Original Glue (GG#4) 3x3 Photoperiod

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

As a long time outdoor grower I have learned many ways of hiding and caring for my plants while I am not there to babysit them. But now I have the chance to grow inside. I have heard that autos were the hardest thing to grow successfully so of course i jumped right on them.

Three successful OG Kush auto grows later I am ready to get serious.

I have decided to go with Original Glue (or Gorilla Glue #4) photo.

My soil consists of 50% Happy Frog, 25% Brute earthworm castings, and 25% perlite.

I also added 10 TBS of Earth Dust boost to my 5 gallon Air Pots. I watered the mix with 1 gallon of distilled water and let it sit for 10 days.

I'm starting with seeds from Nirvana. I have been buying from them for 15+ years and am ALWAYS satisfied.

I popped this seed last week in a shot glass of water and planted her in a bit of compost from my garden (that I baked in my oven on 200 for 3 hours)mixed with a touch of perlite and vermiculite. I also added a bit of Root Magic powder.
Original glue gg4 3x3 photoperiod

I set one of my Atreum Hydra 1000 at 36" from the plant and at 60% power to get 200 umols at the 'canopy'
IMG 20211226 223601043

I plan on 100% organic grow.

Will be feeding Earth Dust base and Earth Dust boost, along with work tea

7munkee

7munkee

Week2

Transplanted into my ready to go air pot and misted it a bit. It seems aweful small in that big pot.
IMG 20220103 135039294

7munkee

7munkee

Week 3

Topped at the fifth node and LST'd with a garden staple.

IMG 20220110 194129681

Lowered my light to get 300 umols.

IMG 20220110 194902345

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping my humidity up. My room is 45% but my tent stays at 20% unless I run a humidifier in there on full blast.

All summer long my humidity is like 70%, but as soon as it gets cold it drops quickly.

I dripped some kelp water on the one leaf and now its scarred for life.

7munkee

7munkee

5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of water with a towel half in and half out with a fan blowing on the towel. Adjust your fan speed or the length of the towel hanging out of the bucket to regulate the humidity.
I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

7munkee

7munkee

I have 10 seeds( minus the one I planted) so I hope I can get a nice pheno to grow as a mother.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
I should have kept one as a mom but I tried to reverse one instead with STS. No joy. The girl I hit just wouldn't turn at all.

7munkee

7munkee

Week four

Fixed my humidity problem ((Shout out to Treecutter)) but I have another, more severe problem to deal with. I had some tip burn last week and this week it progressed to necrosis. Lower leaves dried to a crisp at the ends like halfway down each stem.
IMG 20220118 140018845

It seems to be happening to the new growth as well. I drenched with three 1 gallon jugs of distilled water. I told growsince79 that I hit with 15 gallons. It was actually 3. I thought each jug was 5 gallon for some reason. I'm hoping this will give her a fighting chance. I may just start a couple more Original Glue seeds just in case.

I should have waited to add the earth dust for a few weeks. Valuable lesson.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I'll be watching this grow. I've got a couple of GG's in flower and they seem to be taking their sweet time to finish up. 11.5 weeks and still not ready. But dang it, they throw down some fat nugs!!

7munkee

7munkee

Week five

I started an OG Kush auto. I'm gonna flower the Glue when the auto finishes...so~75ish more days of veg.
IMG 20220122 000146640
The drench kinda took care of my problem, the damage hasn't really progressed...yet. But man I had a lot of growth the last week. My first indoor photo period so I have no clue if it normal or not. I had to do some more LST because opening them up REALLY set them off.
IMG 20220123 000712192

And then 3 days later I had to do it AGAIN.

IMG 20220124 184451325

II haven't watered them since the drench last week, but they will probly need watered tomorrow night or the next morning for sure. I'm brewing up a worm tea now for it. I put the last of my molasses in and a shot of Blue Planet liquid seaweed along with 1/2 cup of castings. My air pump is terrible but I'm only using 1 gallon of distilled water.

