Organic Flower top dress

• Thread starter mrbong73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

i believe just the top dress of the quality EWC will suffice.
and the other stuff is good and everything but maybe already have it in the soil, same with EWC, but in the final push, don't be without your EWC topdress.
god i love this stuff
peace mogorw

spacebomb

spacebomb

Is it normal for it to sometimes stink a bit?. Its only been bubbling for aprox .36,hours and it smells a bit funky. . I used 12 litres of water, ewc, liquid seaweed ,bit of canna boost accalorator ,root juice and great white powder .Some molasses. ITS GOT A HUGE FOAMY HEAD THAT IVE READ ON HERE IS A GOOD THING .. I WAS JUST HAVING A TEST. Should i pour it down the toilet? Or add some de, humidifier water and let it bubble a DAY more pls?? . :-) thanks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To me 36hrs is too long for an ACT, 12-24 is more appropriate, otherwise it may begin to stink. Read Capulator's sticky on foaming in teas. I wouldn't be surprised if you're brewing anaerobic microbes if it's stinking. However, even if my teas stink to hell I don't pour them down the toilet, they go on trees, other landscape, something out in the open and AWAY from the house.

waayne

waayne

Is it normal for it to sometimes stink a bit?. Its only been bubbling for aprox .36,hours and it smells a bit funky. . I used 12 litres of water, ewc, liquid seaweed ,bit of canna boost accalorator ,root juice and great white powder .Some molasses. ITS GOT A HUGE FOAMY HEAD THAT IVE READ ON HERE IS A GOOD THING .. I WAS JUST HAVING A TEST. Should i pour it down the toilet? Or add some de, humidifier water and let it bubble a DAY more pls?? . :) thanks.

Foam is not a definitive indicator of a quality ACT
If it smells funky I wouldn't use it on my Cannabis garden.....I'd use it on tree's or shrubs..properly brewed ACT does not smell funky....... it should smell earthy and a bit sweet like molasses

Sea is right on point about the brew time,if you're brewing 36 hours there's a possibility the dissolved oxygen levels may have dropped below optimum levels and that you're now brewing an anaerobic tea......

Personally I wouldn't add the Great White until the end of the brew

spacebomb

spacebomb

I would but theres No trees wdere i Live. And i really DONT wanna lug THAT stinky ass shit 10 miles 2 the nearest tree. :-) ill ditch it. Thank you for the speedy reply seamaiden. :-)

spacebomb

spacebomb

Im looking for SOMETHING that WILL increase the root zone . I need it PRETTY HUGE for these new big pots. Im out of supersoil :( aaahhh . So i guess im looking for a real expensive bottle of? God knows WHAT. I hoped the great white would be. ,great, :-). But Its not seeming so great like. ..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
OGBiowar. Mycorrhizae, beneficial bacteria & microbes, that's what you want. But, if you're using those in conjunction with high concentrations of chemical salt fertilizers, guess what you're doing. Throwing good money after bad because those fertilizers kill those microbes.

spacebomb

spacebomb

Hey sea. I use great white. And run an organic garden ...I emulate subbcool as much as I can in regards to my own garden. I STILL DON'T GET A ROOT BOUND PLANT IN MY 7. gals. I bubble the water for at least 24 hours. Use a few spoon fulls of work. W. C aswell. And I still get a lot of unused dirt left. Not even seen a root some. :-)
OGBiowar. Mycorrhizae, beneficial bacteria & microbes, that's what you want. But, if you're using those in conjunction with high concentrations of chemical salt fertilizers, guess what you're doing. Throwing good money after bad because those fertilizers kill those microbes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hm... well... you should be getting roots. Maybe emulation of another grower might be in order.

To the best of my knowledge GW is pretty expensive. I have no idea how effective it is, but I've done some of my own experiments with the various myco/microbial inoculants such as Dr. Earth, Roots Oregonism, Humboldt Down to Earth (worthless, gotta double check the name on that, it's that worthless), Mykos (great product, spendy), and the OGBiowar.

The OGBiowar so far is the easiest to work with and produces the most consistent results, with the Mykos/Roots Oregonism coming in a close second. Dr. Earth is readily available, even at the supermarket now, and while it's a complete fertilizer (read: filler?), it WORKS and it works well. So well that the first time I used it I mixed it into a batch of soil as directed, but I did it on a canvas painter's tarp. I left it for two weeks, went to turn it and the tarp bottom was GONE. Completely eaten by the microbes. I got in some trouble, oh man!

