Outdoor Dr Atomic Blueberry Jam

• Thread starter Crysmatic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

these babies were started june 6. they are dr atomic nlxblueberry. the leaves already smell like orange rind. 9/10 seeds popped, and 8 survived. they'll end up in large pots with promix bx. i intend to finish them outside, and clone for sexing as well as bringing them indoors.

i put them under a 400w mh at night for 24hr light.

i anticipate grape, lots of crystal, and good yield.

Outdoor dr atomic blueberry jam
B

bigbag

nice 1's ! hard 2 go wrong using those genetics as a base, have fun with them

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

day 21

thanks! they're just hitting their explosive growth stage. it's about time to move them to 1 gal pots with pro-mix bx.

IMG 2582
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

good luck. i'm at 44* and zone 5a, and though we get frost early october, the sun goes away very quickly in september. i hope it finishes in september as advertised.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

day 24

i transplanted the strongest four into 1 gal pots with pro mix bx. i rinsed the roots, and watered with 1.0 ec (with ro water) dnf grow. i know they'll green up and get bushy...they're side branching already. they smell a little skunky.

i'm going to put the two smallest into bubble buckets outdoors. i hope they'll catch up to the others.

IMG 2584
IMG 2583
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

7/4

here's the weekly update. they love the pro mix. i'm still putting them under a 400w mh at night...one for faster growth, and second for security (as long as no one steals them in broad day light). still feeding dnf 1/3 strength (0.75 ec) with a pinch of epsom salts.

i have six plants in soilless, one in the garden, and one in a bubble bucket. the bucket had severe ph problems. i've corrected it, i'll keep a closer eye on it, and i hope the little guy picks up soon.

IMG 2588
IMG 2589
IMG 2590
M

Mountian Mist67

:confused0059:
thanks! they're just hitting their explosive growth stage. it's about time to move them to 1 gal pots with pro-mix bx.

Did u top any of them? Ikno its an outside gro but after seeing the first page it looks like u topped 2 of them.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

i haven't topped them, and don't plan to. they won't get much above 1m anyway. i do plan to take cuttings from lower branches.

their pots get really hot during the day. it's been 31 here lately. that can't be good for the roots. will wrapping them with white plastic keep them cool?

regardless, feeding them 1/3 strength every watering still leaves the bottom leaves slightly yellow. otherwise, they're nice and green, and the leaves point to the sky. when the dnf is gone, i want to switch to pbp, liquid karma, and grozyme.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

day 36

here's this week's update.

i feed at 0.85ec, with an occasional tap water 'flush'. they're growing very fast, and drinking a lot more. i think i will attempt taking cuttings soon. i would love to have a few indoors under the custom led i will buy.

they still have another month before they show sex. i will put the girls into 3 gal containers. i have one bj in a dwc bucket, and one in our garden.

i bought gh floranova bloom for when they start blooming.

group pic
bj#1 is about 15" tall

IMG 2599
IMG 2600
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

day 43

bj1 and 2 have showed female preflowers today. i will transplant them all into 3 gal pots tonight. i made a worm compost tea, with mycorhizae. i will soak them once they're all transplanted.

the bj in the garden is doing ok. a little light green, but nicely serrated leaves. the bj in dwc is taking off - i increased nutes to 1.8 ec and pH to 5.5ish.

bj2 in 3gal
bj1 in 1gal
group shot

IMG 2613
IMG 2616
IMG 2617
L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Oh boy I cant wait to see those flowers. I saw finished pics on the atomic site and they were jaw dropping.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

day 50

i'm excited too! i've been learning about better flowering formulas. i've just switched them over to floranova bloom - because that's what i have - and they're probably ready to go into 5 gal pots already. i think i found another female (which i'd been neglecting) and put it in a 3 gal pot yesterday...so i have 4 or 5 girls.

it's been raining a lot lately, and i've been afraid of over watering, so they got a light green. i'm working to get them darker green...slowly, so i don't burn them. fnb says 3.75 ml/usgal for 2.47 mS at full growth...however, lucas says 8 ml/gal for 1.85 mS (??). i fed them 2.37mS yesterday, and scared myself thinking i'd killed them.

