strider26554

Info:
strain- gg4
age-16 wks
soil- compost
nutrients- top dress NPK 5 days ago
watering, -1 gallon per 2 days plus rain about once a week lately
sprays.- regalia, weekly
Notes: I have 11 plants growing in various areas this one gg4 started canoeing today, only on half the plant. the other 10 no sign of any canoeing, they all got sprayed with regalia yesterday morning , it was cloudy. temps and humidity have been high. they all were top dressed with phosphorus and potash 5 days ago. cant think of any reason this one is doing this. Any ideas would be appreciated.
View attachment 1268668
Is it just me or am i seeing blackened tips from nute burn coupled with a mite infestasation? or

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok i’ve read through the thread..
my take on it..
heat stress, over feeding and possibly overwatering..
no need to be feeding if in the ground unless there’s a reason..
sativa leaning plants don’t eat as much as indica leaning plants..

flowerdave

flowerdave

ya a no no with synthetic nutrients in organic mediums..
she’ll be fine as long as mites are not part of it which i don’t think so.. but?
Yes I agree about the synthetics. i come from a background in the greenhouse business where all fert was synthetic so this is relearning for me. I went to all the trouble of making a great compost then i go and do something stupid like that. i am pretty sure there are no mites. One day curl up next day burn points to nute fry.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yes I agree about the synthetics. i come from a background in the greenhouse business where all fert was synthetic so this is relearning for me. I went to all the trouble of making a great compost then i go and do something stupid like that. i am pretty sure there are no mites. One day curl up next day burn points to nute fry.
yep i’d watch all the plants closely as you never know, but i think you’ll be fine as time goes on and things get back in balance and she recovers from it.🤞

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You cant see russet mites with a loupe or scope. You need a microscope and look at the petiole close to the leaf and stem

Just gonna reiterate im 99% positive its mites.

I hate this website but you can do your own searches… leaves do not curled like that for any other reason i know. There are many reason a leaf will curl, cup or taco… but like that… well imo only 1. Watch for the progression of symptoms as you will see them follow

flowerdave

flowerdave

You cant see russet mites with a loupe or scope. You need a microscope and look at the petiole close to the leaf and stem

Just gonna reiterate im 99% positive its mites.

I hate this website but you can do your own searches… leaves do not curled like that for any other reason i know. There are many reason a leaf will curl, cup or taco… but like that… well imo only 1. Watch for the progression of symptoms as you will see them follow

Thanks for the link. I don't have a microscope so I might as well treat them. I would use avid but we are too close to flower so I will use one of them in that link you sent. The safer soap has sulfur and I read that is affective on them. Also I will use neem but I don't have much faith in neem from using it on my job

strider26554

strider26554

Thanks for the link. I don't have a microscope so I might as well treat them. I would use avid but we are too close to flower so I will use one of them in that link you sent. The safer soap has sulfur and I read that is affective on them. Also I will use neem but I don't have much faith in neem from using it on my job
If you are anywhere near flower i would recommend no sulfur, it is effective but leaves a very nasty taste to your carefully nurtured organic/ natural grow, i will add that if your outdoor soil is anything like mine, it is possible that you have double whammy thing going on here. I move alot of girls outdoors and have only seen canoing like yours with a =n infestation, russet mites are so small that it is possible that have been working on the plant for a while, i believe that russet mites, while they are an insect, are so incredibly miniscule that they would almost be better treated as a virus or disease as opposed to an infestation. That being said, there are soe very valid points being made about organic soil being amended with synthetic nutes. I learned the hard way that most soils, considering that ph is correct will give most strains everything they need, and that adding synthetics usually only complicates or hurts the plant, Just like any other genetic trait the ability to grow in very high nitrogen soils can be developed over time but marijuana is a weed, its will grow and flourish and adapt to almost any soil. I have plants of the same strain growing in un amended soil, ( no help whatsoever) and these plants appear entirely different in color, shape, and even leaf structure is much different, its almost as though they are an entirely different strain. The plants grown like this progress slower in veg, and produce smaller much lighter colored bud, they are almost a brilliant lime green, but are very potent and mature ( from flower to amber trichs ) more quickly. its almost as though the plant knows it has to mature quickly to utilize what nutrients are available. so give her time watch her close, and see what happens.

strider26554

strider26554

My vision is now where near what it used to be and at 10 times mag. I cannot see russet mites. they are discernable at about 30 times but only movement betrays their appearance as an overall shading of reddish tinge. they are small, but one CAN actually see them under magnification.

strider26554

strider26554

If you are anywhere near flower i would recommend no sulfur, it is effective but leaves a very nasty taste to your carefully nurtured organic/ natural grow, i will add that if your outdoor soil is anything like mine, it is possible that you have double whammy thing going on here. I move alot of girls outdoors and have only seen canoing like yours with a =n infestation, russet mites are so small that it is possible that have been working on the plant for a while, i believe that russet mites, while they are an insect, are so incredibly miniscule that they would almost be better treated as a virus or disease as opposed to an infestation. That being said, there are soe very valid points being made about organic soil being amended with synthetic nutes. I learned the hard way that most soils, considering that ph is correct will give most strains everything they need, and that adding synthetics usually only complicates or hurts the plant, Just like any other genetic trait the ability to grow in very high nitrogen soils can be developed over time but marijuana is a weed, its will grow and flourish and adapt to almost any soil. I have plants of the same strain growing in un amended soil, ( no help whatsoever) and these plants appear entirely different in color, shape, and even leaf structure is much different, its almost as though they are an entirely different strain. The plants grown like this progress slower in veg, and produce smaller much lighter colored bud, they are almost a brilliant lime green, but are very potent and mature ( from flower to amber trichs ) more quickly. its almost as though the plant knows it has to mature quickly to utilize what nutrients are available. so give her time watch her close, and see what happens.
and i did say insect, but they are arachnids,,so technically speaking , they are plant lice.

Top Bottom