Organic Flushing Thoughts??

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

was wondering when using organic nute do u guys try to get a % of run off when watering the girls

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

keep going yellow on me not sure whats up looks like N def but when feed almost over night looks like N tox with the tips pointing down then at worst gets lil brown spots and die this happen allover the plant not just the light weak leafs sheading with age

fatawa

fatawa

I kno yur not a noob either mama but what r u bringing ph down to?u too high to catch yur "n"?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

6.5-7ph always I went to take a pic but bat is dead so got it on the charge now

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

What nutes are u using? Calcium could be the cause of the spots popping into up but if your using a Cal mag then that shouldn't happen

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sounds like salt buildup which tends to lock out mag and or calcium and show alternating toxicity/ deficiency in nitrogen and maybe potassium.

I always use at least 15% runoff to ensure any left over salts are washed out. And I mix in 20% perlite to make sure it all drains easily.

Also the nutes in the soil are left out of balance after some have been uptaken by the plant so when you pour a fresh mixture in it the runoff insures the new saturation is the correct ratio.

Little wordy answer for a runoff percentage but I hope it helps explain why we need runoff.

And with doing this if I get the feed strength right I never need to leach (flush) my pots even with 12 weekers.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I use earth juice with Epsom salt kicker but I try my best to not over do the Epsom salt and that is mostly used only in veg when I have some mag fading

Top Bottom