the runt that i put in hydro has just about caught up to the largest ones. the leaves are now larger than my hand. i maintain the ec at 2.0, and pH ~6.0. i believe it's a boy, but i love seeing the growth and health that dwc offers.

the runt in the garden is still the smallest, and the leaves are almost variegated. the plants surrounding it are healthy, so maybe it's just a mutant?

i took about 6 cuttings from each. i dusted the tip with rootone powder, and put them in rock wool plugs. i mist the cuttings twice a day so they stay humid in their dome, and get fresh air. i keep them under one 2' t5 light; should i use two lights?

next grow, i'd prune them early on to get a bush...they're getting rather tall and classic christmas tree shape. we have kids jumping fences late night, and i'm paranoid they'll walk off with them. in full bloom, the back yard, if not the neighbourhood, will smell like blueberry skunk.

IMG 2655
IMG 2656
IMG 2652
IMG 2654
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

day 56

they're getting root bound in their 3gal pots. i'd bought 5gal pots to transplant them, but it's such a small difference that i'll move up a couple of sizes, and that should carry them through harvest.

the dwc is simply a bubbler, and i add pH'd water and a splash of fnb as needed. it hasn't shown sex, so i'm hesitant to expend too much time and resources on it. it is the fastest growing, and healthiest plant.

i let a 'male' wither away, and i expect to take the garden plant down in the next week when it shows sex. as it is, five big plants are rather conspicuous. i'll have to move a couple or so to a safer location.

oh, and my cuts are taking root :D they will live on indoors this winter.

IMG 2659
IMG 2662
IMG 2661
IMG 2658
D

dogless

Premium Member
Supporter
Those sure do look nice and healthy.
Good luck and just keep doing what your doing

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

thanks for the kind words!

the nodes are alternating - so bloom is coming soon. i'm a little confused on how to prune them. i've taken some bottom branches off (to clone), and taken some growth off the lowest branches. basically, i don't know how big they'll get, and how much bud they'll make. can someone chime in?

i don't like the way fnb keeps them light green, despite the high ec i give them. i'll go back to DNF grow (2.5-1.0-5.4 NPK), and use fnb at peak flower to give them a boost. i can't believe there are only 6-7 weeks left!!

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

day 65

it seems i have 3 shorter, and 3 slightly taller plants...all christmas tree shaped. they're all around 1m tall.

i got a response from dr atomic the other day. he told me to prune the lower 1/3 to maximise my yield. i've basically left the growing tips on the lower 2/3 of the plant.

DNF is low in magnesium. i believe that's why the growing tips are yellowing. i'm preparing a fatman bloom recipe. it's 3-1-4, to which i can add 0-2-4 in full bloom. it comes to less than $15 for 4L A and 4L B solutions. i'm waiting for micro nutes.

bj1
bj2
bj3
bj5
bj6 in a 5gal pot
bj7 in the garden
bj8 in dwc

IMG 2670
IMG 2671
IMG 2672
IMG 2673
IMG 2674
IMG 2675
IMG 2676

4Seasons

Good work brother,

I am in Brazil, and here we used magnesium sulfate for adiquirir a darker green on the girls!

Look also for techniques with yerba mate, we are testing in Brazil, a large concentration of K and MG, which is what leaves the plant with a darker green. (MG)

Hugs and success!

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Day 70

sorry this is a little late, and it's from last sunday.

their stems smell very woodsy/piney and a little concord grape. they showed a little tip burn, so i watered them well, and will continue with light nutes...this time my own :)

my recipe is in fatman's diy thread. crop king was out of stock on iron dpta 11%...and they wanted me to wait a month to send it to me...at my expense. i found miller's ferriplus iron eddha 6% on ebay for $20...plus $20 s&h...plus $22 customs brokerage fees:sick0010: i added 51.5g iron eddha. the solution will be blood red!

they're all over 5' tall, and the 5 gal buckets look small. bj3 has just started blooming. i don't see how they'll finish in september :/

in order: bj1, 2, 3, 5.

i put 4, 7, and 8 out to compost, and gave #6 away. here's #7 roots and sun leaf.

all the cuttings rooted, and most have lots of roots and are showing growth.

IMG 2682
IMG 2683
IMG 2684
IMG 2685
IMG 2686
IMG 2677
IMG 2681
Top Bottom