Original UK Cheese

• Thread starter HortiLab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joebean91

Wow , that Cheese looks amazing Hortilab ! Great job ! . I have never tried Cheese but the pics often remind me of MassSuperSkunk , though I hear Cheese is better . Anyone familiar with both ?

B

BigG

nice cheese buds i wish i could get my hands on some uk original cheese lol

T

thelick

That is defo Exodus cheese....oh the memories. The last time i smoked or even saw exodus cheese was 3-4 years ago from a guy in Hackney. If only I could get ahold of a cut....my search would be over!!!

O

o.g-charmer

That is not the original uk cheese! there are very many cheese crosses in the world and i can see by the look that isnt the uk cutting and imho the big budda version is never going to compete with the real deal i find it very weak nice taste nice looking nugs very smelly no power not for me! and the uk cheese cutting was found in a bunch of 50 skunk1s it stood out because of its all pervading stink and was then later dubbed the cheese but i cannot understand why big buddha (milo) used an afgahni that btw is not an afgahni atall its my mates super skunk male the same male involved in the super cheese project he is running at the moment he is also the breeder of the bubble cheese and again imo the bubble cheese is better than big buddhas afgan cross! but back to the point why use an afgan (super skunk) instead of a skunk no1 male to breed the cheese with he would of found the same thing im finding right now and that is as follows

75% of the skunk1 cheese cut x sknuk1 males offspring followed the path of the cheese i now intend to back cross the best males to the mother plant and also self a few of the stinky fems to create some bx1 s1's but by all means i will be working on inbreeding after the backcross! what im hoping is by using the skunk1 genes to breed the cheese with i havnt upset the gene pool as the gene's should be virtually the same. Well anyway just my 2 cents peace

o.g-charmer

O

o.g-charmer

also sorry i really dont mean to put a downer on your thread my friend but how did you get it out of england to the cup if its the original clone only?

if it is the exodus cheese seeds that are available on the market then im afraid to say they are not the same as the clone only you find in luton birmingham ect the exodus uk cheese femed beans are uk cheese x bb cheese and are an s1 the uk cheese cutting does not go hermaphradite and therefore it was impossible to self it and create the cheese in s1 form therefore the guyhe exodus beans selfed a bigbuddha cheese mother and then proceeded to polinate the uk cut with the male pollems collected from the bbcheese female they selfed that makes them 75%+ uk cheese and 25%- super skunk or as big buddha likes you to think it ( the kali) or (landrace afganny) props and rep for a great looking well grown and cured cheese bud though brother it is definately some nice looking stuff indeed even if it isnt the absolute real deal then its a really good imitation peace out my friend

o.g

HortiLab

HortiLab

that is not the original uk cheese! ... What im hoping is...

...also sorry i really dont mean to put a downer on your thread my friend but how did you get it out of england to the cup if its the original clone only?

...props and rep for a great looking well grown and cured cheese bud though brother it is definately some nice looking stuff indeed even if it isnt the absolute real deal then its a really good imitation peace out my friend

lol...

L

lurking_chap

land-tales by nimble squirrel Aggy and her cheesepacks, know that one? lmfao

nice one HortiLab

pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

There are some good clones of the UK Cheese going around in Sacramento and in a few months I am guessing we will have some of this for ourselves to smoke on.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
also sorry i really dont mean to put a downer on your thread my friend but how did you get it out of england to the cup if its the original clone only?

if it is the exodus cheese seeds that are available on the market then im afraid to say they are not the same as the clone only you find in luton birmingham ect the exodus uk cheese femed beans are uk cheese x bb cheese and are an s1 the uk cheese cutting does not go hermaphradite and therefore it was impossible to self it and create the cheese in s1 form therefore the guyhe exodus beans selfed a bigbuddha cheese mother and then proceeded to polinate the uk cut with the male pollems collected from the bbcheese female they selfed that makes them 75%+ uk cheese and 25%- super skunk or as big buddha likes you to think it ( the kali) or (landrace afganny) props and rep for a great looking well grown and cured cheese bud though brother it is definately some nice looking stuff indeed even if it isnt the absolute real deal then its a really good imitation peace out my friend

o.g

I found alot of humor in that post.

Killer Nugz Hortilab. I ran that for a while. Good cut but had Toe Jam (Cheese x Flo) that tasted pretty much the same but the Jam was stronger. Damn good Herb none the less either way.

S

SweetIndica2

That cheese looks delicious. I'd love to get a cut of her one day if i can.

P

puntacometa

The fabulous UK Cheese clone.

I tried some of this yesterday. Wonderful stuff. The aroma/taste is very similar to a sativa that we used to get from growers on the Pacific coast of Oaxaca back in the 70's which was called Limon.

:damnhippie:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
IMHO the UK Cheese is super flavorful but not that potent (as far as real Skunk #1 ratings go). It also has a quick tolerance build up. It is a pheno of Skunk #1 and is not even close to the best pheno of Skunk #1. The holy grail pheno of Skunk #1 is an indica leaning (afghani) with lime/yellow tipped leaves as described in the 1988 or 1989 neville's seed catalog. It looked like a nitrogen deficiency but it wasn't. Even Sam the Skunk Man didn't have and didn't seem to know about it. But if you look at the catalog you will see I speak the truth. It did exist.

