Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Thursday fellow farmers, Normally don't post midweek but it's football night with the home team being the broncos. A big hello to XTC, and SpiderK for stopping in. I just have to say I feel that our plants love treating us right, because we treat them right back. Its been a fun challenge learning how to use your space right.
Here is a current shot of the bloom cellar.
Group

I just have to say the lumitek 600 bulb and ballast kicks butt in conjunction using Orca GrowFilm. Here is a little info on the sheeting.
ORCA Grow Film® provides the following unique advantages over traditional reflective foils:
  • 99% Diffuse Surface: Microfiber structure creates even light distribution across material surface regardless of incident angle of light. The resulting isotropic surface luminance eliminates hot spots and does not require surface to be hung flat during installation.
    - Diffuse vs. Specular and Why diffuse reflection matters.
  • Highly Reflective Surface: Measured at 94% reflectivity across the full visible light spectrum. ORCA Grow Film® is the highest performing reflective surface in the hydroponic industry.
    - Performance comparison
    - What does full visible light spectrum mean and why does it matter?

• Thermally Reflecting: High infrared reflectance keeps heat where it should be. (More)

• 100% Light Tight.
  • No Color Shift or Iridescence: Light reflected from surface maintains the original color wavelength so you get the full spectrum from your lamps. (More)

• Durable, puncture and tear resistance: 11 mil thick
  • Waterproof Washable & cleanable with common household cleaners:
  • Mold and algae growth resistant.
  • UV Protected and Stable: Blocks out harmful UV light with wavelength below 400nm, material does not yellow. (More)

• Recyclable eco-friendly material containing no halogens, plasticizers or VOCs.
  • Made in USA
Next I have to say the MYC02 box has really helped. I'm finishing in a very small old cellar. After adding the C02 box the air quality has improved greatly and the plants responded! $30.00 for six months is well worth it. Here is my mounting.
Co2

To finish I wanted to share my odor control. I'm using two methods, First is Ozone, I run a small generator with lights on only.
Ozone

Plus I use Ona, Currently I have two, one gallon buckets running. A shot of the cellar bucket.
Ona

Go Broncos!:)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Happy Monday and a good Halloween week to all , Finally supposed to freeze tonight here in Denver. Did a basic final outside harvest of our veggies over the weekend. Hello ClassV, Thank You very much for the kind words. It means a lot!
I do need to make a correction. I just noticed that I said the MyC02 box was good for six months. I meant to say sixty days for $30.00. Speaking of that I need to note that we are already on day 46 of 60 on the C02 generator box. Time to order another.
Here are the girls. I took these shots yesterday wanting to update but ran out of time. This morning was there every 4 day feeding. Plus today was also there every 12 day SubCultures dose. Lets start with our OG#18. She has already doubled her height in a week. Took another cutting of her a couple days back because the cutting we had is just not doing well. Too good of a plant to lose!
18 1

18 3

Second is or Diesel Paki Mix, Two weeks in bloom and very healthy.
KWD 1

KWD 2

KWD 3

Third is our AK landrace by World of Seeds three weeks bloom. We purchased this five years ago and want to note that this current plant would be a perfect breeder based on all aspects but I love her just as she is. Wild, Bushy, Sticky, and bubblegum smell!:)
AK 1

AK 2

AK 3

AK 4

And to finish again this week the two high CBD girls. Have to say after a small taste test by dehydration. Both are interesting. First I have to say the Utopia Dreams is fun. A very sour but fun flavor, and great high. The Critical Cure has a fruity flavor, and a very slow developing high. We bought these two strains based on using more medicinal then rec.
Here is Utopia dreams. I have to say this girl rocks. I love the sour taste and killer buzz! Will continue growing her for now. And note she will be topped ongoing. Taking her in few more days.
UD 1

UD 2

UD 3

UD 4

UD 5

And last is the Critical Cure. Developing an amazing glow. Close to taking her too.
CC 1

