Opinions on the spider farmer SF 4000

• Thread starter Steve705
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steve705

Steve705

Light looks pretty ligit to me. I have a 5x5 space to fill. To be honest anything I get will be better then the COB lights I have now. Want to purchase something decent. Also want to go the “quantum board”. route. This light seems pretty good to me. A little pricy but I figured they would be. What you guys think ? Would it be better to go with 1x SF4000 or go with 2 smaller ones for better light coverage. Or would it be better to get a different type kind of light

dward

dward

What kind of strains r u growing. I have a really low power secret jadrin bloom spectrum led and the results are varied depending on the strain and nutrients. It will work with some landrace better like the ones u get from ACE seeds, not advertising them just thats what worked with me. Was a strain I made with banghi haze x CBD diesel orange bud, it works really well under blue light with organic nutrients.

T

Tas8418

Look up the thread “quantum boards???” There’s some good info and a super cheap option. I have a spider farmer 2000 and they have a link to a light almost identical for half the price.

Dusted

Dusted

Look up the thread “quantum boards???” There’s some good info and a super cheap option. I have a spider farmer 2000 and they have a link to a light almost identical for half the price.
Hi how are you I can’t find that thread do you still have it

Nugg

Nugg

If you are starting out..try and stay away from all board type lights..the coverage sucks...go with bar lights...USA products are expensive as all hell way over priced...look at Alibaba...and yes for a 5×5 you'll need two lights for flower..idc what led light you get...

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

If you are starting out..try and stay away from all board type lights..the coverage sucks...go with bar lights...USA products are expensive as all hell way over priced...look at Alibaba...and yes for a 5×5 you'll need two lights for flower..idc what led light you get...

My first serious LED is/was a 6 bar grow light. I love it and use it to this day, but, as you mentioned they are pricey.

I certainly wouldn't try to save a couple hundred bucks buying from Alibaba. You're more likely to piss away your initial investment within a year

2 SF SF 2000s aren't that wide and can be run lengthwise, or side by side in a much smaller space than most bar lights

From the looks and quality parts, one should easily get a very high return on their purchase

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Not true by any means. But yes, alibaba Is a good site to check out, not sure how shipping is currently but I did speak to vivi @ kingbrite and she said it’s an additional 4-5buisness days. But to each their own. Happy grows.🌱

Nugg

Nugg

Not true by any means. But yes, alibaba Is a good site to check out, not sure how shipping is currently but I did speak to vivi @ kingbrite and she said it’s an additional 4-5buisness days. But to each their own. Happy grows.🌱
Nothing about my opinion is wrong..4 yrs.and 10 led lights..I think I can offer a good opinion..stick to his post..and here.great light
Screenshot 20200331 103855

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I know. You’re probably an awesome grower I just don’t agree with your opinion of ALL boards are junk. That’s it. Have a good day brotha.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
What version of quantum boards did you try? How far were they spaced apart?

Anthem

Anthem

There is nothing wrong with the quantum boards. They will produce flower. Everyone has their own opinion about LED lights and everyone including myself seems to think they are an expert. The fact of the matter is, use what works best for your needs.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
There is nothing wrong with the quantum boards. They will produce flower. Everyone has their own opinion about LED lights and everyone including myself seems to think they are an expert. The fact of the matter is, use what works best for your needs.
I fully agree. But for @Nugg to say "If you are starting out..try and stay away from all board type lights..the coverage sucks" when he/she has only used mars and vispar blurple boards is not very good advice for somebody starting out. Quantum boards are night a day difference from the older blurple style and do provide a very good coverage imo. Nothing wrong with newer strip or bar style lighting either.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I just seen where you posted you have only ran mars and vispar blurple type boards in another thread, so my question has been answered.

Anthem

Anthem

I fully agree. But for @Nugg to say "If you are starting out..try and stay away from all board type lights..the coverage sucks" when he/she has only used mars and vispar blurple boards is not very good advice for somebody starting out. Quantum boards are night a day difference from the older blurple style and do provide a very good spread imo. Nothing wrong with newer strip or bar style lighting either.
Like I mentioned everyone seems to be an expert when it comes to LED tech. There is nothing wrong with the quantum boards, I personnel onw none. But the numbers do not lie. It really is funny how we all become experts at LED's. Most informative item I have seen in the last year regarding light and cannabis is the Bruce Buggey guy on UTube. He is associated with Apogee and breaks it down to exactly what the plant needs. If you want to get scientific and get the most out of the plant follow his advise.

Anthem

Anthem

I just seen where you posted you have only ran mars and vispar blurple type boards in another thread, so my question has been answered.
It is honestly just a lack of knowledge. Everyone does their own research and when they are done they believe they have made the best choice and their is no one going to change their mind. I seriously doubt that that 900 watt LED puts out a true 900 watts. I use Gavita and Growers Choice. Gavitas are as true 646 at the wall, growers choice is 680 at the wall. They cannot be run at 100 percent until the plant is well into flower and about 24" from the canopy. To go from a burple light to a 900 watt LED 12" from tops would burn the crap out of the plant if it was a true 900 watts at the wall.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I posted this way back in November. Well I went for it and got 2 x SF 4000’s and put them in a 8x4 tent. I harvested 2.5 lbs from 6 plants. Here are a couple pictures of my results. Strain is Cinderella 99 FAST.
p.s the lights definitely work good haha
Very beautiful. I have a sf1000 but am looking to add a sf2000 as well. Likening the results thus far and looking forward to watching my babies grow. That’s for the pics and clarification.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Like I mentioned everyone seems to be an expert when it comes to LED tech. There is nothing wrong with the quantum boards, I personnel onw none. But the numbers do not lie. It really is funny how we all become experts at LED's. Most informative item I have seen in the last year regarding light and cannabis is the Bruce Buggey guy on UTube. He is associated with Apogee and breaks it down to exactly what the plant needs. If you want to get scientific and get the most out of the plant follow his advise.

I have really never watched anything on youtube before except for a couple times when i was repairing something around the house, but was curious who this guy was. No hits on Bruce Buggey, but it showed hits on a guy named Bruce Bugbee from apogee. Guessing thats who you meant.

Anthem

Anthem

I have really never watched anything on youtube before except for a couple times when i was repairing something around the house, but was curious who this guy was. No hits on Bruce Buggey, but it showed hits on a guy named Bruce Bugbee from apogee. Guessing thats who you meant.
Sorry about the spelling that is the guy. If you take the time to listen to the whole video it pretty much tells you exactly how much light the cannabis plant can take in for a single day broken down by MOL's. Once you start to get to the numbers he is talking about things kind of start to change. Nutrient up take goes up and you basically have to add CO2 to keep up with the plants growth. It is funny because I am in the room sometimes and you can really tell when the girls are putting on weight just by the amount of times between the CO2 going on and off.

Top Bottom