Opinion needed - Is this plant ready for harvest?

• Thread starter methheadman88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
methheadman88

methheadman88

Most growers will remove alot of the fan leaves at the same time they are flushing the plant it makes sense for the last week for her to have very little fans so you direct most the ph neutral water directly to the buds if you haven't manifolded or what not. :) best done at around the 7th week :) saves you alot of stress with drying and curing when you can just chop it and hang it :) food for thought anyway bro that's a smashing effort for a first grow mine looked nothing like that lol.
Thanks for the info man! I still need to get the process dialed in.

Madmax

Madmax

Old timers back in the 80s told me when 3/4s of the hairs are brown you can take them..i usually take indicas to 9 and a bit weeks..have you the zipper open to your tent and light off..trimming the big leaves will get rid of the hay smell.i trim my buds up pretty much straight away...

UK420Show

UK420Show

I like to wait until I see a splash of amber in the trikes I try and get as close to peak thc rating as possible personally. Though everyone grows differently. your welcome pal. I myself will be harvesting next week around 5 plants :) just done a huge defoliate on the first one coming out literally just done it lol will update a 2 pics before and after i am flushing a few at the moment and doing the same to the larger ones lol my fingers are going to be very sticky lol

methheadman88

methheadman88

Trimmed down a lot of the fan leaves as suggested.

Why do my buds look kinda ugly now?

6B477B3F C4F6 42C0 B9CE AF152B31477E
methheadman88

methheadman88

I trim all the sugar leaves up bro .all i have to do is just cut it off the stem.finished.leave it and wait till it drys and retrim..
Does smoking sugar leaves affect the quality? Is it harsher or something?

Madbud

Madbud

Does smoking sugar leaves affect the quality? Is it harsher or something?
Yeah, sugar leaves are the cough but the trim is good for edibles etc. trimming is more art than science, the sugar leaves cut easy but calyx feel spongy, you get a feel for how much to take off. Nice job btw

methheadman88

methheadman88

Thats from chopping too soon, it goes away in the cure if you empty the jars out for a couple minutes the first couple days.
Damn that sucks. I need to get a loupe for the next grow.

Madbud

Madbud

Damn that sucks. I need to get a loupe for the next grow.
Yeah, a loupe or little scope helps but the plant tells you when its ready. As long as she has white hairs shes fertile. After her “menopause” she fattens up, the buds overgrow the fan leaves, lower fans yellow, and the calyx trichome heads are fat and cloudy. Gotta sacrifice a small bud to check that. It takes a couple grows, 60x helps tho.

methheadman88

methheadman88

I smoked a little j of the larf last night. Couldn’t resist haha!

I didn’t trim down the sugar leaves. It wasn’t harsh, but it did leave me with a slight headache at the end.

The high was quite nice and I can tell it’ll be good with a nice trim and cure. It started with a head high and ended with a nice body high. It relieved a lot of pain near my neck and jaw that has been nagging me. I also ended up feeling motivated to open a Spanish textbook and learn.

Madmax

Madmax

I've been growing Black Dog by hso for a few years, I smoke more black dog then probably all other strains in my head stash combined, I've got one starting to flower now, front right
Ive been keen to grow black dog for awhile now..how much do they stretch bro and when would you flip to flower in a 5x4 room.id like to grow atleast 6 or 7 squezzed in there..i want to b able to get say 3-4 ozzies from ea one ..do they take well to tipping...

Cheers max

Top Bottom