Opinion needed - Is this plant ready for harvest?

• Thread starter methheadman88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
methheadman88

methheadman88

I don't have a magnifier so I am looking for an opinion. Is this plant ready for harvest? Tomorrow is the end of the 9th week of flower.

Opinion needed   is this plant ready for harvest
Opinion needed   is this plant ready for harvest 2
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I say it still has a few weeks, lots of white pistils. Is it still drinking water?

RR1

RR1

I say it still has a few weeks, lots of white pistils. Is it still drinking water?
I answer this question alot: Hairs don't really matter, it's all about the trichomes, and some about the overall condition of the plant. I'll explain. Unless you KNOW your strain, and KNOW that the hairs turn at such and such a time, you have know way of knowing by the hair color. All strains are different.
Now trichomes all act the same. When they go from clear/shiny, to cloudy/whitish/opaque, THC levels are at their highest. This has been done many times using GC/MS units. When you start to see amber, THC levels are starting to degrade, and other cannibinoids such as CBD are rising. If you are a pain patient, this is ok. The couchlock effect really starts to do its thing when they are getting amber.
Without a 18x or better loupe, look at the plants overall condition. Are the leaves deteriorating like the ones in the pictures? Plants have a progression as they slide into seniscence. Hairs turning? They are an indicator, but as part of other clues. Touch it and smell your fingers. What is the flowering time on your strain say?
If I was to say from here, I would say you are damn close, maybe even ready now. It's certainly not bunk even if it's a little early. You can get a loupe for under $20 bucks.
RR1

methheadman88

methheadman88

I’ll see what I can do about getting a loupe.

I answer this question alot: Hairs don't really matter, it's all about the trichomes, and some about the overall condition of the plant. I'll explain. Unless you KNOW your strain, and KNOW that the hairs turn at such and such a time, you have know way of knowing by the hair color. All strains are different.
Now trichomes all act the same. When they go from clear/shiny, to cloudy/whitish/opaque, THC levels are at their highest. This has been done many times using GC/MS units. When you start to see amber, THC levels are starting to degrade, and other cannibinoids such as CBD are rising. If you are a pain patient, this is ok. The couchlock effect really starts to do its thing when they are getting amber.
Without a 18x or better loupe, look at the plants overall condition. Are the leaves deteriorating like the ones in the pictures? Plants have a progression as they slide into seniscence. Hairs turning? They are an indicator, but as part of other clues. Touch it and smell your fingers. What is the flowering time on your strain say?
If I was to say from here, I would say you are damn close, maybe even ready now. It's certainly not bunk even if it's a little early. You can get a loupe for under $20 bucks.
RR1
It’s supposed to be a 9 week flower. I’ll keep a close eye on it for a few more days.

methheadman88

methheadman88

So I went to Home Depot and Ace Hardware to look for a good loupe/magnifying lens, but couldn't find one. I took this photo with a DSLR camera.

Can anyone tell what stage the trichomes are at from experience? I think it looks a bit clear still, so maybe there is still a week left?

DSC 0034
methheadman88

methheadman88

The forum seems to compress photos affecting the fidelity of the image...

Odiesel

Odiesel

So I went to Home Depot and Ace Hardware to look for a good loupe/magnifying lens, but couldn't find one. I took this photo with a DSLR camera.

Can anyone tell what stage the trichomes are at from experience? I think it looks a bit clear still, so maybe there is still a week left?
homie do you know amazon? idk where you live but sounds like the states. you can get one off there for cheap

methheadman88

methheadman88

homie do you know amazon? idk where you live but sounds like the states. you can get one off there for cheap
Haha I know, but for some reason the earliest delivery date is Nov. 13. There is no point in receiving it so late.

UK420Show

UK420Show

Personally I think you look around the 6th or 7th week. I would say begin your flush but that's assuming your in soil and you have checked the trikes to check their maturity before making any rash decisions :). Nice looking plant though my guy Good Growing :)

methheadman88

methheadman88

Personally I think you look around the 6th or 7th week. I would say begin your flush but that's assuming your in soil and you have checked the trikes to check their maturity before making any rash decisions :). Nice looking plant though my guy Good Growing :)
Thanks mate! I find growing more fun than smoking now haha!

UK420Show

UK420Show

Yeah I second what journey man has said get rid of the huge fan leaves they are only going to slow the process and will build up excess humidity in your tent which is defeating the point lol. I have booked 3 days off work to harvest mine its a very large job and takes many hours. especially when you have a large amount of pop corn buds the trimming can sometimes seem never ending. I have flat out gave up in the past its that mind numbing just trimming bud after bud after bud I understand there are worse problems to have but still I hate trimming thats why i just dry trim and use a thick brush just to brush it all away :) if i had a diamond cutting co harvest pack I would trim by hand but they are American and I'm British so its a bloody ball ache to get them over here without having to fuck around with customs.

UK420Show

UK420Show

Most growers will remove alot of the fan leaves at the same time they are flushing the plant it makes sense for the last week for her to have very little fans so you direct most the ph neutral water directly to the buds if you haven't manifolded or what not. :) best done at around the 7th week :) saves you alot of stress with drying and curing when you can just chop it and hang it :) food for thought anyway bro that's a smashing effort for a first grow mine looked nothing like that lol.

Top Bottom