Opinions on pruning!

• Thread starter GeneticFreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GeneticFreak

I'm in week 3 of flower and need to do a bunch of trimming up. I have dense foliage that is robbing my tops. Can I trim without shocking em or should I leave em alone?

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Your fine pulling out fan leaves that crowd each other or pulling off sucker branches down below the canopy will give better air circulation and will focus all the plants energy up to the top of the plant were ya want it. I constantly prune and trim my plants during flower and if I'm not working with too large a number of plants ill strip nearly all the fan leaves by the last week or two as much of the plants energy goes into bud formation. Everyone kinda has there own way of doing things that feels right. But to awnser your question your totally fine pruning em up just don't go over board.

Otto

P

paulycali

Do not remove any of the upper growth

If any just the lower part of the plant

You can remove the upper leaves but not until the final week or so upon harvesting

Only pulling leaves off the bottom of the plant is ok not the top

Good luck :)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I am not a big fan of trimming but some time you need to do it. Just don't get to crazy trimming, the large fan leaves are the gas tanks for the plant so go easy.

G

GeneticFreak

I am not a big fan of trimming but some time you need to do it. Just don't get to crazy trimming, the large fan leaves are the gas tanks for the plant so go easy.

Thanks for all the responses! My main concern is the bottom where light can't reach. There's some fairly thick branches that need to be removed and I wanna make sure I can cut them without shocking them. I will remove fan leaves on a need to basis. Thanks again farmers!

G

GeneticFreak

I started trimming the bottoms last night and its crazy in there. There's so much to trim off I feel its never ending. UC is a mutant producer! I can't wait to see them in full bloom! Thanks for all the help guys!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

This whats mine look like
boom_shakkalakka_013.JPG

Keep chopping

M

MT Farmer

topping/defoliating in bloom!???!

Rocking a 12xxxl 12 days in---check her out!!!

top?

i know I am going to clean up about 12 inches up the bottom and defoliate at week 4...yay or nay?

topping and defoliating times, anyone!?

LOVE MY BEAST UC TREES!!

DSCN1570 480x640
DSCN1573 640x480
Top Bottom