spread spores every were .try not to touch infected leaves then touch healthy leaves after it spreads faster that way

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Hydrogen peroxide 3% from shoppers right into a spray bottle and I soak down my plants.I then watch every day for the mildew and spot spray as needed.

Never done ant harm get a fan moving air around if ya can

Burgerdude

Burgerdude

Hey there. First time grower and in the backyard. I have so many questions but Im trying to just let the plant do it’s thing. It’s been great seeing how fast they grow and finding something me and my mom can bond over haha.

All three of my plants have started to flower but I was concerned about the bushyness of one of my plants and the possibility of lack of air flow. Maybe I’m overthinking everything. Should I prune the bottom 1/3 of the plant? Is it too late because it’s flowering? Or should I just let nature do it’s thing?

Thanks for your help in advance!
My opinion is its perfect as is, great great work!!!

N.OntarioMedGrower

N.OntarioMedGrower

Blue Dream, crossed back to a ruderalis local variety to give it speed finishes and yield. My opinion is find out what the locals are growing, test the quality and depend on what real local "experts" are doing.
Now that its legal you'd be surprised who and how many have been quietly growing for 20-30-40 years and just might be willing to impart that type of genius.
Compost teas, always use lake or pond waters as they tend to be nutrient supercharged and mulch to keep root zones warm and moist during drought periods. My secret? Goat milk whey left over from cheese process and molasses in the compost tea. When planting I like to drop one or two raw whole eggs into the bottom of a hole and have always tended to avoid any nutrient probs. My pot ain't vegan lol.

Someone's gonna ask so might as well answer in advance. Nope, that's not frost on the bud, not the weather type.

IMG 20191014 153844388
IMG 20191014 160852893
IMG 20191020 162344639
IMG 20191020 162430343
C.Dawg2020

C.Dawg2020

Has anyone have experience with safer defender fungicide? I’m 4-5 weeks away from harvest and used it today. Was difficult to not spray the bud. 1-2 hours later, it still smells? Any one out there used it or have any help they can share?

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Heres a clone i took from my blueberry and just threw strait outside after being cut 3 weeks into budding. It's my micro plant

IMG 20200919 1508335
IMG 20200919 1508539
SimpleGrants

SimpleGrants

Might want to double check the plant: looks like WPM on couple of the leaves there. Unless it's leftovers from some kind of spray you're using.

Top Bottom