Original Glue (GG#4) 3x3 Photoperiod

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

As a long time outdoor grower I have learned many ways of hiding and caring for my plants while I am not there to babysit them. But now I have the chance to grow inside. I have heard that autos were the hardest thing to grow successfully so of course i jumped right on them.

Three successful OG Kush auto grows later I am ready to get serious.

I have decided to go with Original Glue (or Gorilla Glue #4) photo.

My soil consists of 50% Happy Frog, 25% Brute earthworm castings, and 25% perlite.

I also added 10 TBS of Earth Dust boost to my 5 gallon Air Pots. I watered the mix with 1 gallon of distilled water and let it sit for 10 days.

I'm starting with seeds from Nirvana. I have been buying from them for 15+ years and am ALWAYS satisfied.

I popped this seed last week in a shot glass of water and planted her in a bit of compost from my garden (that I baked in my oven on 200 for 3 hours)mixed with a touch of perlite and vermiculite. I also added a bit of Root Magic powder.

I set one of my Atreum Hydra 1000 at 36" from the plant and at 60% power to get 200 umols at the 'canopy'
IMG 20211226 223601043

I plan on 100% organic grow.

Will be feeding Earth Dust base and Earth Dust boost, along with work tea

7munkee

7munkee

Week2

Transplanted into my ready to go air pot and misted it a bit. It seems aweful small in that big pot.
IMG 20220103 135039294

7munkee

7munkee

Week 3

Topped at the fifth node and LST'd with a garden staple.

IMG 20220110 194129681

Lowered my light to get 300 umols.

IMG 20220110 194902345

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping my humidity up. My room is 45% but my tent stays at 20% unless I run a humidifier in there on full blast.

All summer long my humidity is like 70%, but as soon as it gets cold it drops quickly.

I dripped some kelp water on the one leaf and now its scarred for life.

Treecutter

Treecutter

5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of water with a towel half in and half out with a fan blowing on the towel. Adjust your fan speed or the length of the towel hanging out of the bucket to regulate the humidity.

7munkee

7munkee

5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of water with a towel half in and half out with a fan blowing on the towel. Adjust your fan speed or the length of the towel hanging out of the bucket to regulate the humidity.
I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

7munkee

7munkee

I have 10 seeds( minus the one I planted) so I hope I can get a nice pheno to grow as a mother.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
I should have kept one as a mom but I tried to reverse one instead with STS. No joy. The girl I hit just wouldn't turn at all.

7munkee

7munkee

Week four

Fixed my humidity problem ((Shout out to Treecutter)) but I have another, more severe problem to deal with. I had some tip burn last week and this week it progressed to necrosis. Lower leaves dried to a crisp at the ends like halfway down each stem.
IMG 20220118 140018845

It seems to be happening to the new growth as well. I drenched with three 1 gallon jugs of distilled water. I told growsince79 that I hit with 15 gallons. It was actually 3. I thought each jug was 5 gallon for some reason. I'm hoping this will give her a fighting chance. I may just start a couple more Original Glue seeds just in case.

I should have waited to add the earth dust for a few weeks. Valuable lesson.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

I'll be watching this grow. I've got a couple of GG's in flower and they seem to be taking their sweet time to finish up. 11.5 weeks and still not ready. But dang it, they throw down some fat nugs!!