organic tea help

• Thread starter Organicteas4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Organicteas4me

hello all fellow farmers. i am a legal patient looking for some info on compost teas.......i'm using Ro water adding cal/mag then add 1 or 2 cups of tea (ewc,kelp,seabird guano, Indonesian guano, liquid karma and molasses) The ro water reads 6.0 after cal mag is added. then i add tea and the ph jumps to 7.3 should i add citrus acid to lower ph or should i leave it? i'm using Roots organic soil cut with extra perlite.

any advice would be great.

the tea is brewed for 24 to 36 hours in a Compost solutions tea kettle (very nice equipment)

i don't feed any teas until flowering

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're using beneficial microbes, no need to pH adjust the feed, they and the plants will do it for themselves.

S

Shredder

Keep in mind not all compost teas are equal. Not only does the quality of this ingredients matter, but I consider ewc/compost, molasses and water a microbe tea. And when you add guano or other nutrients that becomes a nutrient tea. Both can and do feed soil microbes, but nutrient teas can burn your plants if over done.

But first and formost is your soil ingredients. When you have some ewc and or compost, you have humic content in your soil. This, in conjunction with your plant, will adjust the ph to what they see fit. So when your soil is right, you don't need to adjust ph. It makes growing so much easier........shredder

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Just read some of the threads here, there is more than enough info, all you
gotta do is read bro!!

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

yeah i never ph anything that goes in my soil. the acid will do way more harm than good. any reason for waiting for flowering to add the teas? hell, i soak my medium with teas before my seeds even sprout or my clones root. you'll get thick roots and fine fuzzy root hairs from day one. the earlier the better IMO

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Yo, why did this thread die?

So I figure when I brew I do

Voodoo juice (bacteria)
Molasis (carbs)
Seaweed (vitamins minerala)

Compost (should be more nitro orented).

And guano (for flower as I've heard is more phosphorus, and potassium)

What do u use?

N

ninjaballs

about a cup or two worm castings, a dollup of molasses,a tbls of fish hydrolysate and a humic acid/kelp mixture as my base.i also like to add alfla meal to this a tbls per gallon so this is a five gallon bucket with an aerator.i will throw in a range of organic matter because the microbes will live on the particles and thrive so i'll throw in fishbone meal,pulverized egg shells,kelp meal,whey protein isolate mostly alfala meal and fish bone meal.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

about a cup or two worm castings, a dollup of molasses,a tbls of fish hydrolysate and a humic acid/kelp mixture as my base.i also like to add alfla meal to this a tbls per gallon so this is a five gallon bucket with an aerator.i will throw in a range of organic matter because the microbes will live on the particles and thrive so i'll throw in fishbone meal,pulverized egg shells,kelp meal,whey protein isolate mostly alfala meal and fish bone meal.

Dayyumm, how often u do all this? Will this get rid of nitro yellowing or mag def when they occur?

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

So I've been using compost, a pinch of blood meal, Voodoo juice(microbes), molasis and liquid seaweed.

I've been adding it a all through flower. I figure it's a good carb thing for the buds and sweetening. What do u think i will do?
Also if I splash some of this mix in a DWC bucket the roots like it and my plants don't get root rot.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

This is the compost Brewer manual from dr. Elaine Ingham. Got started brewing teas about 6 weeks ago, reference this pdf weekly.

N

ninjaballs

oh yeah alfalfa heavy in veg and just a sprinkle in bloom.blood meal takes a while to break down.when i was growing a shit ton i used the same bucket and left the stuff that sank to the bottom stay there.the bottom of the bucket was full of guano solids and eggshell pieces from my castings and i never added a calmag or any real nitrogen during bloom and i figured the guano solids were insoluble nitrogen that was breaking down slowly same with the calcium from eggshells.
to answer your question about nitro yellowing i use fish the whole way through and thats more than enough nitro and i never really have a mag def. i use epsom salts whenever i have the inkling,like twice during bloom.black strap mollasses has mag,sulphur,calcium all that shit,folic acid.switch the blood meal (i dont think it hurts its just another think for microbes to eat/live on)for neptunes fish hydrolysite or make your own.its essential to your organic tool box.go fishing catch one and let it rot in a bucket.you can add lactic acid or a lactic acid starter culture to it but it will also nuturally occur.but the base mix is worm castings,bsmolasses,kelp,humic and fish.always always go easy on any guanos they will burn your shit down.compost is good but worm shit is perfect.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Awesome wealth of info here. I'm appreciationing this very much.

N

ninjaballs

i gotta say though everything revolves around my worm farm.fresh worm castings are covered in fantastic slime.my teas are bubbling and foaming in 12 hours,by 48 hours it starts to turn into the funkiest beer and i ditch it.rarely.its all about timing.usually with proper cool temps i'd water everyplant with maybe 2 gallons of straight tea every 3 days

Last edited:
Theassbandit

Theassbandit

So what's the maximum amount of time you keep your teas for?

N

ninjaballs

48 hours i'll start to smell check.i'll start a tea when i think i'll be watering within 48 hours.i don't use a heater so in the winter it can take longer

N

ninjaballs

how bout i bitch for a second.my last grow i didnt have a worm farm or my own compost pile so i did some experimenting with different products.i confused the shit out of my self but my conclusion was that organic growing means not buying products.stick with amendments.heres one "sweet" by botanicare.it says "derived from magnesium sulphate"which is epsom salts.it is suppose to supply magnesium,sulphur and sugar.hmmmm?lets think about that...epsom salt and sugar!!epsom salt is not a salt by the way thats just a nickname for magnesium sulphate and it cost about 4 bucks for a pound of it max and sugar,well....heres what i think is good smart pots.the cloth pots those will make your plants twice as happy if youve been using plastic old schools...soil growing takes a lot more patients.what happens in the soil is way more impressive then anything in a bottle.germs taking shits basically..amino acids,enzymes,vitamins,nutrients,fungi,bacteria,nematoads,protozoa all working together oh and some nutrients too!i could bitch more but i had to look up the word patients because i couldnt spell it and now i'm confused.happy easter!

N

ninjaballs

oh ph the water?check the ph thats for sure.i've lived in the ghetto in the ountains,by the ocean,in michigan!,your water could be fucked so ... it depends microbes arent superman unless there fukishima microbes inwhich case i want to smoke that shit

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Yeah. I get my fabric from joann's fabrics. And then my girlfriend will stich my smart pots for me. Anything to speed up a soil grow.

Top Bottom