Opinions on flushing and when to start

• Thread starter AndyBoi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Some people flush, some people dont. If its yellow let it mellow, right?

im on week seven of flower. White Widow Feminized, crop king seeds. Said to be 8 week flowering period. Based on orange hair quantity, some plants are closer to harvest day than others. Under microscope, they look all pretty similar to my untrained eye. I do plan to flush them kinda. My next/possibly last watering will be PH water no nutes.

Do these plants look like they should be chopped all at the same time?

Im thinking they might be a week from chop, agree?

Do they look consistent in maturity/days from chop?

pictures are kinda at random, I will set up a system next time so I know which tricomes are from which plant.

All input is appreciated.

Much Love 🖖
AndyBoi 👽

Opinions on flushing and when to start
Opinions on flushing and when to start 2
Opinions on flushing and when to start 3
Opinions on flushing and when to start 4
Opinions on flushing and when to start 5
Opinions on flushing and when to start 6
Opinions on flushing and when to start 7
Opinions on flushing and when to start 8
Opinions on flushing and when to start 9
Opinions on flushing and when to start 10
Opinions on flushing and when to start 11
Opinions on flushing and when to start 12
Opinions on flushing and when to start 13
Opinions on flushing and when to start 14
Opinions on flushing and when to start 15
Opinions on flushing and when to start 16
Opinions on flushing and when to start 17
Opinions on flushing and when to start 18
Opinions on flushing and when to start 19
Opinions on flushing and when to start 20
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

From the look of the trichs I think she can go anther week or 2. If you decide to cut her down than you may start flush, flush is usually done 2 weeks before harvest. Plain PHd water. Some growers don't PH when flushing

Ledgrownewby

Ledgrownewby

From the look of the trichs I think she can go anther week or 2. If you decide to cut her down than you may start flush, flush is usually done 2 weeks before harvest. Plain PHd water. Some growers don't PH when flushing
Hey i have a osmose setup since few days and im ready to flush my plants . Can you tell me the best ph and ec ??
If i mix my osmose 50 % with my normal home water 50% i have EC 0,5 m/s and ph 6,3-6,5 its ok for flush??

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

2 weeks! Woop woop. I think I will start to flush. Thank you.

petroleumboy

petroleumboy

Beautiful looking ladies here. Good job.

I'm with @Marzcanna. I think you've got a least a couple of weeks here. I'd be inclined to fertilize once more (if you're within a day or two in your cycle anyways). If you just fertilized in the last days, you're probably best to go to flush.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

I'm with @Marzcanna. I think you've got a least a couple of weeks here. I'd be inclined to fertilize once more (if you're within a day or two in your cycle anyways). If you just fertilized in the last days, you're probably best to go to flush.

they only drink up every 5 or 6 days. So im not sure if i should feed them again. Might give them a final weaker feed tomorrow.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I wouldn’t feed again, especially if your watering cycle is 5-6 days. I would do final waterings and look at runoff ppm to determine need for heavy flush. Otherwise. Normal water from here on out. I would say 10-15 days looking at your trichs.

Mr. G

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Hey i have a osmose setup since few days and im ready to flush my plants . Can you tell me the best ph and ec ??
If i mix my osmose 50 % with my normal home water 50% i have EC 0,5 m/s and ph 6,3-6,5 its ok for flush??

Your range should be good i wouldnt change anything, expect maybe for the last week give them nothing but Osmose to bring the EC even lower

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Id also do the same, one more feed than flush. But thats just an opinion

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Thank you 🙏

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

I like to do a final week water twice ph water only to flush the chop em down.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Do you think overwatering in non-consequential when chop is 1 week away?

also I just ran out of PH up. So i wont be able to PH while flushing. Does this matter? We PH to maintain nutrient/mineral availability. But im flushing all of that out anyway. Thoughts?

I think i might add molasses to my second “flush” keep it nice and sweet 🍭

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

also I just ran out of PH up. So i wont be able to PH while flushing. Does this matter? We PH to maintain nutrient/mineral availability. But im flushing all of that out anyway. Thoughts?

Use banking soda that will bring ph up, in fact ive replaced the ph up and down solutions for banking soda (ph up) and lemon juice (ph down) and saved some cash.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I am currently watering some of mine out the same way. 20% runoff. Ph doesn’t matter.

Mr.G.
I also never bothered with Ph during flush and used to get a good clean product but there were ones that were very harsh even after heavy flush, my friend who was growing for 5 years at the time argued about it, once i started phing flush never had a harsh product again. The theory is that even if you flush with a very low ec, you may not get rid of all the salt build up by the time you chop, by phing you are allowing the plant to eat whatever is still in the soil and helping to further lower the final ec and saving on extra resources such as RO water and solutions to lower ec. As i mention above not everyone phs and i was one of them. But Phing is what helped me get a smoother product, so i recommend phing your flushes or at least try it out, it may or may not work for you. This is applies of cause if your ph is off the range 6.0 - 6.5

Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Flushing and harshness will be argued forever.
my personal opinion is the drying and curing process is more important when it comes to flavour and harshness.
let the plant consume what it has in its system for the final10 days. Maybe some molasses or bud candy. That’s it.

Mr.G

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Flushing and harshness will be argued forever.
my personal opinion is the drying and curing process is more important when it comes to flavour and harshness.
let the plant consume what it has in its system for the final10 days. Maybe some molasses or bud candy. That’s it.

Mr.G
Totally agree with you that curing plays the biggest role in flavour and harshness

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter

Don't pH your water when flushing. I don't know why people do this. The point of flushing is to stop the plant from getting nutrients. The point of pHing your water is to allow your plant to get the nutrients. It's counter productive and wastes pH solution and time.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Don't pH your water when flushing. I don't know why people do this. The point of flushing is to stop the plant from getting nutrients. The point of pHing your water is to allow your plant to get the nutrients. It's counter productive and wastes pH solution and time.
Ph solution can easily be substituted with home alternatives if thats a problem. Some ph some dont its a forever argument as stated above, i never phd before, now i do. Same goes for those who skip flush all together saying its pointless and has no benefits, i disagree, I want my medium to be fully depleted of nutes especially if im going to run it again, why not have your plant use up what ever is left of nutes while you flush?

Last edited:
Top Bottom