Organic Nutes With Coco?

• Thread starter dmshayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zoneblazed

zoneblazed

Thanks a bunch for your input!! And it's good to hear you say that you do slightly amend your coco coir because it's been such a battle in my head. I think wayyy too much.

So I'll probably do 6:1:1 coir, castings, perlite (haven't been able to find rice hills locally). And I'm going to add a cup of kelp and a cup of dr earth home grown 4-6-3 per cubic foot, And some azomite, About half cup. And I'm using Roots Coco Palms. Does this sound good?

The main reason I'm wAnting to amend the coir is so that I won't need to feed until pistils appear. I am running a perpetual SOG with 12 plants so I only veg about two weeks and it's a 10 week strain. I've burnt this strain real easy before so I don't want to fry my roots feeding them too soon, as all the plants will be getting the same concentration of nutrients no matter the age. Dunno if this makes sense, sorry I'm pretty stoned. Haha.
Oh and I'm experiencing extremely high temps because it's been a hundred plus degrees all summer and I don't have AC. Along with that comes extremely slow growth so I'm realllllyy hoping to pick up the pace using coir. My veg time has basically doubled with this heat

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

I have used General Organic's line up in a Rez with top feed with canna coco with great results, though had to chase a few PH swings, compared to the Canna A&B I use now much more stable PH in Rez.
The Canna A&B are not Organic
What coco brand do you use? I hear allot of the cheap brands aren't thoroughly washed. They still have ppms of 300. I'm on grow 1.5 and I'm using GO and want to try a coco grow sudue to ask the bug problems with soil.

M

mulehunter

I would just like to add, I have never had an organic/coco grow that did not end in a bad case of root rot and leaf drop. :speechless:
That's becouse you didn't feed every other day ,give your roots time to breath vato

Nitropath

Nitropath

coco is organic so you have to use organic nutes I'm using coco in my current grow go check out my profile for help I'm still in the early stages of my grow(about 5 weeks from cuttings) I'm pretty knowladgeable with coco just ask if needed. use the cannacoco nutes you'll mix there a&b solution witch is a 4-0-1 and a 1-4-2 that you mix into you tap water at 40ml per 10litters(of each solution) then add a cal mag 1ml per L PH must be a solid 5.9 some people say 5.8-6.2 and even 5.5-6.5 but trust me stay at 5.9( always test Ph after all nutes are added and wait 30 mins before testing) always collect atleast 20% runoff don't be afraid to water them girls once a day when over 9-13 inch tall
coco is organic so you have to use organic nutes I'm using coco in my current grow go check out my profile for help I'm still in the early stages of my grow(about 5 weeks from cuttings) I'm pretty knowladgeable with coco just ask if needed. use the cannacoco nutes you'll mix there a&b solution witch is a 4-0-1 and a 1-4-2 that you mix into you tap water at 40ml per 10litters(of each solution) then add a cal mag 1ml per L PH must be a solid 5.9 some people say 5.8-6.2 and even 5.5-6.5 but trust me stay at 5.9( always test Ph after all nutes are added and wait 30 mins before testing) always collect atleast 20% runoff don't be afraid to water them girls once a day when over 9-13 inch tall
You don't have to use "organic nutes in coco. Most coco growers use synthetics. WTF?

Top Bottom