Outdoor Gardeners / Growers. Let's Talk-Show Gardens-Soil-Methods-Pests-Critters-Gardening Kind Of Stuff!

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Just last year I got into growing cannabis... (1)... state laws allowed it (2)... but I'm not new to gardening... I'm pretty sure some of you enjoy growing other plants (cannabis included) outdoor. I'm sure other farmers... and "this farmer" are interested and would like to see what others are growing... their gardens.. their methods.. ideas.. etc.

So to get the ball rolling.. I'll post what's going on with my garden and will continue.. to see If "we" can get the ball a rolling...

Okay... so it's tax get finished day... March 14th.. The sun is a shining and it's in the mid 70 F... I've been putting it off... but realizing if I don't get started.. it will be too late I'll be playing a loosing battle of catch up.. or if you prefer katsup...

First Job
Outdoor gardeners  growers lets talk show gardens soil methods pests critters gardening kind o

ahhhhh... my back just hurts looking at this....

Last edited:
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I like this! I have a ton of garden prep and planting coming up next week (waiting for the warm and dryer weather). Up share all of it!! : )

Snappy, do you have anything started to go outside yet?

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Hey BearWater... nice to find a fellow gardener.. hope we can find more..

"anything started to go outside yet"... well the only thing I started is cleanup of rear garden... wanted to start sprouting romaine... beets... spinach... this evening... maybe tomorrow..

So.. I did start this below... last fall the chickens ate the hell out of it... I gave up on it
the Brussels were just starting to get some size... just today I found it
I realized this must be a perennial 2 yr kind of thing...
not sure... 2nd time trying this veg .. 1st time ground hogs got em.

BRUS

I made a little progress on clean up... going to take it slow...
last year I dived in...way to fast.. messed my back up for 4 months...

CLEAN

Next time... going to burn the leaves row on the left.. and torch the green on the right.​

Last edited:
orggrwr

orggrwr

Great idea. Here's my tomato seedlings and my photos started last week in a old tent. Should have started them 2 weeks earlier so I'm already playing catch up. The tomatoes will be going in a raised bed and the cannabis in a poly-tunnel greenhouse. I'll post pics of those when I plant.(it's dark now)
IMG 2024 04 14 20 51 49 948

IMG 2024 04 14 20 50 45 454
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey BearWater... nice to find a fellow gardener.. hope we can find more..

"anything started to go outside yet"... well the only thing I started is cleanup of rear garden... wanted to start sprouting romaine... beets... spinach... this evening... maybe tomorrow..

So.. I did start this below... last fall the chickens ate the hell out of it... I gave up on it
the Brussels were just starting to get some size... just today I found it
I realized this must be a perennial 2 yr kind of thing...
not sure... 2nd time trying this veg .. 1st time ground hogs got em.

View attachment 2150685
I made a little progress on clean up... going to take it slow...
last year I dived in...way to fast.. messed my back up for 4 months...

View attachment 2150684
Next time... going to burn the leaves row on the left.. and torch the green on the right.​
Thats a start Snappy! Ill post a pic of all my starts : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Great idea. Here's my tomato seedlings and my photos started last week in a old tent. Should have started them 2 weeks earlier so I'm already playing catch up. The tomatoes will be going in a raised bed and the cannabis in a poly-tunnel greenhouse. I'll post pics of those when I plant.(it's dark now)View attachment 2150690
Thats great!! For the plants that came up with multiple plants in one grid square, do you pick the “strongest” or do you pull them all out and get them in their own pots or planter space?

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Here’s some pumpkins, zucchini, pole beans, watermelon, and some reaper peppers! I have tried the peppers last year and had one hang on and go to flower and fruit! Two peppers hahahaha! The tomatoes were looking awesome before this cold rainy weather came through, confident they’ll snap right back. Those are the kids’ summer snacks!
09A75558 4B21 42CE A259 6E885B5FA361
E58735C6 9871 4FC7 9664 0AF3ED885084
011482BD 25CE 44FA 9DAC 51745CD64C9F

orggrwr

orggrwr

Thats great!! For the plants that came up with multiple plants in one grid square, do you pick the “strongest” or do you pull them all out and get them in their own pots or planter space?
I usually plant 2 or 3 seeds per grid and pick the strongest one. The rest get culled. Always start way more than I need but can usually find homes for the extras with family and friends.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I usually plant 2 or 3 seeds per grid and pick the strongest one. The rest get culled. Always start way more than I need but can usually find homes for the extras with family and friends.
Ok I was wondering how hard it is to get them all out to replant without damaging them : ) I have always just put one seed per square. I think it’s better practice to do it the way you’re doing it though : )

My giveaways were in the smaller pots and not supported so this rain bent them over. They should pop back up, probably, maybe 🤔 hahaha🤷‍♂️

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

You guys are way way ahead of me... I'm totally jealous... so many things to get done.. and I'm always playing..

Well today I found this in the laundry room... right where I left it 6 months ago... I forget

Pot

Took my 1st shot at growing potatoes last year.. and wow.. with my rocky soil... they grew in abundance.

Bru

Getting back to that brussels sprout .. I can't understand it.. it's the same plant the chickens attacked... it dried up and died.. then this (when I don't know) sometime in the past month sprouted out of the dead... can't explain it...

App

My apple tree is showing it's Apple blossoms

Last edited:
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
You guys are way way ahead of me...
Ill wait for you man! It’s all about the fun and friends along the way : ) I was going to put a bunch of stuff in the dirt today and started thinking about how cold the soil is.

My apples are not doing that yet! Thats beautiful!

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Never saw this tulip before in my life... was finally able to identify it... thought tulips ordinate from bulbs... still pondering how it got here...

Tulipa ‘palmares’ (Palmares)
Palmares
Position
Long-day plant, put in sunny places, but avoid strong sunlight at noon

Min temperature: 6

Max temperature: 32

Watering
Water thoroughly only when soil is dry, reduce watering during flowering season, 1-2 times a week

Min humidity: 30%

Max humidity: 80%

Fertilization
Dilute fertilizers following instructions, apply 1-2 times monthly
Pruning
Remove the withered parts on the ground after flowering, leaving bulbs for germination in the next year
More info

Tulipa ‘Palmares’ is a stunning variety of tulip known for its mesmerizing beauty. Displaying large, cup-shaped blooms, this plant captivates with a vibrant color combination of deep red and creamy white. The petals feature a rich red hue that transitions into a striking white edge, creating a contrasting and eye-catching effect. As the flowers fully open, they reveal intricate patterns and delicate textures, further enhancing their visual appeal. ‘Palmares’ tulips stand tall on sturdy stems and have a graceful presence in any garden or floral arrangement. With its striking coloration and elegant form, this tulip variety is sure to add a touch of sophistication and elegance to any landscape or floral display.
Flowering: March-May
Viewing: 3-4 weeks
Height: 18-22
Diameter: ≥ 10
Color: Flower color orange
Production: Yunnan
Family: Liliaceae, Tulipa
Origin: Holland

Wondering if I should transplant it.. before it gets trampled on?

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Ok I was wondering how hard it is to get them all out to replant without damaging them : ) I have always just put one seed per square. I think it’s better practice to do it the way you’re doing it though : )

My giveaways were in the smaller pots and not supported so this rain bent them over. They should pop back up, probably, maybe 🤔 hahaha🤷‍♂️
it's way more efficient to plant numerous seeds and using a gentle touch repot the extras. I was doing one seed per cube until I experimented. I honestly did not lose one seedling out of roughly 7 flats of all different plants. I will no on start with a larger starter pot and when the timing is right just sperate and re-pot

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Never saw this tulip before in my life... was finally able to identify it... thought tulips ordinate from bulbs... still pondering how it got here...

Tulipa ‘palmares’ (Palmares)
Palmares
Position
Long-day plant, put in sunny places, but avoid strong sunlight at noon

Min temperature: 6

Max temperature: 32

Watering
Water thoroughly only when soil is dry, reduce watering during flowering season, 1-2 times a week

Min humidity: 30%

Max humidity: 80%

Fertilization
Dilute fertilizers following instructions, apply 1-2 times monthly
Pruning
Remove the withered parts on the ground after flowering, leaving bulbs for germination in the next year
More info

Tulipa ‘Palmares’ is a stunning variety of tulip known for its mesmerizing beauty. Displaying large, cup-shaped blooms, this plant captivates with a vibrant color combination of deep red and creamy white. The petals feature a rich red hue that transitions into a striking white edge, creating a contrasting and eye-catching effect. As the flowers fully open, they reveal intricate patterns and delicate textures, further enhancing their visual appeal. ‘Palmares’ tulips stand tall on sturdy stems and have a graceful presence in any garden or floral arrangement. With its striking coloration and elegant form, this tulip variety is sure to add a touch of sophistication and elegance to any landscape or floral display.
Flowering: March-May
Viewing: 3-4 weeks
Height: 18-22
Diameter: ≥ 10
Color: Flower color orange
Production: Yunnan
Family: Liliaceae, Tulipa
Origin: Holland

pretty cool looking, yeah? I would wait until it finishes blooming and get it moved to a good spot. Too cool to let it get stomped

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Bear.. I'm guessing your a bit north of me...
I’m in the Northern California area : ) I went and checked the soil temp yesterday (trusty finger in the soil test) didn’t feel cold at all. Some things will be going in later today! : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I would construct a little temporary stick fence around it : ) nothing fancy, just something enough to catch your eye so not to step on it or to keep animal traffic off it. Then fallowing Otto’s advice after the bloom and transplant it : )

It’s beautiful!

Z

Zab

Here’s some pumpkins, zucchini, pole beans, watermelon, and some reaper peppers! I have tried the peppers last year and had one hang on and go to flower and fruit! Two peppers hahahaha! The tomatoes were looking awesome before this cold rainy weather came through, confident they’ll snap right back. Those are the kids’ summer snacks!View attachment 2150700View attachment 2150701View attachment 2150702
When you say reapers you mean Carolina right? If so have you got a few on the go now?

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
When you say reapers you mean Carolina right? If so have you got a few on the go now?
Yes the Carolina reaper : ) I have a few that just now seedlings and and the ones i mentioned I’m germinating along with two I started last year that I kept alive and actually flowered and fruited! Those are in the pic somewhere in here : ) not super duper but its something hahaha!

Reactions: Zab
Top Bottom