Is there a limit to a single plants ability to produce flower weight? Or is that more limited by root mass and nutrient supply? I plan on scrogging this to 3 x 3 after taking a few cuttings in 75tsh days.

7munkee

7munkee

Week 6

All Great Plans of Mice and Men....
My OG Kush Auto refuses to cooperate and will not germinate. I had 3 and none of the 3 would get past puttin a little root out and promptly dying. So in order to NOT run out of smoke, I have to flower my Original Glue a LOT earlier than planned.

The scrog is still on, and I will still take a cutting to keep the genetics going in case its decent. I had a 12 gallon airpot ( this muther is ENORMOUS) so I filled it about 1/3 full of FF Strawberry Fields and unwrapped the 5 gallon airpot. The root-ball was quite impressive for only being a little more than a month old. Nice thick white strong roots with lots of little cilia hairs. I dusted the entire root-ball with Root Magic mycorrhizae and put her in the 12 gallon.

You can see how enormous this thing is, I have an empty 5 gallon in front for comparison

IMG 20220129 234550971

I let her go four days until Saturday night and did a little supercropping. She looks quite sad.
IMG 20220129 234603054

I haven't allowed any runoff since I drenched the original mix, and it seemed to tone the mix down a bit...the spotting and drying out of the fan leaves has stopped. I'm thinking that the cup of bone meal I added was a little over the top. Now I have to come to terms with the fact that I have a single plant in a 12 gallon pot in my 3x3. It should be a couple weeks until the Strawberry Fields breaks down enough for the plant so I guess I have more veg time.
IMG 20220131 214200515

She responded nicely to the super cropping and now the weaving in the first net begins.

Here is a shot face on
IMG 20220131 214233444

I'll check on her every couple days and do more weaving as necessary.

7munkee

7munkee

I posted an update to this on the wrong thread so apologies if youve seen this before. Reposting here where it was originally suppose to go.

Week One Flower

My house got hit by the big C last week and I lost my elderly aunt that I cared for. She had emphysema and was on her last days anyway. Still sucks. So had no update. However on Feb 6th I switched to flower 12/12.

I cant figure out my Vivosun timer because I lost the instructions so I have been manually turning the lights on and off. I set my lights to 650 par at the canopy with my meter I transplanted in a 12 gallon air pot 3 weeks ago ( one week before switching) and added my second trellis net about 6 inches above the first.

The last 10 days the tops did their stretching and have grown about 6-8 inches. The hairs are coming out nicely and I have had to water very little. The 12 gallon airpot holds moisture pretty well.

I hit it with cal-mag and liquid kelp today.

IMG 20220216 113517901

IMG 20220216 113549120

I also took a couple cuttings for later
IMG 20220216 113653298

7munkee

7munkee

Week 2 flower

More weaving and tucking to keep the tops at the same height. This is actually day 15 since I changed lights schedule. Fed cal mag and banana tea on day 13 flower. Gave it liquid sea weed today and weaved one final time. My canopy is damn near 3x3 and I have 200 watts of light. I'm hoping to pull 12 ounces. 1 plant. This Original Glue (Gorilla Glue #4) is suppose to be a heavy producer and lots of resin.
IMG 20220221 170001947

That's it for this week.

7munkee

7munkee

Week 3 Flower (day 23)

I added 1/4 cup of Earth Dust boost on Wednesday and gave her banana tea on Saturday and worm casting tea/with liquid seaweed on Monday. I phuked up my humidity a few nights ago. I meant to turn my humidifier on the lowest setting but set it to max at lights out. When I checked in the morning, fog just rolled out of my tent. The humidity reached 93% most of the night, and the temp dropped to low 60's. Fingers crossed in the hopes she forgives me.

Prolly gonna have to raise my lights because they are getting awful close. Canopy PAR is at 800...I don't know if that too much for the week 3 flower or not.

IMG 20220301 163757181

Thats it for this week

Top Bottom