outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013

• Thread starter wiggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would make a full layer of rocks at the bottom of the tent, put the seedlings on top of that. The more the better here, especially if it's been raining as the rocks will help keep them a little elevated, which helps with airflow, etc.

wiggles

wiggles

I would make a full layer of rocks at the bottom of the tent, put the seedlings on top of that. The more the better here, especially if it's been raining as the rocks will help keep them a little elevated, which helps with airflow, etc.

I think I'm gonna leave them to get on with it for the next three days, its raining allot and the forecast isn't looking good. i had to put a stick in the tent to make the roof slanted, or the rain makes a pool of water or it droops down and touches the plants. the plants don't seem to have enough roots on them to suck up all the water just yet so theres no need to keep on drenching them with water. il put them on top of the rocks when i next go up, plus its always good to go up after a few days so you can see some real growth :)

wiggles

wiggles

the garden today. after having a months worth of rain in half a week the plants are looking like they have just been through a week of sunshine, really growing fast and looking healthy. the slanted roof worked perfectly and the tent is nice and dry. i thought id give the plants a treat and water in some guano for doing so well through this terrible weather. the black current bushes are looking healthy, only realised i had them today :)
IMAG0455
IMAG0456
IMAG0457
IMAG0460
IMAG0461
IMAG0463
IMAG0464
IMAG0466
IMAG0467
IMAG0468
IMAG0469
IMAG0470

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sweet! If that's a currant cane, it looks a lot like a grape. Did you know that grapes are actually berries, and that berries are actually something called a drupe? Everyone say it with me--drupe.

wiggles

wiggles

Sweet! If that's a currant cane, it looks a lot like a grape. Did you know that grapes are actually berries, and that berries are actually something called a drupe? Everyone say it with me--drupe.
i wish it was a grape, but i planted these black current cuttings a few years ago, i don't know how long they take to grow into bushes but they haven't done much so far.
not sure when im gonna go back up, if i get a few hot days il go up soon, the soil does't seem to dry up in that tent, just maintains a humid climate

drupe :)

wiggles

wiggles

so this is the garden today, im amazed by the growth of the leaves and how fast they are growing, probably because of the guano im watering them with, they are looking so healthy. i think il be repotting in two weeks.
IMAG0471

bongstar

bongstar

Did you know that grapes are actually berries, and that berries are actually something called a drupe? Everyone say it with me--drupe.
drupes hu? i actualy grow lots of drupes then also . HUGE OF OF DRUPE BERRY WINE!

wiggles

wiggles

You may not have two weeks!
well this is my concern, i believe this is when the plants stop stretching up for light so quickly and the stem begins to harden. they will still grow like mad bud hopefully they will start making some nice healthy foliage and stop reaching for the sky! all together im really happy, i mean tell me they don't look like indoor seedlings, and ive had 5 really cold nights and a months worth of rain in a week! these strains are literally growing like weeds :D

wiggles

wiggles

so the garden today is looking good, everything growing fast and strong. it seems i was pretty wrong about the repotting, il have to do that in a few days. i also took them out of their grow tent so they will toughen up from the wind, looking for strong plants and they are getting a bit leggy, that wont matter tho, one the baby leaves fall of il cover most of the stem in soil. its all looking good for now, just hope there are no mice near by that want a tasty meal.
IMAG0481
IMAG0483
IMAG0485
IMAG0486
IMAG0487
IMAG0490
IMAG0492

IMAG0493
wiggles

wiggles

the garden today, looking good, i put them back in the tent, a few were munched by slugs but ive removed any pesky criters and repotted them. its a good sunny day and they are looking good. im assuming the yellow shriveling on some of the leaves is from the guano, they are to young for it and when repotting i noticed the roots are pretty small, not filling the pots. im gonna give them another week and then possibly put them outside again, make some wire cages to keep out the wildlife and have them raised of the ground on a pallet. hopefully the yellow burn on the leaves will subside with a good flush from nice plain water.

im also about to start my flowering nutrient, made from comfrey and nettle leaves, left in a big bucket to stew and by august il have some really potent nutrients
IMAG0499
IMAG0500
IMAG0501
IMAG0502
IMAG0503
IMAG0505
IMAG0506
IMAG0507
IMAG0508
IMAG0509
IMAG0510
for my ladies.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
ahh ,,Yeah. You burned em a little with the food..:(

They were so Happy!! I love your photos from last week!
I dont think Ive seen plants that size, praying that hard! :woot:

vaporedout

vaporedout

why are you starting your flower nutes right now? these guys are gonna need N still for another month or two. most flower nutes dont have any N or very little. new growth looks good, id just lighten up on the nutes. are these things going into the ground? keep it up!

wiggles

wiggles

ahh ,,Yeah. You burned em a little with the food..:(

They were so Happy!! I love your photos from last week!
I dont think Ive seen plants that size, praying that hard! :woot:
yeah i know, ive only been watering in the guano, but that was a spoonful each time, wont make that mistake again! so now its rehab and im just gonna use water, the tops look good and im not worried, the slugs are the main offenders. hopefully youl see a much nicer garden next week :)

wiggles

wiggles

why are you starting your flower nutes right now? these guys are gonna need N still for another month or two. most flower nutes dont have any N or very little. new growth looks good, id just lighten up on the nutes. are these things going into the ground? keep it up!
i thought guano was good for plants this size, i know its good for flowering but i didnt know it would burn them. its all water from now on, possibly some tomato nutes mixed in.
im not sure if im gonna put them in the ground for 2 reasons, 1 the soil looks pretty bad, 2 i dont have enough room for this many plants once they get to big!
thanks man im trying to keep it looking good, we will see how they look next week

wiggles

wiggles

im just thinking, i was using the guano for a good 2 weeks before the leaves started to shrivel, and if its something else thats causing it i want to know so i can fix it, or maybe it took a while for the guano to effect the plant? hope it all fixes up, the hollands hope is not effected by it, and the moby dick doesnt seem to mind, i still don't want to use guano on either of them but its good to see they are resilient.

vaporedout

vaporedout

now that i re-looked at your pics. im thinking they could have got bleached not overfed. not sure if thats the right term, but when i put my clones outside, out in direct sun, the leaves look "bleached" so question..... did you just take off the cover and have them in the sun before this happened? because they look a little lime color, which might suggest they need more N (guano). maybe somebody will chime in and back me up or maybe its something else, but that would be the way i would attack my plants if they looked like yours.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That is a good Point Vape. The leaves are kinda pale

Top Bottom