CC 2

CC 3

CC 4

May it be a spooky week for All!:)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Saturday and first day of November, Hope everyone had a good Halloween. Here it was carving pumpkins and cooking the seeds here. I love indulging on them this time of year. It's going to be a very busy work week so I'm posting a day early.
Me and the wife decided to pop a couple strains to compliment our current grow. Plus wanted to re inventory our seeds at the same time. First we decided to go for another Blue Terra by Bodhi. Finished out two other girls, but just not totally happy with end result. Second is Redneck T-n-T from Motarebel . This is a great grab bag mix of multiple strain combo's. I've finished out one out of the mix so far. I'll give it a seven on a scale of ten. It was still a fun grow. Our seeds and future babes.:)
Seeds

Seeds 2
Here are the bloom girls. Lets start with our OG#18. Two weeks in bloom and already 25 inches tall from six and just starting to bud. No nute issues with this girl so far.
18 1

18 2

18 3

18 4

18 5

Second is our Diesel by Paki three weeks bloom tomorrow. She really knows how to fill in.
KWD 1

KWD 2

KWD 3

KWD 4

Next is our AK! A rock candy girl. Thinned her some today.
AK 1

AK 2

AK 3

AK 4

And to finish is our Critical Cure nine weeks finished. Cutting her in two days.
CC 2

CC 3

CC 4

Cheers All!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Monday to all, Thanks for stopping in SNTS1, andRG420. It's a pleasure to share with all the great farmers here.:) Back to the plants. Here is a current shot of the nursery. Popped the two seeds a week ago and only one spouted. the Motarebel seed did not sprout so I planted another in the same pot a couple days back to try again. This is the second dud seed out of the Redneck T-n-T pack.
Nursery

Here is a shot of the Critical Cure finishing drying. Just jarred her up this morning. I have to say that we are really pleased with both the high CBD strains we have. Both are very balanced for taste and high.

Tray

Here are the tree current bloom girls starting with OG#18 three weeks in 12's. Super cropped and thinned her a few days back. She is going to have a great canopy now.

18 1

18 2

18 3

18 4

18 5

Second we have our Diesel by Landrace Pakistan four weeks in 12's. My easiest plant to grow. Nothing phases her.
Kwd 1

Kwd 3

Kwd 4

Kwd 5

Kwd 6

And to finish here in our Landrace AK five weeks bloom. Filling in very nice now.
Ak 1

Ak 2

Ak 3

Ak 4

Ak 5

Good week and stay warm. Here comes winter!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Howdy fellow farmers, Updating a couple days late this week. Found out this last week that I was not quite ready to maintain proper temps in the nursery with extreme temps outside. Problem solved with a small oil filled radiator dedicated to the nursery. I had planted a Motarebel T-N-T seed that spouted when the cold snap hit. It's pot became too cold and molded, killing the baby. All the others are doing fine.

Here is the Blue Tara baby the I planted a couple weeks back finally moving along.
BT

The wife wanted to start some more seeds and dug out a couple of our own Fem mixes. One is Purple by Purple by Paki. The other is Red Dragon by Northern Lights by Big Bud.
NEWBYS

Moved two plants into 12's Sunday. More of our high CBD strains.
CBDS

Next is our OG#18 four weeks in 12's. This is at this time my favorite in our garden. I almost lost her to this last week. Had already taken cuttings that did not take. I'm pretty sure my cloning gel lost its activity. So now I get to re veg a couple of new cuttings. Replaced the old bottle of gel plus added a new product. Got some Mad Farmers, Be One for soil drench. Here is the product info.
B 1 1

B 1 2

Here are my two new OG#18 cuttings.
18 CUTTINGS 2

Back to the blooming girl. Four weeks this past Sunday. Developing nicely
18 1

18 2

18 3

Here is our Diesel by Paki girl 5 weeks bloom.
KWD 1

KWD 2

KWD 3

And to finish, Here is AK at 6 weeks. She is going to water only.
AK 1

AK 2

AK 3

Good Week!:)

Orcaman

Orcaman

They all look great! I'm really diggin' that AK
Happy Saturday all, Thanks for the dropping in CBDEMON. That is some awesome looking shatter you made. I just have bubble bags for hash.:) Want to say that I'm really digging our AK too. Today is harvest day for her 56 days bloom. Took a branch a week ago and have to say Awesome! A 10 in my books. I love her fruity taste and long lasting eye closing high. Our most knock out stain at this time. This will be great for us when insomnia sets in. Here she is this morning ready for trimming.
AK 1

AK 2

AK 3

AK 4

AK 5

I'll update more tomorrow.
Good Day!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good last day of November, Here is the update on the other plants wanting to share. Lets start with our Blue Tara. This plant has much shorter fatter leaves then the others. Now please be a girl!
Blue Tara

Here are the bloom girls. First we get right back to the start of this journal. So much for not perpetual growing.:) Here is my new KingsBlood. Mendo Purps by Jaffa Cake. A nice cutting put in 12's today.
KingsBlood

Next are the next round of the high CBD girls two week in. Very healthy.
CBDs

Next in OG#18 six weeks 12's. She get so dark and leathery while building the best buds I have ever tasted. Likes to go 65 days plus.
OG18 1

OG18 2

OG18 3

OG18 4

Last is our Diesel by Paki mix seven weeks 12's. She is really working on bud growth.
KWD 1

KWD 3

KWD 4

Cheers!

Last edited:
ClassV

ClassV

Amazing work, Orca. Have you grown the OG18 before? Has it presented any unusual challenges?

Orcaman

Orcaman

Amazing work, Orca. Have you grown the OG18 before? Has it presented any unusual challenges?
Hey ClassV, Thanks for stopping in again. We have been growing this plant now for four years and have to say my biggest challenge in our garden. First is PH, She likes a higher PH level then most of our girls. I try to keep her right 6.3 level. Second, She is a very hard cloner. Recently I lost two cuttings of her and now trying to reveg two new cutting to save her as I have no more seeds. Third, She is a very finicky feeder but tolerates what the other girls are feeding on. I do not make nute adjustments just for her. She is not the prettiest grow girl but awesome tasting and great high. I love your Sour OG, Can't wait to hear how she tastes.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Saturday all! It was harvest day yesterday for our Diesel by Paki girl at 55 days old. Now that I have cycled through most of my keepers I need to note some ongoing issues. First is having to finish my plants in the cellar of our rental I have no way to constantly supply fresh air. I'm sure that the browning on leaf edges is from stagnate air build up. To make things worse is the very low humidity here in Colorado. It is magnifying the browning issue. When harvesting yesterday I was surprised how crispy the leaves were. Next is the soil that I'm currently using. I've been using Pro mix with no issues. Last time I had to get soil the guy at the grow store suggested trying Fox Farms Lucky Dog cube and I did. This stuff has the same issues as Ocean Forest. The PH level is at there classic 6.8 so it takes a few feedings to stabilize making the plants instantly unhappy. At least it is almost gone!:)
Here is a few shots from yesterday. This is one of our most smelly and eye burning when cutting down.
KWD 1

KWD 2

KWD 3

Hope it's a great weekend for ALL!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Again im left with the 1 word... WOW!!!

Your killin it Orcaman! ID loveeeeeeeee to run some of your meds and bathe my self in the oil ;)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Howdy All, Finishing up my log this week. A very busy day at work tomorrow. All I can say there is. Thank you lord for letting me be my own boss.:)
Here are three new seedlings started. All three are fem mixes from unexpected pollination. Lets just say a few nanners from the past! One of my best strains came from a light leak.:) Left to right, First is Purple by AK by Yumbolt Breeders are Ceres seeds Purple, and World of seeds AK by Yumbolt. Second is Acapulco Gold by Skunk 11
Breeders are Barney Farm AG, and Dutch Passion Skunk 11. Third is Red Dragon by Northern Lights by Big Bud. Breeders are Barney Farm RD and World of Seeds NLBB.
BABES

Here is our new KingsBlood . She should be a better yielder then last time.
KB

Next are the high CBD girls. Very healthy at this time. A couple of weeks in.
Utopia Dreams
UD

Here is Critical Cure and what a tree this time.
CC

Last is our OG 18 seven weeks in. This is our Christmas girl!:)
18 1

18 2

18 3

Good Day!

Top Bottom