Outdoor grow in Southeast Michigan 2024

• Thread starter cpurola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TreeBee

TreeBee

Unless you're journaling elsewhere or by hand a Grow Diary here will give you a record of your grows with pictures even if you only update once a week. One Diary: Indoor today.... then Outdoor today....

Easy😉
Thats mostly why I am doing one. I usually just take pictures of everything and then the date stamp is my reference point but it will be easier to scroll through this way I think.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Thats mostly why I am doing one. I usually just take pictures of everything and then the date stamp is my reference point but it will be easier to scroll through this way I think.
Absolutely. I take so many pics there are times I can't tell them apart after a few years/months. I can't remember anything anymore so I'm always looking back to when did these seeds pop or when did I up pot and move that plant.

But most of all it's awesome to see how others are growing and utilizing this plant. That's mainly why I share. Grew for decades and always the same crap, bag seed in the ground, many times hidden in the yard fighting bugs and animals. It wasn't until I joined a site like this and learned more in a day than I had in years of growing. AND it wasn't until HERE when I learned about coconut coir and MasterBlend nutes. Today I rarely grow pot in the ground or in soil. When I can produce such quick strong solid growth in a short time period I can't see suffering through any more soil grows.

All of that (geeze) just to say keep a diary😉

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I haven't done a journal in over a decade. But now I'm out in the sticks in an outlaw state and I can't be social about it.

Killin 2 birds with one stone. No longer do I have my ex roommates weirdly prodigious memory nor much of a social thing around cannabis.

Journal seems the obvious way to be social and keep track of what the hell I'm doing.

So hi, I'm here now... Posting more on other people's journals then my own xD

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Started my Auto seeds:
CBG Relief
CBG Citurs Nectar
CBD Cookies
Red Pure Auto CBD
G13
Lowrider
Critical Gorilla Glue

Wasn't going to use the paper towel method, but some are from last year and I want to see if they'll germinate.

View attachment 2176293
Well, Cpurrr, That should put you about 70 plants over the limit!😂 Saying an over limit fine Of $50 per plant! That would come to……. I’m getting a headache!🤣 You go, girl!!!

TreeBee

TreeBee

Absolutely. I take so many pics there are times I can't tell them apart after a few years/months. I can't remember anything anymore so I'm always looking back to when did these seeds pop or when did I up pot and move that plant.

But most of all it's awesome to see how others are growing and utilizing this plant. That's mainly why I share.
I am really glad I decided to join this forum its a wealth of knowledge and the people here are actually decent to each other....Shocking 😅

I haven't done a journal in over a decade. But now I'm out in the sticks in an outlaw state and I can't be social about it.

Killin 2 birds with one stone. No longer do I have my ex roommates weirdly prodigious memory nor much of a social thing around cannabis.

Journal seems the obvious way to be social and keep track of what the hell I'm doing.

So hi, I'm here now... Posting more on other people's journals then my own xD
The social aspect has been unexpected but plesant for me here. I am pretty much a hermit outside of my family and partner I probably talk to the fast cashier are my grocery store the most 😅

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

i see smart idea, ill keep that in mind, i have them dry up alot in spring, would certainly help with that to.👍
Leaves and weeds as well. Hell we compost all table scraps except meats and dairy. Just this morning I use soil from a box that was used for 2 years to compost in
20240522 100238

to transplant this Thyme plant
20240522 100231

in the box next to it, that was used to compost horse manure and weeds. I've got old shower doors that I can cover the boxes with and break down any organic material quick.

I throw all garden cuttings/clippings in with the table scraps, usually to help control the smell and it has been making me some pretty sweet soil/mulch and I don't water it down and stir I just allow nature to take its course.

All outdoor growers should be doing something similar😉

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I am really glad I decided to join this forum its a wealth of knowledge and the people here are actually decent to each other....Shocking 😅

The social aspect has been unexpected but plesant for me here. I am pretty much a hermit outside of my family and partner I probably talk to the fast cashier are my grocery store the most 😅
Hahahaha

Same. The Indian guys at the corner store down town are my good buddies. And I got one old homie from back in the day that comes around here

Leaves and weeds as well. Hell we compost all table scraps except meats and dairy. Just this morning I use soil from a box that was used for 2 years to compost in
View attachment 2176458
to transplant this Thyme plant
View attachment 2176457
in the box next to it, that was used to compost horse manure and weeds. I've got old shower doors that I can cover the boxes with and break down any organic material quick.

I throw all garden cuttings/clippings in with the table scraps, usually to help control the smell and it has been making me some pretty sweet soil/mulch and I don't water it down and stir I just allow nature to take its course.