Those Skunk #1 from Neville were true breeding too and the pheno would pop up in decent numbers every year when I use to plant several hundred seedlings outside every year. I kept them going for quite a few years. I got them from someone who had them before neville did around 1979 in California. I tried to use large seed runs but I lost that pheno after 24 years. It was the best pot I ever smoked and most who tried it agreed. It had minimal tolerance build up either.

Skunk #1 today is nothing like it used to be. It was the best pot in the world in it's heyday. They banned it from the HTCC after a couple years because it dominated and everybody started crossing with it. They got skunked out I guess.

If they started a pot hall of fame Skunk #1 would be the first entry especially since it's heyday it is bred in practically everything. There are very few modern plants that don't have Skunk #1 in the family tree.
It was everywhere. It took over like an H-Bomb.

The world might never see the yellow tipped leaf pheno again.

T

TIME2UNITE

I have friends growing the real skunk right now, straight from Mendo Joe in Cali from the 70's that has been open pollinated since then so it wouldn't bottleneck. There will be plenty of yellow tipped phenos around. Pre-Sam skunk is gonna be the bomb!

S

stigma

you said that cheese is not very potent I have to disagree with you there bro the original exodus cheese is very smelly and very very potant one of the srongest weeds about in the world today I think... I still smoke the original strain to this day and love it still...
peace

HortiLab

HortiLab

you said that cheese is not very potent I have to disagree with you there bro the original exodus cheese is very smelly and very very potant ...

Exactly...the real deal Cheese is imo one of the most distinctive clones out there.

LOL, 2nd place in the Indica cup? Thats good humor there!

Your statement makes me laugh, too...we are located in the area of the Netherlands where Neville had his first grow rooms after he arrived here.
Even today, the region Noord Brabant is a hotbed of growing activity and some of his original Haze / Sativa clones are still around and commonly grown.
Maybe after sampling those you would get a clearer picture of what a sativa looks like and is supposed to do compared to an Indica or mostly Indica strain.

IThey banned it from the HTCC after a couple years because it dominated and everybody started crossing with it.

And last but not least...no strain is banned from the HTCC...no offence Tobor, but that info you spread here is just wrong.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
No disrespect to anyone. I appreciate all input. However, this just happens to be my field of expertise. I loved the Cheese. It is a great strain and I grew it for awhile. I would smoke it for the taste alone.

Is your UK Cheese more powerful than Chemdog, the white, OG Kush or any other elite? No! Well the real Skunk #1 with the yellow tipped leaves was. You would be fucked up and eating everything in site.

The cheese pheno was not found until later in the life of Skunk #1 after it had been watered down. I never found it and nobody I knew ever found it in the original seeds and we grew thousands of seeds. I did have the real UK Cheese and it was a good buzz but in the 7 range. Real Skunk #1 undiluted has all 9-9.5 level potency. It doesn't exist for the most part anymore. If you have 10 seeds of skunk #1 and you don't get at least a couple seedlings that have yellow tipped leaves you don't have real old school Skunk #1. I have spent 10 years buying packs of skunk #1. Nobody has it anymore. They got modern crappy diluted Skunk #1. It is my favorite strain of all time. If I could find it again I would still be growing it.

Hortilab I guarantee that in an issue of High Times in the early years after the first HTCC they didn't let ANYBODY enter Skunk #1. It was printed in their magazine, I read every issue and nobody was allowed to enter it.

Just like it is a fact about the yellow tipped leaves. It was part of the description in the catalog. When I read the catalog I thought the descriptions were hype but when I saw that I knew they were correct and Neville had the real deal.

I ain't trying to stir stuff up but I was growing Skunk # 1 as long or longer than Sam the Skunkman. My dear departed friend Butch brought it back from Cali around 1977-79.

Skunk #1 won the very first unofficial Cannabis Cup in 1987 and won the first OFFICIAL cup in 1988. Nobody thought any thing could ever beat it, everybody wanted to grow it and they thought the cup would just be a boring Skunk #1 Fest and they didn't let anyone enter it in 1989 or 1990. I specifically remember the article in HT about it. People started crossing with it to get something better and that is when Skunk #1 infiltrated almost every cross.

I am kinda an expert on Skunk #1. I am Skunk #1. My sweat smells like Skunk #1. When I take a shit it is a big pile of Skunk #1 resin. LOL!

I will now have to find the High Times article that talks about the banning of Skunk #1 from the cup. One year I talked about the yellow tipped leaves and nobody believed me. Luckily somebody came along and posted up the catalog and the case was closed.

This case will soon be closed to. I do not purposely spread false information. I know these are the facts about Skunk #1.

T

TIME2UNITE

Your statement makes me laugh, too...we are located in the area of the Netherlands where Neville had his first grow rooms after he arrived here.
Even today, the region Noord Brabant is a hotbed of growing activity and some of his original Haze / Sativa clones are still around and commonly grown.
Maybe after sampling those you would get a clearer picture of what a sativa looks like and is supposed to do compared to an Indica or mostly Indica strain.

Sorry but Cheese is far from an Indica and everyone knows HTCC is a major joke. Just because haze is as sativa as it gets doesn't make the Cheese an Indica. It is what it is, chick weed, daytime smoke. Please tell me what Cheese Lineage is and how much of it is Indica. When was the Cheese clone found? 87/88 is what I hear, so thats almost 10 years of breeding only for the Sativa traits. 2nd place in the Indica cup that is too good!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom