outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013

• Thread starter wiggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wiggles

wiggles

Hello everyone, and welcome to my grow for 2013. this grow is in wales in the UK, and I've spent the last 4 summers trying to get my growing skills up so i can see how well cannabis can be grown outdoors in this harsh unpredictable environment. i have chosen 3 strains that i know are a safe bet in terms of yield and ability to cope with the climate they will be grown in. i have been asking for help on another thread i started but i thought id make a new thread to document the grow and see what strain does best etc. im still really in need of good advise and any feedback you have.

So, this is my garden, its on a secluded slope in a forestry where i live, all that grows there is small ever green trees and oaks that don't get chopped down so the area is nice and untended.
i have been growing in the ground for the past 4 years so the soil is just clogged with old roots and it doesn't seem like theres much goodness left in it. so this year its all gonna be grown in pots, sunk half way into the ground.

the best way i have found to get a really healthy plant is to spoil it when its young, so i got 2 grow tents and put one inside the other, this way it will get even warmer inside the tent and its just nice to have another layer between the plants and everything outside that would kill them.

im not using any fancy soil to start them, just 50% potting mix and 50% local soil from the grow spot, its nice and sandy so it will make it nice and easy for the roots to push through.

i will be introducing bat guano, eggshells and worm castings when i come to transplant in about 3 weeks.

i hope you enjoy my garden, i do try really hard to learn about all aspects of the growing process and im really just looking to learn more :)
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013 2
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013 3
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013 4
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013 5
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013 6
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013 7
Outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013 8

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Hello everyone, and welcome to my grow for 2013. this grow is in wales in the UK, and I've spent the last 4 summers trying to get my growing skills up so i can see how well cannabis can be grown outdoors in this harsh unpredictable environment. i have chosen 3 strains that i know are a safe bet in terms of yield and ability to cope with the climate they will be grown in. i have been asking for help on another thread i started but i thought id make a new thread to document the grow and see what strain does best etc. im still really in need of good advise and any feedback you have.

So, this is my garden, its on a secluded slope in a forestry where i live, all that grows there is small ever green trees and oaks that don't get chopped down so the area is nice and untended.
i have been growing in the ground for the past 4 years so the soil is just clogged with old roots and it doesn't seem like theres much goodness left in it. so this year its all gonna be grown in pots, sunk half way into the ground.

the best way i have found to get a really healthy plant is to spoil it when its young, so i got 2 grow tents and put one inside the other, this way it will get even warmer inside the tent and its just nice to have another layer between the plants and everything outside that would kill them.

im not using any fancy soil to start them, just 50% potting mix and 50% local soil from the grow spot, its nice and sandy so it will make it nice and easy for the roots to push through.

i will be introducing bat guano, eggshells and worm castings when i come to transplant in about 3 weeks.

i hope you enjoy my garden, i do try really hard to learn about all aspects of the growing process and im really just looking to learn more :)View attachment 312258View attachment 312259View attachment 312260View attachment 312261View attachment 312262View attachment 312263View attachment 312264View attachment 312265

thats an awesome little green house, perfect for babies and seed popping! much luck wiggles.

wiggles

wiggles

Those are some nice healthy looking starts you got going........

Hope you have a great season:)

thanks man i really appreciate it, just love getting the garden started. these plants were started under a light but they look better for being in the sunshine already. if your growing this year i hope it all goes well too :)

wiggles

wiggles

there
thats an awesome little green house, perfect for babies and seed popping! much luck wiggles.
many thanks brother, i found it in my local homebase store, only £10! bought 2 for good measure, we will see how the little ladies like it in there. im thinking il put it on its side when the plants need more room

wiggles

wiggles

so last night was pretty cold, witch was really annoying because its been very mild during the nights recently and it was cloudy all day, but they scattered and the stars came out. Im not to sure how cold these plants can go at this age, just have to hope theres no stunting in growth.
Screen Shot 2013 05 12 at 111055

wiggles

wiggles

This the season; looking good. Hope this is your best year yet.

you an me both mate, il try and keep it interesting

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so last night was pretty cold, witch was really annoying because its been very mild during the nights recently and it was cloudy all day, but they scattered and the stars came out. Im not to sure how cold these plants can go at this age, just have to hope theres no stunting in growth.
View attachment 312477
They can get very cold. I've had seedlings covered in snow for several days, no problem. Good stuff!

wiggles

wiggles

They can get very cold. I've had seedlings covered in snow for several days, no problem. Good stuff!

Yeah I'm not to worried, I've started seedlings through frosts before and they don't seem to mind. the only issue is growth stunt but these plants ive got now just seem like fast healthy growers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah I'm not to worried, I've started seedlings through frosts before and they don't seem to mind. the only issue is growth stunt but these plants ive got now just seem like fast healthy growers.
Rocks make great heat sinks. While I'm not so sure you want to fill that creation of yours with rocks, you *could* surround it with rocks, and during the night they will release the heat stored up during the day, thus keeping the immediate area around the wee bairns warmer, thus allowing them to grow a little more vigorously.

wiggles

wiggles

Rocks make great heat sinks. While I'm not so sure you want to fill that creation of yours with rocks, you *could* surround it with rocks, and during the night they will release the heat stored up during the day, thus keeping the immediate area around the wee bairns warmer, thus allowing them to grow a little more vigorously.

thats a really good idea sea, i think il do that tomorrow, i got so many rocks up at my spot, il get you a picture of the rock chair i made up there :)
you can see how much space there is in the tent, so i may put rocks inside it and on the outside too.

wiggles

wiggles

ive never seen those, i like that idea

yeah they are really cheap, and take about 5 minutes to set up. i recommend them because they make it easy to get to the plants and the plastic cover is surprisingly strong.

neverbreak

neverbreak

lookin good so far. can't beat the beauty of growing outdoors. sweet little seedling tent too.

neverbreak

wiggles

wiggles

lookin good so far. can't beat the beauty of growing outdoors. sweet little seedling tent too.

neverbreak
ah thanks dude i know what you mean, outdoors is just the best way to grow. i know i dont have the best climate for it but i always get a harvest and once its cured its tastey and this year im going to get involved with making hash or something.

Top Bottom