Our First House, First Grow

• Thread starter Buzzy12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Nice work. I've gone 0-8 since my last good grow. Trying to find a good pheno. All have tasted terrible.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
It is a hard work that has been made here, do you have any assistance?
I had very little assistance along the way. My wife helped me defoliate on Day 1 and 21 of Flower and she helped with the takedown. My mom helped me trim all of the flower. Everything else I did. It's a labor of love. It is a decent amount of work, but I love growing Cannabis! Already put 12 more seeds into soil.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Nice work. I've gone 0-8 since my last good grow. Trying to find a good pheno. All have tasted terrible.
What strains have you been trying? Genetics play a huge role in finding good phenos.

Ponky

Ponky

What strains have you been trying? Genetics play a huge role in finding good phenos.
I was buying seeds. From assorted sources. My friends already have good clones. I just like looking for new unique strains. For example the Bubba Kush seeds ended up being a boring hybrid. I just keep switching it up until I find one.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
The Colombian Miracle does have that mango flavor like I was expecting and Sativa effects like I was hoping for. There's a noticeable difference in how the three strains differ in feeling. The MAC is a good mix of the two that just makes you feel relaxed, Flintstones is a strong Indica effect that makes you feel sleepy, and the Colombian Miracle gives you that uplifting feel good vibe.
20221203 174038

Flintstones Flower
20221204 174406

MAC Flower
20221204 174757

Costa420

Costa420

Wholly Mackerel is actually a Fox Farm product, but Advanced Nutrients does have some good names, every product has a "mascot" with their own name. I'm doing things completely different with my grow vs the grow op. At the grow op we were using Mother's Earth Coco when I got there and Cyco (the green bags). Some rooms had one and other rooms had the other. We used the 3 gal grow bags from Rio Coco for the tables that got installed in three of the six Flower rooms. Of all the coco coir products I've seen and/or worked with, Rio Coco is the best quality.

They were using House and Garden when I first got there with some success and decided to give Athena a try, like just about every other commercial operation. It's crazy to me how far Athena has come in such a short period of time, but that's what the power of social media can do when somebody like the Jungle Boys switches their feeding schedule to Athena. Advanced Nutrients was even forced to make a very similar product because so much of their market share has been taken away by Athena. Coco and salt based nutrients vs organic soil and organic nutrients. My plants smell way better than anything we ever produced at the grow op. I'm a firm believer in organic fertilizers in living soil is the best medium to produce the best terpene profile. And I've never done a cost analysis for Athena vs Advanced Nutrients, but AN is not as expensive as you would think. Just about all of their products are 2 mL/L rates, very potent products, decent cost per application. Fox Farm's products are more expensive per application.
Some more pics from the old job.
View attachment 1293686
View attachment 1293690
View attachment 1293691
View attachment 1293692
View attachment 1293693
View attachment 1293694
View attachment 1293695
View attachment 1293696
View attachment 1293697
View attachment 1293698
View attachment 1293699
View attachment 1293700
View attachment 1293701
View attachment 1293702
View attachment 1293703
View attachment 1293704
View attachment 1293705
View attachment 1293706
View attachment 1293707
View attachment 1293708
Does big bud from an work

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Does big bud from an work
I sure think it does. Big Bud is the product that really built AN. In my opinion their most valuable products that could be incorporated into pretty much any nutrient regimen is Big Bud from week 2 up to the week before harvest and Bud Candy from the start of Flower until the week before harvest.

I've used Fox Farm nutrients in the past for my own grows mixing in various different products along the way, but once I finally decided to pay for the Advanced Nutrients line I haven't gone back. They're a pioneer of the Cannabis nutrient industry and have proven over time to be the best brand out there. I wouldn't use any other liquid nutrients at this point in my 13 years of growing. I've also seen the difference between House & Garden and Athena on a commercial scale and Athena is much better than House & Garden, but my flowers I produce at home with AN are better quality. The flowers are more fragrant, denser, and frostier. Advanced is expensive up front, but they are an excellent value per application.

Costa420

Costa420

I sure think it does. Big Bud is the product that really built AN. In my opinion their most valuable products that could be incorporated into pretty much any nutrient regimen is Big Bud from week 2 up to the week before harvest and Bud Candy from the start of Flower until the week before harvest.

I've used Fox Farm nutrients in the past for my own grows mixing in various different products along the way, but once I finally decided to pay for the Advanced Nutrients line I haven't gone back. They're a pioneer of the Cannabis nutrient industry and have proven over time to be the best brand out there. I wouldn't use any other liquid nutrients at this point in my 13 years of growing. I've also seen the difference between House & Garden and Athena on a commercial scale and Athena is much better than House & Garden, but my flowers I produce at home with AN are better quality. The flowers are more fragrant, denser, and frostier. Advanced is expensive up front, but they are an excellent value per application.
Im using 3 times a week jacks ,
2 times a week moab ,
2 times a week my own teas earthworm castings, kelp meal, langbeinite, peruvian seabird guano, and molasses , with some root pack,
Nute pack , and foliar pack . Just started adding big bud with the moab. How do u feel about bud candy

Costa420

Costa420

Also meant to say I grow in 4x8 trays with liners full of coco

Latest posts

Top Bottom