Outdoor growing in the Phoenix

• Thread starter AZsunfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ha ha ha! Look at those temps! Be honest Arizona. Is it too hot for the plants or is it too hot for you to go out and take care of them? I feel for you brother!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Not good, lol. Just got back to 110+ temps. Gotta hang some shade today. Some buds didn’t survive, just crispy dust now. I chopped the last early auto and have 2 left in the ground. I’ll keep watering but I think the season is over for me. I slightly over dried the two I chopped before I left as well but I think the grove bags will save them. The thick stems were still wet enough so I didn’t trim the buds off and put stems and all in the bags to try to stabilize. I’ll try a little tonight, but I’m not worried. I’ve over dried in the past and it’s worked out.

I may post again but I’m pretty much done, I got the info I needed and next year will be different. I know it’s hot here and I’ve lived in the desert my whole life but it does feel different the past few years. Its supposed to be a record setting weekend for temps, but this is the new normal. I hope the monsoon cools us off soon. But, I either need to setup a small climate controlled grow room in the garage or just get 12 autos in the ground in early Feb and deal with the smaller plants that a short light cycle in late winter/early spring gives us. I can’t afford the former right now. It’s all good tho, still smokin my own and thankful for it.

Who else has outdoor Phoenix grow threads?
Have you ever thought about trying to build a screen tent greenhouse? I built one about 5 years ago out of $300 worth of Home Depot supplies. Probably more money now due to inflation. Simple wood beams a staple gun and commercial rolls of window screen. I used a high UV screen that lets in the most available light. Im by the beach and don't suffer from heat like you so I wanted a screen that let in max light. Im sure you could buy screen that does the opposite you want one with a fatter mesh so it blocks out partial light. On the few days during the year that we had 100+ heat I just jumped up on a ladder and used big alligator clips to attach a roe cover shade cloth on top to further block the sun. Then once heat wave was gone just pull it off and then its back to normal UV screen. Just a thought this may be a god way for you to help block UV light and also protect against pests. The screen also cuts down the wind a little but they still move around inside the tent when its really blowing...

IMG 1400

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Haha, I’m an old school desert rat bro! I’m outside doing yard work all day while Cali boys are sittin in A/C. I use 40% shade cloth that works pretty well. Shit just bakes over 110 tho, A shaded structure that I could blast a swamp cooler through would probably work. I know I could get one for a few hundred bucks and control the environment a little more. Maybe next season 😎. Tonight I’m gonna smoke some of this mango smile I just dried and see how much outdoor love I got! I’m hoping for an ass whoopin

J

justinsloan

And lastly, my 3 gal indoor blueberry photo that I flipped a few weeks ago. I read you can’t do a living soil in 3 gals but this one is working like a charm. No nutes at all and just looking like a champ. My garage is about 100 degrees under the lights and she’s fine. I just brought it outside for some sun and a pic.

So a little good and plenty of bad but all in all it’s been a horrible April for weather. I was hoping for more mild conditions until May but this is what you get out here in the desert. I’ll put up some shade and dial in my watering better, when they are in ground you really don’t have to water much. I got some Mykos and Azos for better rooting to get them deeper and cooler. Until next time ladies and gents…
Is it possible to grow cannabis plants in the summer in Phoenix, AZ outdoors? Or will the heat kill the plant?

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Is it possible to grow cannabis plants in the summer in Phoenix, AZ outdoors? Or will the heat kill the plant?
Absolutely. I just haven’t figured it out yet, 🤣. Oldchucky is doing a good job if you follow his thread. My bro out in Palm Desert has his connection who grows outdoors and has monster outdoor photos and they get 120F in August. I know he uses shade and had his own strains but I’ve never been to his house to do recon. Next year I’m going to buy some beans from him. I’m born n raised in Coachella and I’ll never go back to that shithole, lol. Your welcome to join us in our endeavors!

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

These are what’s left of my grow. I chopped 4 smaller autos that didn’t get very big because I popped them in early March with not much light. Im smoking them up now and they are fantastic. These were started later and got to a good size but as you can see they got completely burned, stressed, reveg and ugly. I added 40% shade a few weeks ago but the damage has already been done. Just letting them go because they do smell nice for the yard. One is infested with stupid gypsy moths and caterpillars.

444C22DD 9E77 4691 9E31 D58F5D0B7371
F64822D1 6C7D 45F6 90DD 0CE183461480
C7D8F9CE A824 4354 8E6E B6A376D7F732
01E471F0 A554 46A7 913F A50DD1997C5E
1E3B3D93 EA69 4085 82F1 E9A40A817033
Top Bottom