Outdoor Cali growers

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

I know the boys up Northern Cal were growing huge Blue dreams some over 10lbs a plant. Most of the plants were pushed so hard for yield that some of the quality was lost do to using low cost ferts. A lot of the guys were using trimming machines ( twister ) and a lot of the bag appeal is lost there. I never smoked any of it but a friend in the know who tried some from one of the biggest plantations up there told me it was not the greatest smoke in the world either. I used a machine called a trim reaper for 2 seasons. All the sap coming out of the leaves get all over the buds unless you clean it after every load (right). My buds turned that golden brown color as well and lost all their smell as well. Just use the machine for popcorn now. Who knows if even what your seeing is BD or XJ. You can call it whatever you want to once it leaves Cali!

B

Bluenote

I know the boys up Northern Cal were growing huge Blue dreams some over 10lbs a plant. Most of the plants were pushed so hard for yield that some of the quality was lost do to using low cost ferts. A lot of the guys were using trimming machines ( twister ) and a lot of the bag appeal is lost there. I never smoked any of it but a friend in the know who tried some from one of the biggest plantations up there told me it was not the greatest smoke in the world either. I used a machine called a trim reaper for 2 seasons. All the sap coming out of the leaves get all over the buds unless you clean it after every load (right). My buds turned that golden brown color as well and lost all their smell as well. Just use the machine for popcorn now. Who knows if even what your seeing is BD or XJ. You can call it whatever you want to once it leaves Cali!

And right there ^^^^^^^^ y'all have a glimpse of what is to come when it's legal and the *really* major production players jump on the bandwagon.

BUT it also accents the saving grace for the majority of us here , if you take the time and care to grow *quality* those who desire quality will seek you out.

We'll in the end *OWN* the connoiseur end of the market.

oirfideach

oirfideach

Hey all, just joined up! Me, I have had the best of luck with my blue dream ladies. I live in Torrance in LA, and I only grow 6 at a time (legal limit). All organic, create my own soil, etc. it's awesome to grow my own! It is so strong, I have to be careful:-) I only grow it for myself and a few others, so I put a lot of work and care into each plant and it pays off. The production is stupendous, taste/smell oilutlandish, and head high is beautiful. I grow it because I like the type of high it gives me, plain and simple! Enjoy! Wish I could figure out how to post pics from phone, but the damn thing won't work;(

drunknbass

drunknbass

I'm growing around 8 blue dream right now. The ones I had going from seed grow fast and the stalks super thick compared to others.
I have some in and out and I like it outdoors much better.
I also have a few strains that I grow more often because
I like them and because they are stronger and seem to tough out my screw ups a little better. Some strains I don't bother with because I'm impatient and usually stress them out too much.

sb805og101

sb805og101

So farmers in nor cali when do you guys put outdoor plants in ground? last I put out in mid may ,too early they flowered then reveged in june.

sox

sox

wait till june normaly, i put mine out may 14th last year and they were perfect...blue dream, 707 headband, uk cheese, purple mr nice, lemon kush, rock lock, sharksbreath, mendo express, mendo cheese, sour cream, mango, cosmic lights some other little ones thrown around the garden as well..

sox

sox

The tahoes and aliens are not big plants and outside you might run into mold problems...the bubblegum X in there could be something special though.

I have a early 90s bubblegum X with an landrace afghan that is completely mold resistant and as pest resistant as they get

try and find some strains that have not been bred to be "indoor" strains....just my 2 cents as i have never grown any of the above...hope this helps.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Kid Twist:
The biggest problem is that few people hold good mother rooms in Cali, thusly many people are scrambling for clones in the late spring and are subject to what they can get. Also the season has a lot to do with things like mold, premature buds, etc. Another reason, when growing outdoor often times people only get that one chance a year, so every inch counts and many are more prone to go with what is tried and true. It takes time to get that figured out, so stain variation definitely moves slower. You are also probably getting sourced from one neighborhood or hilltop, often times neighbors grow the same strains.....again for the aforementioned reasons and out of convenience. Cheese was the biggest surprise I saw this year.......highest yielding fire I have seen in a long time.......and it tastes so darn good.

Reactions: sox
southstreets

southstreets

Yea def anything with bubblegum should yield really good! Grew out a cple 2 yrs ago and pushed bout 3 ps dry from 6 ftrs... Was mold resistant 2 boot... Cant say the same for most og plants.. Only og I've ran across believe it or not that was mold and bug resistant was dr.gs ghost s1s.. Logics gear was also really good outdoors..

Reactions: sox
sox

sox

yeah, the bgaf (bubblegumXafghani) is always a 3+lber, even on a bad year.
my neighbor grew a bunch of Ogs and didnt wasnt to happy.
The Jamacian Og was a favorite in north mendo a few years back on a few hills,
Ours wasnt to great.

oirfideach

oirfideach

I have four gifted indica (from seed) in the ground that are looking beautiful, plus a Headband, a Silver Lights OG, a Jack Herer and a Zen Blue Dream, all from clones. They are looking beautiful, and the weather here has been fantastic. Good amount of rain, little bit too much wind, but I have staked the plants in prep for that possibility. No disease or pest problem to speak of yet; I am seeing a "little" bit of leaf miner damage, but I have sprayed with Neem to see if that will stop the problem.

I am seeing one thing though on the Indica that I am worried about; there was some damage on the lower leaves, looked almost like they had been shredded...I would like to post a picture, but I can't on my computer. Has anyone else seen any damage like that? I haven't seen it on any plants, vegetables or medicines. Thanks!

Top Bottom