Organic Growing Outdoor What Is Flushing Do I Need Too? If I Only Use Water

• Thread starter waltthizzney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I lts possible I'm missin out on something with flushing, but I've only added rain water, an that's it, never crossed my mind, rarely unhappy.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

what way do the roots go when below ground? Left right down, angles, I would think it they were real big u would have to go past the drip line of the plant/tree? How much water would be used I wonder?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Shore nuff gonna take a whole lotta water to cleanse this girl.

If you think you're going to want to remove something from your soil or your plant, don't put it in the soil in the first place. You can get great results letting nature do its thing.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

Shore nuff gonna take a whole lotta water to cleanse this girl.View attachment 631629
If you think you're going to want to remove something from your soil or your plant, don't put it in the soil in the first place. You can get great results letting nature do its thing.
your back would really be out for the count doing all that. Good stuff sir. Stay healthy!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're loading up your plant with ferts, aka overfeeding, yeah, maybe you're going to see a difference between flushed and non-flushed product. I personally have never grown that way, because of a few reasons, not the least of which is it simply makes no sense to me. In my opinion, if you're working towards pushing your plants "to the max!" then you're wasting money, likely using hydro shop-sourced fertilizers and just generally tossing the dough-ray-me out the window.

Add precious water waste on top of that? No thank you!

I've used salt-based fertilizers as well, and guess what I don't have to do because of how I manage my fertilizer use.

Either way, from almost the very beginning, from the very first time I was steered SO fucking wrong on a grow by someone who claimed themselves an expert, I've looked not to the cannabis world for my information, but to actual agriculture. That's where the rubber meets the road. Cannabis cultivation has a ways to go before everyone understands that, but I know a few who are there already. Guess what they don't spend time and money and water doing.

Jakkolantern

Jakkolantern

No, we do not flush ( called leaching outdoors in holes) when the plant is ready for harvest. Organically grown, we are proud of the ingredients that have fed our plant.
It is way too late to worry about impurities in your plant by harvest time anyway.
Leaching your soil to remove excess " X" will prevent your plant from continuing to uptake too much "X" but will not go up the plant roots into the stems and leaves and remove ANY thing.
Organic farmers spend months and years getting their soil perfect. No way in hell would I try and destroy my living soil by flushing it down the drain
I have seen that growers think they need to flush all the nutrients out of a plant before harvest until it turns yellow and dying. If you want to try this in an outside grow just cut what you harvest but put it like
Well if it was true organic soil you would of been watering it all summer long as plant turns to flowering there are many things that occur in spring n summer the plant excretes fluids in the soil to attract microbes ,, as fall approaches and days become darker and colder the soil eventually start dropping in temps .
Micro life start slowing down
some die off others become dormant others will carry on until ground is frozen. that right there is your natural process with less microbes organic matter does not decompose fast enough , with less microbes being temp controlled there life cycle is coming to a end ,, and with less microbes active there will be less nutrients available for the plant.
no need to try to rid soil of its nutrients how can you really when fall leaf and carbon products are falling on the soil that will enrich it for next seasons grow in nature
Problem is if you wait for that
shit it ant no myth I have done side by side flush no flush no flush tasted like shit and burned funny where the flushed smoked like store bought
I think a serious starvation flush can reduce the amount of clorophil in the final buds. But so does a proper cure. A flush is just a half baked replacement for a good cure. I bet your side by side had not a proper cure.

bongstar

bongstar

I usually dont flush but the last 5 days or so i only water with mollases. Ive pulled plants days after feed. With proper cure there will be no issues. As long as its real organic. Hopefully the went thru most of the nitrogen though.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If you are giveing no nutrients you should not have to give your plant a true flush, just have good drainage that way when u water you can drain it.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Flushing is for when you use synthetic nutrients.
You do not need to do this for organic.

Top Bottom