Oregon Purple Thai (OPT)

• Thread starter Ulysses
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Ulysses

Some may recall the brief 'Blue' phase that Team Reeferman went through a while back... Sooner or later, all breeders go there! Interesting things resulted...

One of the cuts he worked with was Oregon Purple Thai (Highland Oaxacan Gold x Chocolate Thai) a precurser to some of DJ Short's strains...

OPT is a poorly structured, sometimes weak Thai hybrid with an electric but good feeling positive attitude unique buzz that may merit further development...

Reef, do you still have access to the cut? Is anyone preserving or working the OPT?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I still have the Potent P seeds and run it from time to time , You need to be willing to got thru mutants and some slow growth but you will come across something very nice

B

budkatz

We tried the potent purple as well, and had a couple of really good ones. Been quite a while since I've seen this around here. I recall some hermi's, but overall, pretty damn good smoke. Seems like a lot of Thai hybrids are touchy and hermi fairly often. I'd like to try that Dutch Master Reverse on some of these genetically predisposed hermi trait plants and see if we can get past that problem.

N

Nirrity

RM catalogues suggest to use blue spectrum fluoros to help cut through OPT mutancy. It seems no one ever tried this. I think some actinic lamp, like Philips /03 series would help a lot.
Does anyone can compare Flo/F13 witn Potent Purple in terms of high? I wonder how the buzz differs

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

=> Cue Naughty By Nature- O.P.P

Naughty By Nature: "You down with O.P.T., yea you know me"

LOL

S

Swerve

man opt was so finiky wowzer.. she idnt like nutes only water. she didnt like light was the weirdest plant to grow but wow what a killer high...

M

myst

I grew the Potent Purple too. I found a nice pheno that kinda reminds me of DJs Flo. The only problem i was having with the PP was cloning, she was a lil bitchy. You needed to train it around a tomato cage or a screen setup to help your yields too.

G

greenbamboo

i tossed a bunch of SENOR GARCIA pollen, panama red + OPT, around my bloom room a few years ago. right now growing out (c99* nycd) + SG and, kings kross + SG. still early veg, verigation is still there but growing out of it now. KK look the best so far

4 Dragons

4 Dragons

i tossed a bunch of SENOR GARCIA pollen, panama red + OPT, around my bloom room a few years ago. right now growing out (c99* nycd) + SG and, kings kross + SG. still early veg, verigation is still there but growing out of it now. KK look the best so far

How did you like the Senor Garcia? I still have a pack of that in storage.

K

kev3232

anyone have pictures of this strain

I'm looking for some pics too!! Just grabbed a pack of the potent purple... I'd love a blue strain that actually has has a kick to it, so really looking forward to this one

F

Fred Norris

sounds good , i'd love to have a crack at it. re-release maybe?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I smoked some killer outdoor OPT a few months back, super badass smoke..grown in the PWN

Tex

convex

convex

I missed out on the Senior Garcia when it was available - wonder if Reef still has the parentals to that cross, sure would like to see it come around again!

C

chuckyoufarley

i have a pack of OPT X PANAMA RED mabee i should crack a few for my outdoor .but im in upstate ny so i dont know if they will finish properly

N

Nirrity

Darken them if unsure, I think that will be quite simple if you're gonna crack only a few...

R

Reeferman

I have a very limited number of female opt x bb sats that will be auctioned .
The opt pissed me off so much I wanted her dead , I am over my hatred now but don't want to regain that level of distain for a cultivar again soon .
To produce quality nuggets but pass on a horrible mutation is more than I will except from a p-1 as many of you know this is why blueberry changed for a long while remember there was pre-96 bb than DJ "rediscovered BB from new genetic lines "
Than recently he came out with True blueberry I totally understand why the new genetic lines were used because of the mutation prone Bitch hiding in genetic woodpile of the old line I think that DJ might have used a different line totally in the newest true bb also I am unsure however I have a feeling that a half sibling of Old time moonshine was used .
The last time I saw DJ was when Jason king took his photo's for the last cannabible at reefer ranch he actually gave me a nice selection of his buds by far my fav was old time moonshine .

I can not recall the exact direction he mentioned he had taken with the True BB line ?
When I first met the man I had the most awsome looking example of OPT i had ever had that was grown in a greenhouse in winter on Van Island .
Reef

N

Nirrity

...The opt pissed me off so much I wanted her dead , I am over my hatred now but don't want to regain that level of distain for a cultivar again soon...
The only question I would like to ask you (if you don't mind) does OPT high really worth its mutancy? There are some hardcore folks who claim Flo (F-13) to be one of the most delightful paranoia free sativa highs despite any mutancy/low yields drawbacks.
...by far my fav was old time moonshine...
Quite confusing since you are sativa head!

R

Reeferman

I did not find old time moonshine to have a indica high at all the other lacked flavor IMOP if the high was worth the mutant traits I would not have killed her .
RM

Top Bottom