Osa/28 Best Practices

• Thread starter osa28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Soil/Soilless
Our best results are seen in a soil or soilless media with freshly mixed nutrients. Silicic acid is by nature very unstable and quickly polymerizes or reacts with other compounds into unavailable forms. Mix fresh nutrients and feed within a couple days for the most profound effect.

Use OSA/28 at 0.6ml per gallon 2-3 times per week, with your standard fertilizer mix.

Steps
  1. Add OSA/28 first to clean water (water type doesn't matter long as EC<1)
  2. You will probably notice a pH drop, don't worry we'll handle this later
  3. Add your base nutrient
  4. Add your other additives (you don't need another silicon supplement!)
  5. pH to desired level (sometimes it's good to wait for the tank to mix and stabilize before adjusting)
  6. Add any microbial product after pH has stabilized

Hydroponics

Using a pure hydroponics system like DWC or recirculating like flood tables is good with OSA/28 for sure. The biggest benefit is that silicic acid gets into the roots fast and easy, even without soil or microbes. Downside is that the silicic acid will not last in available form for the life of a reservoir over a couple days. Most of the silicic acid is used up in a couple days. DO NOT add more OSA/28 to a reservoir with nutrients as the silicic acid will not activate properly.

Use OSA/28 at 0.6ml per gallon with your standard fertilizer mix at the beginning of the week.

Since OSA/28 will be mostly used up or polymerized in a couple days, it's a good idea to supplement with a foliar application mid-week (day 4-5).

Steps
  1. Add OSA/28 first to clean water (water type doesn't matter long as EC<1)
  2. You will probably notice a pH drop, don't worry we'll handle this later
  3. Add your base nutrient
  4. Add your other additives (you don't need another silicon supplement!)
  5. pH to desired level (sometimes it's good to wait for the tank to mix and stabilize before adjusting)
  6. Add any microbial product after pH has stabilized

Foliar

Mix 4 ml per gallon for weekly application. Double the dose (8ml per gallon) if the plant is showing stress. We've never seen any conflict with other products in a foliar application. just use standard foliar practices like lights off and before/during the day cycle.

Steps
  1. Add OSA/28 first to clean water (type doesn't matter long as EC<1)
  2. Add other foliar products (chemicals or nutrients)
  3. pH to about 5.8 (better absorption as a slight acid)
  4. Spray full coverage over canopy (just before lights go on is generally best, take care not to saturate flowers to reduce risk of mildew)

Teas and Organics

OSA/28 is safe to use with any organics and microbial inoculants. Adding OSA/28 into an existing living solution directly may affect the microbes though. There is no benefit of adding to compost teas during the brew stage, don't do it.

Always mix OSA/28 very well in solution before adding microbial inoculants.

Questions and Assistance

Contact us with unique situations or questions on how to maximize results with OSA/28!

[email protected]

masshole61

masshole61

You guys going to be at the maximum yield show in Boston? Looking forward to meeting you guys. Maybe they'll put you next to the Aptus guys. Lol

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
How can this be better than the liquid silicon additive I already use, which is considerably cheaper?
If you say it's because your product is readily available , well, the silicon product I use works very well with noticeable difference when used, which can only mean it's readily available as well.
I think your an imitator, trying to hype your product as the latest and greatest when it's just a new paint job on the same Ole same ole.
But I like to be opinionated.
Peace

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

How can this be better than the liquid silicon additive I already use, which is considerably cheaper?
If you say it's because your product is readily available , well, the silicon product I use works very well with noticeable difference when used, which can only mean it's readily available as well.
I think your an imitator, trying to hype your product as the latest and greatest when it's just a new paint job on the same Ole same ole.
Peace

LOL,Speak your mind there son,love it.Im always a little skeptical too especially when 5 gallons cost as much as a used car.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Peace

You will see some effect with a cheap potassium silicate but most of that is not the silicon effect. OSA28 is silicic acid which is 100% plant available and gets into the plant quickly--not the same for a regular silicate which takes time to break down and become available.

Google silicic acid and monosilicic acid and there is a load of research available to demonstrate the difference. You can make potassium silicate in a few minutes. We do small batch and it takes an entire day to get the formula stabilized and active!

We like opinionated. That means you pay attention. Try OSA28 and see what you think. End of the day results are all that matter. If we perform better you'll know we aren't an imitator... then you'll be opinionated for OSA28!

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
LOL,Speak your mind there son,love it.Im always a little skeptical too especially when 5 gallons cost as much as a used car.

Absolutely! We love a challenge! And yeah it's a little pricey...we are hoping to be able to lower this soon as production levels get up. Keep in mind too that a liter mixes almost 2000 gallons! How much product can you grow with 2000 gallons of water and what's that worth if the product increases quality or yield?

Challenges and skeptics keep us on our toes!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I can understand someone who is growing in low microbial mediums gaining a benefit from your product. But it's price point just doesn't seem cost effective.

But being honest, it's worthless in high microbial mediums, and actually would do more harm to your biological beneficials than good for your plants.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Absolutely! We love a challenge! And yeah it's a little pricey...we are hoping to be able to lower this soon as production levels get up. Keep in mind too that a liter mixes almost 2000 gallons! How much product can you grow with 2000 gallons of water and what's that worth if the product increases quality or yield?

Beleive me when i say im not knocking you in any way,i wish you great success!Im just not into paying that kind of price for any product personally,been growing many years and its been my experience that things that are new that come with huge price tags generally come way down quickly or burn out and go away.High priced nutrients,seeds,etc(think alien @2-3000 a pack)generally arent that much better than others you can use/get at a reasonable buy in.