Either way, as far as the microbes are concerned, if you're dumping chemical salt ferts on top of them and the concentrations are high enough, you're killing them. P especially is deadly to mycorrhizae at concentrations higher than 10%, IIRC.

spacebomb

spacebomb

Haha. Strong microbes. :-) I'll try sommet new
and yeah it's dear stuff. For a small bit. I'm gonna give caps bennies, the ROOT, NUT EX, +FOLIAR PACKS SO IT SHOULD BE GOOD IN THINKING.? . I've heard all the noise peeps on the farm are making so that is enough for me to try it. :-).

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, I wanted to see how it would perform for me before saying anything about it. I haven't completed a grow using the OGBiowar, but I plan on it. In the meantime I've been doing the experiments, as I mentioned--stuff like seed germination rates, cloning rates, dealing with issues like fungus gnats. Once I could see how well it performs for me in comparison to other products I've tried, I figured it's time to speak up. :)

spacebomb

spacebomb

Well thank you for sharing your own tests. Really helps to have great growers. And people to help me, :-) thanks sea, :-)

urbanfog

urbanfog

they sell the dr. earth locally here at 10 per bag. Been thinking of giving it a go after my bin of amended soil/coco is gone. Ive heard good stuff about it, never tried it though

spacebomb

spacebomb

Lol. That's what I'm gonna do. I've got about 3 7,gal pots left and I'm switching it up like you man. I wish I could get some of the same thing s as u guys. .. :-), n gals. :-) ha. Iv been looking for FREAKING insect frass for. OVER A YEAR. WE, HAVE TO BUY WOT WERE GIVEN HERE MAN. USUALLY. CHEMS. I USE ANY NUTES I NEED IN TEAS, FISH BLOOD AND BONE, BONEMEAL ETC. E. W. C AND GUANO, A. :-) WORKS GOOD. I'D LIKE IT IF U CAN TELL ME WHAT IS IN THE ALFALFA TEA THAT YOU SAID THAT YOU USE FOR A GOOD SWELL. ETC. SORRY DUDE, I DID TELL YOU THAT I'M NOT REALLY SCIENCY
:-) LOL. TA MAN.

urbanfog

urbanfog

lol, all I do for my alphy tea is soak alfalfa pellets (about 1 1/2 cups per 5 gallon bucket) soak 7-? days stirring daily. then as needed I strain off the "pulp" and dilute it with ph'd water (1 cup alfy to 1 gallon water) then I water and sometimes foliar with it. You can add other stuff to your brew (EWC, guano, etc) if you want, but I dont due to my ferts seem to be complete, all I am looking for in the alfalfa is the triacontanol (growth stimulator). This is a good break down of the benefits from "guano" here on the farm.
Alfalfa ingredients:

* Triacontanol (growth stimulant)
* Vitamin A (high concentration)
* Thiamine
* Riboflavin
* Pantothenic Acid
* Niacin
* Pyridoxine
* Choline
* Bentaine
* Folic Acid
* co-enzymes
* Crude proteins (16 - 25% in dry alfalfa)

Amino acids (% in alfalfa meal).

* Tryptophan, 0.3 %
* Aspartic Acid, 2.3%
* Threonine, 1.0 %
* Serine, 1.0%
* Glutamic Acid, 2.7%
* Proline, 1.2%
* Glycine, 1.1%
* Alanine, 1.1%
* Cystine, 0.2%
* Valine, 1.0%
* Methionine, 0.3%
* Isoleucine, 0.8%
* Leucine, 1.6%
* Tyrosine, 0.5%
* Phenylalanine, 1.0%
* Histidine, 0.4%
* Lysine, Total, 1.1%
* Arginine, 1.1%

Minerals (contained in dry alfalfa)

* Nitrogen 3.75-5.5 %
* Potassium .75 - 3.5 %
* Phosphorus .3 - .7%
* Calcium 1 - 2 %
* Magnesium .30 - 1 %
* Sulphur .2 - .5 %
* Manganese 30-200 ppm
* Iron 20-250 ppm
* Boron 20-80 ppm
* Copper 5-20 ppm
* Zinc 20-70 ppm

And sorry OP, back to your topic :D Sorry to jump on your thread :(

urbanfog

urbanfog

after all the liquid is gone I compost the remaining "goo"
and my chickens like it too ;P

BE AWARE ---------My family has termed the alfy tea as "POOP WATER" it does smell! be aware lol

spacebomb

spacebomb

Sounds simple. Well I'll let you know what happens with mine eh.. this will be a good tea for the thread anyway, :-) pretty sure he'll be happy with another great chime in. :-)

Top Bottom