All outdoor growers should be doing something similar😉

Yes. This. Nothing gets wasted and I work my skin right off the bone to make sure lmao

My outdoor girlies are in a mix of compost, and self carted flood plain loam amended soil :3

Once my dwc tent is going again, even all my indoor stalks and fan leaves get composted and repurposed 100%

The only reason I even grow non organic hydro indoors is the dust. I'm prob already gonna have silicosis ina. Few years. I watch dust like a hawk. Most people don't even realize how dangerous inhaling perlite dust is 25 years from now.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter

Don’t underestimate the social value! When my wife was croaking, two years ago, this place was invaluable to escape to! 😁👍

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Hahahaha

Same. The Indian guys at the corner store down town are my good buddies. And I got one old homie from back in the day that comes around here

Yes. This. Nothing gets wasted and I work my skin right off the bone to make sure lmao

My outdoor girlies are in a mix of compost, and self carted flood plain loam amended soil :3

Once my dwc tent is going again, even all my indoor stalks and fan leaves get composted and repurposed 100%

The only reason I even grow non organic hydro indoors is the dust. I'm prob already gonna have silicosis ina. Few years. I watch dust like a hawk. Most people don't even realize how dangerous inhaling perlite dust is 25 years from now.
8qyepp

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

It is the best naturally forming soil that exists, period, end of discussion. If your plant doesnt like it you did something wrong xD hahahahaha

Im halfway down a mountainside where the creek lines converge and flatten out for about 100 yards before going back down the rest of the ridge line to the river.

I got all the minerals washing out the mountaintops, and all that organic meadow matter, in a single flood plane a 5 minute walk from where im planting 😈

10 days separates these two pics. 10 days and just add water.

Well drained flood plane loam will give you damn near hydroponic growth rates. I dug each plant out about 1 foot deep 2 foot wide. Bottom 8 inches or so, straight flood plane loam with a tiny bit of sand mixed in. Top few inches, straight compost and goat manure. Then i just used the local ground detritus to mulch.
439991689 454996733722870 2260809089539502834 n

441889380 1435668997155233 9151249830205647117 n 3

Considering it was a mid april seed pop, i got a feeling this one's gonna be a monster, barely over a month old.

I did give a feeding of some flora micro yesterday because i have it though lol. But im really feeding the soil ecosystem more then the plants the way this is setup. Beyond the amended soil, the rest is very dense, mineral depleted clay because im on a mountain and planted near a ridge. It drains surprisingly well though. Assuming im on super porous bedrock considering the number of caves in the area. The rain has washed all the good stuff down into the flood plane tho, and thats exactly why i brought it back up here lmao.

If the laws ever change, im glad i have this land, because ill be putting entire bush sized sativas out in early june directly on the edge of that floodplane too. I got enough room down there for a dozen true monsters. Its a gentle southward facing slope/plane that gets about 9-11 hrs direct a day. It's a truly perfect spot for giant sativa genetics. Edge of a Natural flood plane too, i wouldnt ever have to amend the soil, just not plant in the exact same spot every season and figure out the prime distance from the main creek channel.

Is funny though, the original owner of this land was having a nightmare trying to sell the house and the lot together because of the flood plane down in the back yard, and how insanely fast the grasses grow there and all the mosquitos, and theres a yellow jacket nest in literally every rotting stump down there. They found it quite odd that i only wanted the house if the floodplane was on its lot too lmao.

Where im planting now only gets about 4-5 hrs direct, prob 6 come fall.

Last edited:
cpurola

cpurola

I am soooo impatient! Some of the seeds started to swell and instead of waiting for the tap root I put them in seed starting mix on top of the heat mat with 2 layers of a towel between. And I'm not going to add water until they need it! And I'm not going to paw through the soil if they're not coming up fast enough.
Really! Honest! LOL

20240523 082032

20240523 082051

TreeBee

TreeBee

I am soooo impatient! Some of the seeds started to swell and instead of waiting for the tap root I put them in seed starting mix on top of the heat mat with 2 layers of a towel between. And I'm not going to add water until they need it! And I'm not going to paw through the soil if they're not coming up fast enough.
Really! Honest! LOL

View attachment 2177054
View attachment 2177055
Lmao I hear ya

Images 5
cpurola

cpurola

Okay, @Oldchucky I went and did it again.
I had an unoccupied plot of ground and I had plants who needed to go into ground and voila. 😁
And no, I have no idea how I'm going to manage ALL these plants. LOL
BTW, there are 18. Oh, and the greenery is chamomile volunteers from last year.
Beneficials love it, so it stays.

20240523 160736

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
L O L! Atta girl! I like your style! Stick them in the ground, and worry about taking care of them when the time comes! I like it! This thread just keeps getting better and better!👍🐒

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You know, Cpurrr! The most awesome part of this thread is the fact that you don’t even smoke the stuff! And you have enough sleep aids to last you 10 years! You’re doing it for the love of the plant and the challenge! Growing in its purest form! In my book that means a lot! You go, girl!!!

TreeBee

TreeBee

Okay, @Oldchucky I went and did it again.
I had an unoccupied plot of ground and I had plants who needed to go into ground and voila. 😁
And no, I have no idea how I'm going to manage ALL these plants. LOL
BTW, there are 18. Oh, and the greenery is chamomile volunteers from last year.
Beneficials love it, so it stays.

View attachment 2177299
I feel like this is better than hoarding cats and plenty of people do that so you're good 🤷‍♀️

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You know, Cpurrr! The most awesome part of this thread is the fact that you don’t even smoke the stuff! And you have enough sleep aids to last you 10 years! You’re doing it for the love of the plant and the challenge! Growing in its purest form! In my book that means a lot! You go, girl!!!
Either that, or you have totally lost it!🤣✌️🐒

Top Bottom