DrFever

DrFever

So would you say that your supliment is a better investment to gain yield then someone investing in C02 system ???
you saying that i will smash it when i get 2.5 to 3 pounds per 1k presently .
That if i use your product i will expect 3.5 pounds to 4.25 pounds with your additives ?? or i get my money back ??? is this a money back Guarantee by the way ???
Sure some people are claiming there seeing good things but infact there just becoming a better grower.. maybe just saying
Is silca going to make or break a grow ???? when you really dig deep into what makes a plant tick i just look at it this way the real main reason silica is used is to help plant combat disease that's it
Personally using Fulvic and Humic acids i would bet , if any grower did a side by side and silica vs humic and Fulvic acids ..... What do you think the outcome would be ??? i already know ..
2000 gallons is not much remember doing 160 plant grow watering every 4 day 130 gallons per room worth of water 260 gallons every 4 -5 days

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Sorry missed this! Our website FAQ goes into detail but the summary is that osa28 is immediately plant available. Those sources require considerable time to become available and have effect.

So I am going to spend 10x as much on a product because it's more available quicker? Well, I grow outdoors over the period of 8 months. I don't recall a time in my 15+ years of growing where I needed silica quickly. If that is the only advantage, I suggest people create a nutrition plan, and stick to it. No need for emergency silica.

Also your assumption that "Those sources require considerable time to become available" isn't true. Depending on what you mean by "considerable time." More snake oil for sale.
Thanks for the response @osa28

Pimp T

Pimp T

Where did u squeeze this assumption from?"So would you say that your supliment is a better investment to gain yield then someone investing in C02 system ???
That if i use your product i will expect 3.5 pounds to 4.25 pounds with your additives ?? or i get my money back ??? is this a money back Guarantee by the way ???" I never saw then make any yield claims or anything about being better that c02. @DrFever

DrFever

DrFever

Where did u squeeze this assumption from?"So would you say that your supliment is a better investment to gain yield then someone investing in C02 system ???
That if i use your product i will expect 3.5 pounds to 4.25 pounds with your additives ?? or i get my money back ??? is t
That if i use your product i will expect 3.5 pounds to 4.25 pounds with your additives ?? or i get my money back ??? is this a money back Guarantee by the way ???" I never saw then make any yield claims or anything about being better that c02. @DrFever
well from some people mentioning bigger yields as well as osa

So what i was trying to say is how much for this product ??? and from my understanding ?? its a price of a used car is it not ??? which honestly you think would be a better investment for yield this product or a Co2 system ??? @ 1/4 of the price of a used car ,, is what i am asking
I read somewhere growers saw instant results :) and better yields
So with all that said may be some growers can chime in and tells us there gains in yield
I Want to kn0w if people are getting 15 - 25 percent more yield with this product
Or should i just stick with C02 and humic and fulvic acids and normal nutrients

Pimp T

Pimp T

Brother they have 4 oz for $58 8oz for $90 and a liter for $300. Its 0.6ml per gallon 4oz makes 200 gallons 8oz makes 400 gallons and a liter makes 1600 gallons. As for as silicic acid goes they have the cheapest. So you definitely dont have to pay a small car price to use it... they are sayin 2%-3% yield gains because of increased nutrition and healthier plants with the addition of silica in plants adding small weight gains due to weight of silica. They never say use this product and go from three per light to 5. Only claims they are making is they have the most available to the plants silicic acid (with tests to prove it) and the cheapest silicic acid. Nothing about get a extra 2 pounds per light better quality and bigger dick while payin the price of a small car. @DrFever if not theirs I definetely think any silica supplement is worth using. I do and definetely have stronger stems and better pest resistance and drought heat stress and cold resistance along with hardier roots.

Last edited:
DrFever

DrFever

Cool pimp i never went on site thought i read somewhere it was allot more . So i take it You use this stuff outside ??? As for drought ??? and pest resistance
I just think there is allot more at play here then meets the eye when it comes to strong stems and branching , nutrient uptake , and pretty much everything else
And silica is a just a my nute function in the grande scheme of things
TBH most years outdoor we make the magical soil recipe in hopes to have a healthy plant . hopefully and great yield in previous years with these recipes.. Got me lots of issues for one they never really finish a plant hence TEA craze and i am thinking WTF .
So this year following my fathers concepts ( farmer for 65 years )
i decided to go opposite get to the basics of soil
and you know what i am killing it living north of the 60th parallel
i grew a tree comparable to my brothers in cali i be lucky to get a 3- 5 foot plant
and from 10 years out door that is what it usually was 3 - 5 foot and insect infested
So this year was fuck all the crazes in the marijuana world of growing cause that is what it is ,, a simple plant needing simple things .

So i decided can not get any simpler then 40 percent compost 40 percent Top soil , 10 percent grass clippings 5 percent live worms and 5 percent card board clips
Nutrients used - 0
occasional top dress of grass clippings
Water source - MOTHER NATURE only
Rain water
And let me tell you 11 foot tree 12 feet wide
Blows me the fuck away what a simple soil with out all the SNAKE OIL JIVE in the market i mean no insect issues and i tell you folks insects up here will eat your plant in a day
IMG2565
Gallery 11738 4880 557199
Gallery 11738 4880 739920

shit i might market this soil jurrasic soil lol that is if you want a behmouth plant
Anyways all good everyone find your way in growing just remember one thing ... " Basics " think in the box not outside the box no need for any miracle additive all dirt has silica

S

SHIRDABZALOT

So osa 28 is basically reverse engineered aptus fasilitor? Not that I care, but was just doing a price point. I get 1 liter of fasilitor for 365 from my hydro store and 1 liter of osa 28 is 300 plus shipping, so about 55bucks savings for me. I still have a couple liters of aptus to go thru first, but I might give you guys a shot, I like to see people getting results before I drop hundreds....or like aptus I ended up getting the full line for free at a trade show, or I probably never would of used it lol!

Top Bottom